Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Hey Jason, how's that Speed Passion powered DB12R looking?
I just got finished last night mounting it in the car. I am very impressed with it. I really like all of the features of the system and the way the switch and wires are all connected and split toward the plug. Makes for very clean wiring job. I will be running it at minnreg with the 10.5. I am very pleased with it. I need to get with you guys on carrying this product. I am very impressed with it.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
man kropy you must have a $ard on for me or something, you just have to keep mentioning my name if you want to ask me out to dinner just say so
What about the Mcgriddles?
Old 12-29-2007, 04:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

It's funny you say you wanna carry them.....I wanna carry your DB12R...in my pit-box HA!even

But you are right, I did a very brief run last night and was blown away with the functionality of the GT, especially the ease of making changes to it

Originally Posted by protc3
I just got finished last night mounting it in the car. I am very impressed with it. I really like all of the features of the system and the way the switch and wires are all connected and split toward the plug. Makes for very clean wiring job. I will be running it at minnreg with the 10.5. I am very pleased with it. I need to get with you guys on carrying this product. I am very impressed with it.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by abailey21
It's funny you say you wanna carry them.....I wanna carry your DB12R...in my pit-box HA!even

But you are right, I did a very brief run last night and was blown away with the functionality of the GT, especially the ease of making changes to it
Cool deal bro. we will get it worked out
Old 12-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Lord

T shirts just got here and all i can say is WOW!!! They look really awesome.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

no pictures ?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

T shirts just got here and all i can say is WOW!!! They look really awesome.
We want pics!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Lord

i will get some up in a little bit
Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kropy
I just want to see if you can live up to that "Living Legend" myth that I've been hearing about....LOL

hmmmmmmmmm Dinner sounds nice, It's a shame you'll be in Maui
ill be thinking of you sweetie
Old 12-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

What about the Mcgriddles?
oh please no!! thanks for that thought
Old 12-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Lord

Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hello

I have been reading more or less this entire thread (phew) Im very interested in the db12r and have a couple of questions.

I am pretty new to RC cars,(32 years old and need a new hobby
I used to drive a V one-S a little bit some years ago but know nothing about electrics and the only thing I know about setup I learned from this and the ta05 thread

1. I see you dont use plugs on the batterys is there a reason for this?
Will i be ok to use deans? I never soldered before, will I be able to get the electrics together on my own?, I was thinking about a Novak 13.5 motor is there instructions on wich wire goes where?
2. Will a TC like the ta05 be a better choice since I know pretty much nothing
3. What is cheaper to own/more fun, TC or 1:12?
4. Do i need my own machine to true the tires?
5. What ridehight spacer do I need when useing stock Jaco tires?
6.What spares /tuning options would you recomed I get at the same time since I live in Norway and new items will take some time shipping.
7. Was thinking 3pm fasst radio, good choice?
8. I dont really understand rollout, I will be running a pretty large large outdoor track (think track record for nitro TC is about 13 seconds)
What pinion would be ok whith the stock spur on the novak 13.5?
9.Will also be running a smaller indoor track what pinion for this?
10. what tires do in need in general for these tracks? Think traction is fair on both tracks.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

sorry for the not so good spelling.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Hazey
I have been reading more or less this entire thread (phew) Im very interested in the db12r and have a couple of questions.

I am pretty new to RC cars,(32 years old and need a new hobby
I used to drive a V one-S a little bit some years ago but know nothing about electrics and the only thing I know about setup I learned from this and the ta05 thread

1. I see you dont use plugs on the batterys is there a reason for this?
Will i be ok to use deans? I never soldered before, will I be able to get the electrics together on my own?, I was thinking about a Novak 13.5 motor is there instructions on wich wire goes where?
2. Will a TC like the ta05 be a better choice since I know pretty much nothing
3. What is cheaper to own/more fun, TC or 1:12?
4. Do i need my own machine to true the tires?
5. What ridehight spacer do I need when useing stock Jaco tires?
6.What spares /tuning options would you recomed I get at the same time since I live in Norway and new items will take some time shipping.
7. Was thinking 3pm fasst radio, good choice?
8. I dont really understand rollout, I will be running a pretty large large outdoor track (think track record for nitro TC is about 13 seconds)
What pinion would be ok whith the stock spur on the novak 13.5?
9.Will also be running a smaller indoor track what pinion for this?
10. what tires do in need in general for these tracks? Think traction is fair on both tracks.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

sorry for the not so good spelling.

Hey buddy,

Welcome to the hobby. To be completely honest, A car like the TA05 would be a good choice to start out in general but if 1/12th is the class you really want to run, we can all help get you familiar with the cars and the adjustments on them.

We dont use plugs on the batteries due to the small amount of voltage loss from a connector. Is this a must? No but us hardcore racers like to believe it. Another reason is lack of room under the body shell. Space is limited and this helps keep it clean and neat. Its not really a big deal once you get used to it. You find it becoming regular practice after a short time period.

TC is more expensive to keep up on from my experience. 1/12th cars run foam tires and they last about as long as a set of rubber tires. 1/12th foams are much cheaper to replace. Tires are the biggest never ending expense that effects us all.

You dont "need" to cut tires down if you dont want to. This is another tuning option that controls traction and the cars handling. It is good practice but not a must.

All of the ride height spacers you will need come with the car. With larger front tires you will need to add some washers under the front arms but that is about it.

Good spares to have would be flex plates,center pivot,flex plate pivots,and maybe some tires.

The Futaba FAAST Radio is an excelent radio for the price.

I would try about a 41 or 42 tooth pinion with a 13.5 and stock spur. This would be for full size Jaco tires.

2x pink front and rear for asphalt would work well and purple front and yellow rear for carpet works well.

Let me know if you need any more information buddy
Old 12-29-2007, 08:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Jason your candor makes me giggle
Old 12-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey buddy,

Welcome to the hobby. To be completely honest, A car like the TA05 would be a good choice to start out in general but if 1/12th is the class you really want to run, we can all help get you familiar with the cars and the adjustments on them.

We dont use plugs on the batteries due to the small amount of voltage loss from a connector. Is this a must? No but us hardcore racers like to believe it. Another reason is lack of room under the body shell. Space is limited and this helps keep it clean and neat. Its not really a big deal once you get used to it. You find it becoming regular practice after a short time period.

TC is more expensive to keep up on from my experience. 1/12th cars run foam tires and they last about as long as a set of rubber tires. 1/12th foams are much cheaper to replace. Tires are the biggest never ending expense that effects us all.

You dont "need" to cut tires down if you dont want to. This is another tuning option that controls traction and the cars handling. It is good practice but not a must.

All of the ride height spacers you will need come with the car. With larger front tires you will need to add some washers under the front arms but that is about it.

Good spares to have would be flex plates,center pivot,flex plate pivots,and maybe some tires.

The Futaba FAAST Radio is an excelent radio for the price.

I would try about a 41 or 42 tooth pinion with a 13.5 and stock spur. This would be for full size Jaco tires.

2x pink front and rear for asphalt would work well and purple front and yellow rear for carpet works well.

Let me know if you need any more information buddy
I was thinking the spacers such as part #DB5315 do i need to get 3,5mm ridehight on stock tires?

Also what esc would you recommend? easy to set up would be nice and what servosaver would you recommend for the s9602?

And do i need rxbattery or could i just run everything from the main battery?

Bec are just three letters to me , is this a nessesary thing?

Sorry for all the ultra basic questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.