BMI's DB12R

Old 09-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is your car together yet????
Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

well, I took all of the parts out of the bags & dumped em' into the box & gave it a good shake opened the lid & there it was, I guess you can say that everything just fell together.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

Man,i gotta have you build kits for me. With that speed we can do RTR kits dirt cheap
Old 09-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Will these cars be available through dealers? And if so, will the selling price still be in the $250 range?

Regards,
Steve
Here are a couple good clear pics of the car. It now comes with a stronger fiberglass battery locator plate.
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-db12r.jpg   BMI's DB12R-db12r-tubes.jpg  
Old 09-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChestyV32
I cant wait only 4 more days till I leave, I have a couple more sets of tires to cut tommorrow at the shop then I should be done.
Hey jason how different are your servo braces compared to the CRC ones?

So that makes how many DB12Rs at the IIC?
Here are some pics of the new BMI Carbon servo brace.
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-img_1706.jpg  

Last edited by AdrianM; 09-22-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey Jason, Can you add the servo brace and the new batter locator to my order, PM me what I owe you for each or just post on here and Ill paypal you before my order goes out.

But these questions are for Adrian. I don't know much about 12ths.. lol

1. What do the differnt Arm mounts achieve?

2. The front a-arm caster adjustments, what caster degree is the front, middle, and rear? I think its 2,4,6?

3. How does adding a 1mm washer under the front shock ball stud affect the car? I notice the Base Setup says 1mm, what woudl it do if you had none, or like 2mm

4. What is the proper way to put the damper fluid in? i was thinking lubing up the white shaft, then fill the black tube about 1/4 to 1/2 full, then let the rest oozee out the back or threw the little hole? How often should it be cleaned/re-lubed?

Last one.. 5. Rear body mounts? Front or Back? any performance advantage fromt front to rear? or just depends on the body? I will be running Parma Speed 9 for stock and 19turn.

Ben!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

LOL @ Kropy...

I've always thought that BMI does great work..and I've been following the BMI 1/12 cars since they originally launched....

I actually was working on getting ahold of one of them until I decided to instead walk away from 1/12...

Now I'm getting back into 1/12...and I still can't help but respect Jason's ideas and craftsmanship...

I'm looking forward to seeing one of these up close and in person
Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
If you can make it let me know. I will get you some of the servo saver braces to bring with you.
I will let you know monday what time do you open on monday cause it will be early since I have to work monday afternoon
Old 09-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Hey Jason, Can you add the servo brace and the new batter locator to my order, PM me what I owe you for each or just post on here and Ill paypal you before my order goes out.

But these questions are for Adrian. I don't know much about 12ths.. lol

2. The front a-arm caster adjustments, what caster degree is the front, middle, and rear? I think its 2,4,6?

3. How does adding a 1mm washer under the front shock ball stud affect the car? I notice the Base Setup says 1mm, what woudl it do if you had none, or like 2mm

4. What is the proper way to put the damper fluid in? i was thinking lubing up the white shaft, then fill the black tube about 1/4 to 1/2 full, then let the rest oozee out the back or threw the little hole? How often should it be cleaned/re-lubed?

Last one.. 5. Rear body mounts? Front or Back? any performance advantage fromt front to rear? or just depends on the body? I will be running Parma Speed 9 for stock and 19turn.

Ben!
Hey ben,

The brace is $2.99.

here are some answers for your questions buddy.

1: the different arm mounts give you 0,5,or 10 degrees of reactive castor. Reactive castor gradually removes castor angle as the suspension compresses. The more angle of the block,the more castor reduction you get. Reducing the castor angle will give more initial steering. What this does is reduce your castor angle under deceleration when you turn the wheels. with the drag created from corner entry,your suspension compresses and reduces your castor angle and aids in off power steering. Then once you begin to accelerate,it will return your static castor angle and increase your on power steering. We usually just stick with the 10 degree mounts.

2:You answered that

3:Adding shims or leveling the shock will give the effect of a slightly softer spring. It increases leverage and allows the car to roll more which will increase on power steering.

4:I just coat the piston or male side with oil,then i hold it with the entry side facing up. Now i will slide the female side over the male and spin the male side while slowly inserting the piston.You want to continue until the piston bottoms out. The ballcup on the male side end does go inside the body. Sometimes the hole in the ball cup is eccentric so you may need to trim the points off of the hex of the ballcup to eliminate any interference in the slip fit.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ChrisP
LOL @ Kropy...

I've always thought that BMI does great work..and I've been following the BMI 1/12 cars since they originally launched....

I actually was working on getting ahold of one of them until I decided to instead walk away from 1/12...

Now I'm getting back into 1/12...and I still can't help but respect Jason's ideas and craftsmanship...

I'm looking forward to seeing one of these up close and in person

Thanks buddy. Let me know if you have any questions. I think you will really like this car. It really is hassle free.
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ChestyV32
I will let you know monday what time do you open on monday cause it will be early since I have to work monday afternoon
I get into the shop at 7:30 in the morning
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

J ~ You got mail

Randy Caster ~ Is this what you had in mind?
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-bmi.jpg  
Old 09-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
...these questions are for Adrian. I don't know much about 12ths.. lol

The 10 deg mounts are the best ones. They give the best balance of steering and tire wear. The 5deg makes you car push the 0 deg are for oval racing only. When I open a package of arm mounts I take the 10 deg ones and throw the others away.

You are correct. Its 2,4,6 deg.

As you raise the front of the shock you will gain steering mid corner and exiting. We have been doing this for 2 years.

4. What is the proper way to put the damper fluid in?

I put one drop of oil in the tube and a couple drops on the shaft. I spread the oil around on the shaft and put it in the damper tube until it bottoms out. Wipe off the oil that shoots out the bleed hole then pull the shaft out untill the base of the ball cup is out of the tube and wipe off the ball cup. Cycle the damper a few times and then snap it onto the car.

How often should it be cleaned/re-lubed?

When the damper gets dirty and gritty or when you feel the damping is going away. I check them before every race day and do it if they need it. You get a feel for this after a while.

You get more rear grip in the rear position. If you want to free the car up move the posts forward.

Last edited by AdrianM; 09-21-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

For arm mounts he means castor block goober.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

No, he answered them right.

Hey, for motor mount screws, I want to use Xray Countersunk 8mm screws, where can I get them countersunk washer things I've seen? I dont want to use a regular socket/button head screw and scratch up that nice Ano/motor mount! I remember seeing 12th scale motor mounts where people use the wrong type of screws and end up making dents in the motor mount, makes it hard to get the presice mesh cause teh screw always wants to shift into the dent. if ya knwo what i mean

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.