Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

those are very nice stickers jason
Old 08-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jason,
Car was off the chain,
I had to turn my dual rate down to 49%.......And it was glued...I was going to try 5* blocks and see what kind of % I would need to maintain performance...
My only issue was the Jaco fronts are narrower than the CRC's I am use to running and I had to change back to e-clip kingpins to make them fit right.

Should be a great car for the big race this weekend...
Not sure the 12th scale turn out will be high but I will try my best to put it on the podium...Xtreme RC Mag, is covering the event so you might have to see my ugly mug with your new car in a couple months...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Jason,
Car was off the chain,
I had to turn my dual rate down to 49%.......And it was glued...I was going to try 5* blocks and see what kind of % I would need to maintain performance...
My only issue was the Jaco fronts are narrower than the CRC's I am use to running and I had to change back to e-clip kingpins to make them fit right.

Not sure the 12th scale turn out will be high but I will try my best to put it on the podium...Xtreme RC Mag, is covering the event so you might have to see my ugly mug with your new car in a couple months...LOL
-Shookie <><
Just curious. What race is that?
Old 08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AChupp2
Just curious. What race is that?
1st Annual Summer Slam in the city of Orange, CA.
Its at the old Ultimate Hobby Track at the park behind the mall of Orange.
Go to the Bending Corners Raceway Thread in the Racing Forums for more info if your interested in attending.

-Shookie <><
Old 08-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mr. Shookie you have a pm. Thanks. Oh, yeah, where are the new pics..?? Go get em'.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Jason,
Car was off the chain,

-Shookie <><
thats awesome bro.which kingpins are you running that do not fit with the jaco wheels?i was thinking of trying the IRS 1/10th kingpins.they only use 1 eclip and allow you to run 1/10th springs.they will only work with the big wheels.i want to see if there is any benefit.i was thinking there would be due to the longer spring.maybe it will last longer and be less progressive.i gotta try it to find out
Old 08-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
thats awesome bro.which kingpins are you running that do not fit with the jaco wheels?i was thinking of trying the IRS 1/10th kingpins.they only use 1 eclip and allow you to run 1/10th springs.they will only work with the big wheels.i want to see if there is any benefit.i was thinking there would be due to the longer spring.maybe it will last longer and be less progressive.i gotta try it to find out
I was using the king pins with a flat had screw driver end and a lock nut on the end. No matter how I did I had to go back to the IRS titanium stock dual E clip cause that is all I had in my pit box yesterday...Reminds me I need more kingpin shims too...LOL
But over all I am ok with running the old style kingpins they are not much of a pain to work on just not as easy to adjust as the other. Oh well not like I am spending time on setting tweak between rounds anyhow...LOL

Any comment on using the 5* blocks. The track is sprayed with grape soda every morning prior to racing and has become high bit, not sure if going to 5* blocks is a good choice or not. I am happy with how the car is handling just wanted you guys opinions.
THanks,
-Shookie <><
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Lord

the 5 degree blocks will tone down the initial turn in.what it does is reduce the amount of castor loss through out suspension compression.the static castor is the same between 5 and 10 degree blocks.the only difference is that the 5 degree blocks take away less castor on corner entry which will tone it down on entry.on power steering will remain the same.hope this helps bro
Old 08-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

the 5 degree blocks will tone down the initial turn in.what it does is reduce the amount of castor loss through out suspension compression.the static castor is the same between 5 and 10 degree blocks.the only difference is that the 5 degree blocks take away less castor on corner entry which will tone it down on entry.on power steering will remain the same.hope this helps bro
That is exactly what I wanted to know....5* blocks it is...should give it that little less initial turn that was causing me to turn the dual rate down so low...
I will let you know how it all fairs after the race Satrday.
Thanks for all the help,
-Shookie <><
Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

no problem bro
Old 08-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Lord

just keep in mind that the more input from the wheel on the radio means more scrubbing.make it so it is comfortable for you to drive but you dont want to be scrubbing off too much speed.i usually set my car real aggressive and i drive it deeper into the corner.pushing the car until it screams is what i enjoy but not always a good thing.especially when that pipe jumps in front of the car
Old 08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

just keep in mind that the more input from the wheel on the radio means more scrubbing.make it so it is comfortable for you to drive but you dont want to be scrubbing off too much speed.i usually set my car real aggressive and i drive it deeper into the corner.pushing the car until it screams is what i enjoy but not always a good thing.especially when that pipe jumps in front of the car
Those jumping pipes are an all too frequent accurance for me...Even though they are concrete and painted read and white...Go figure...LOL
I was thinking of going softer center spring and add a touch of rear droop as to help with the bumpiness of the track.
Should eliminate the spinouts and still give me all steering I need.
I will try those changes first before going to the 5* blocks...I think that might do the trick...
Or at least in my own mind...LOL

If you or Adrian have a super high traction asphalt track setup it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Old 08-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Lord

you can try the blue center spring with 30 wt. oil.i also use the IRS medium ball stud for the shock mount on the antenna mount.i am including this in the kit now being that it gives the car a good balance of on and off power steering. i would also try 1.5-2mm up travel on the pod droop to keep the rear wheels planted over the bumps.make sure the pod is level at ride height.if it sags in the front it will make the car loose on power. for bumpy high bite tracks you can try .018 front springs with .5mm up travel of droop in the front.this will make the car more smoothe and predictable.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

you can try the blue center spring with 30 wt. oil.i also use the IRS medium ball stud for the shock mount on the antenna mount.i am including this in the kit now being that it gives the car a good balance of on and off power steering. i would also try 1.5-2mm up travel on the pod droop to keep the rear wheels planted over the bumps.make sure the pod is level at ride height.if it sags in the front it will make the car loose on power. for bumpy high bite tracks you can try .018 front springs with .5mm up travel of droop in the front.this will make the car more smoothe and predictable.
Thanks, Hopefully with those changes I will dominate....LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mr. Shookie you have mail: Ok it's actually a pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.