Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica >

1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica

1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica

Old 12-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TJ Bradley- send me your e mail address.

I`ll go to racing in TO with you.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Asurada Sugo
I want to build a 1/12 chassis from the ground up with the AH12 conversion kit. Can anybody give me a hand as to what parts I would need to purchase in order to have the car complete? I don't have a 1/12 so I'm going to have to buy all the parts separately.

Here's what I gathered I'd need:

AH12 conversion kit
IRS rear shaft + diff assembly kit
rear motor mount (left and right)
rear ride height adjustment blocks
rear shock
the whole front suspension assembly
bearings
screws
shims
gears
tires
body

Here's a few I'm not sure about:
- The two alum posts that holds the middle graphite piece where the rear body mount bolts on to.
- The alum post that holds the friction plate

What else am I missing out?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
All of the parts you will need are available from the Associated web site and the parts are very reasonable.

Just go to www.teamassociated.com.

Click on: Parts & Asscessories
Click on: On Road & Oval Parts
Go to either the RC12L3 or RC12L4 string.
Click on: the PDF file. (you must have Adobe to read this file. You can down load it for free right from the Associated website)
After opening the PDF file, write down all of the part numbers with descriptions and quantities you need.
Close the PDF file.
Click on: The catalog for either the RC12L3 or RC12L4
Click on: The "Click here to order button"
Complete the billing and ship to information and at the bottom of the same form you will see fields to put in part number, descriptions and quantities. Then just complete your order and you will have your parts. Sorry for the long instructions but... website is not user friendly.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Guys Happy Holidays,
I just got my Hara Hammer Conversion today for an Christmas Gift!! I have built most of it already and its sweet. One question though:

On the rear chassis brace, the flat head screw doesnt seem to screw into the roll tower.. Could some please let me know. It starts to screw in and then gets really hard to keep screwing in. Thats pretty much the last part i am on and the 2 screws under the chassis i stil have to put on. I'll hope to put pics up soon, but i am leaving tomorrow for a ccouple of days so maybe after.

Thanks

Jon
Old 12-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by JDXray
Hey Guys Happy Holidays,
I just got my Hara Hammer Conversion today for an Christmas Gift!! I have built most of it already and its sweet. One question though:

On the rear chassis brace, the flat head screw doesnt seem to screw into the roll tower.. Could some please let me know. It starts to screw in and then gets really hard to keep screwing in. Thats pretty much the last part i am on and the 2 screws under the chassis i stil have to put on. I'll hope to put pics up soon, but i am leaving tomorrow for a ccouple of days so maybe after.

Thanks

Jon
JD try the other screws. i had the same problem you had but i tried all of them and found that the other screws fit. some of the screws are metric and the others are standard.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by allspeed
JD try the other screws. i had the same problem you had but i tried all of them and found that the other screws fit. some of the screws are metric and the others are standard.
Thanks i found a different screw i could use in my tackle box which fit, but i still want to get a longer screw so the shorter ones dont strip or break. I have a really short screw in there now, so hopefully that will last me until i find a longer one that will fit.

I hope to start running the Hara this coming weekend, and will give a report/comments on it.

Jon
Old 01-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Okay i promised pics, so here they are.

I am no Atsushi Hara here, but i think i did a pretty good job, its a work in progress and still needs some work.

I had some servo problems on sunday at my club race, but the only thing i could find actually wrong on the Hara was the rear pod slop, which i fixed after that.

Jon
Old 01-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A very nice looking car, Jon! How's the driving impression so far. What motor were you running, I'm interseted to see how much this things weighs at. Car is hella narrow!

I like the CF covered electronics part, a la Masami style!

Dom
Old 01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Jd, I would say you have done a nice job. I would show pics of mine but I would be embarassed LOL . You will love the car!
Old 01-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
A very nice looking car, Jon! How's the driving impression so far. What motor were you running, I'm interseted to see how much this things weighs at. Car is hella narrow!

I like the CF covered electronics part, a la Masami style!

Dom
Lol thanks Dom, Ya I like the CF stickers. I am running stock motors, but our track might go to 19t thats why there is no motor in it right now.

Its acttually a pretty nice weight, i dont have a scale or anything. But if you look at Hara's car you dont see extra weights that much or/any at all. And the chassis is really narrow,you can hold it in your hand pretty much.

The driving seems very smooth, but like i said before i had some servo problems so i couldnt really test it. But when everything is setup i will let you all know!!

Jon

Originally posted by 429racer
Jd, I would say you have done a nice job. I would show pics of mine but I would be embarassed LOL . You will love the car!
Thanks,

And nooo lets see those pics!

Jon

Last edited by JDXray; 01-04-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default AH12

Here's one!

Last edited by 429racer; 11-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default AH12

Here's another and the last LOL. Wiring is a mess but that's just me!

Last edited by 429racer; 11-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

UGH!!! bRIAN, CLEAN IT UP , IT NEVER LOOKED THAT MESSED UP WHEN i HAD IT , HAVE TO TEACH YOU HOW TO RUN CLEAN WIRES? ALSO DOESNT LOOK LIKE IT WOULD BE TO TOUGH TO BEAT IN STOCK, PLUS I KNOW THE DRIVER
ROGT
Old 01-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: AH12

Originally posted by 429racer
Here's another and the last LOL. Wiring is a mess but that's just me!
Car looks overall very good. I was thinking of putting the hara on a CRC, but the L4 seemed better to me since i had mroe stuff for the L4. But again nice car!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rogtsaamokin
UGH!!! bRIAN, CLEAN IT UP , IT NEVER LOOKED THAT MESSED UP WHEN i HAD IT , HAVE TO TEACH YOU HOW TO RUN CLEAN WIRES? ALSO DOESNT LOOK LIKE IT WOULD BE TO TOUGH TO BEAT IN STOCK, PLUS I KNOW THE DRIVER
ROGT
HAHA , is this a challenge I hear? Yeah you will have to teach me how to keep my car clean, I guess going slow it has time to collect alot of dust HUH!LOL.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've got one of these cars with a L4 front end for sale. I got it from a friend but decided 12th scale wasnt for me. Its been used very little. Comes with a good set of foams. $155 shipped.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.