BMI's DB12R

Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Andrew..

you will really like the car.. just take you time building the front end
The car is 99.9% tweak free.. the other 0.1% is caused by my bad building skill.

~Ming
Old 08-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

got to check out one today - it wasn't on the track - just freshly built. from a pit point of view - its a work of art - i really liked how everything flowed together.....

tempting.....
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

jason,

ygpm
Old 08-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
The rear axle, mine is a little tight and I'm going to smooth the axle out with 2000 grit autobody sandpaper.. It goes it tight on the bearings and it needs to be a good fit but not too tight...
Make sure the side damper are install so the opening is on top and not next to the rear wheels....
I found my rear axle was tight in the bearings in the kit, too - but not in other bearings I have in my box. Check with your other bearings before you sand the axle and find it is too small for your other bearings!!

Side-damper tip is a good one, thanks!! Apart from that, it is the best kit I have ever built.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vicko
so when well the second production of cars be ready to sell?
Jason, charge this guy double!!
He's already fast with a 12 scale.... Vicko, didja see Casey run my car last week? He fine-tuned it and wow... What a difference.... I'll be at the Track tonight for ir maiden run on carpet... Please have pity on me....
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I found my rear axle was tight in the bearings in the kit, too - but not in other bearings I have in my box. Check with your other bearings before you sand the axle and find it is too small for your other bearings!!

Side-damper tip is a good one, thanks!! Apart from that, it is the best kit I have ever built.
I totally agree with this kit being put together real nice... I'll check the bearings before I sand the axle.. Thanks for the tip...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,

the bearings used in the kit are high quality bearings and the tolerances are real close on the i.d. and o.d. to where they need to be.make sure that the ride height adjusters are seated real good and that they are not crooked in the pod.you will need to lightly file the bump where the ride height adjuster comes off the tree.that should help alot.

thanks for the kind words on the car guys.i think you will all enjoy the trouble free race time and high performance you will get from it.if you have any questions or need any help with setup,build or anything,feel free to call the shop or drop me an email.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,

the bearings used in the kit are high quality bearings and the tolerances are real close on the i.d. and o.d. to where they need to be.make sure that the ride height adjusters are seated real good and that they are not crooked in the pod.you will need to lightly file the bump where the ride height adjuster comes off the tree.that should help alot.

thanks for the kind words on the car guys.i think you will all enjoy the trouble free race time and high performance you will get from it.if you have any questions or need any help with setup,build or anything,feel free to call the shop or drop me an email.
THX Jason, good point on sadning the ride height adjusters and not the shaft.... It's a lot cheaper to replace....

Man there's alot of good info/ideas/tips on this thread... I'm gonna have to burn a CD with the manuls/setups/etc for this car...
Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Lord

no problem buddy.i usually always sand that little nub off the adjusters.i think im just anal like that. keeps everything nice and free though
Old 08-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
got to check out one today - it wasn't on the track - just freshly built. from a pit point of view - its a work of art - i really liked how everything flowed together.....

tempting.....

just get one cash master!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by protc3
no problem buddy.i usually always sand that little nub off the adjusters.i think im just anal like that. keeps everything nice and free though
Now that I thought about it I started lmao in my office at work.... People walking by thought I was nuttier than usual....

Hmmm... sand a carbon fibre shaft or a piece of plastic......

But if the bearing goes on too tight then thats another issue...
Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got done building mine too, and I can't really add much more than what's been said already. Can't wait to get it on the rug.

The only little hiccup I had was mounting the servo. My JR servo seems to be a bit small for the servo mounts. Did I do something wrong?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
The only little hiccup I had was mounting the servo. My JR servo seems to be a bit small for the servo mounts. Did I do something wrong?
The JR servos are a very strange size. The mounts and chassis holes are desigend to fit a Futaba 9602, 9650, Airtronics 94141, 94145 or KO PDS-949 ICS. All of these bolt right up with the output shaft on the chassis centerline.

The JR3550 and Airtronics 94761 will require additional holes in the chassis and or different servo mounts. These are very undersize servos. They work great but we could not accomodate them without compromising the fit of more commonly used servos.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Lord

heres a pic of my car with the brushless gear installed.i will be replacing my spektrum cap with a receiver pack once it comes in but it will fit up right where the cap is at.its pretty clean for a guy who sucks at wiring
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-brushless-layout.jpg  
Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Lord

by the way guys,i wanted to thank all of you who sent those emails about the build quality of the car.i really went above and beyond to make sure the car went together really well and that the fit and finish was really good.it is nice to see that you guys see what i am putting into this car.thanks again guys.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.