Wiki Posts
Search

ep4200 vs. intellect ib 4200wc

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Danny, Do you use .02 for 1/12 scale stock?
Yes .02 in 12th scale is what are drivers use.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
I had it wrong all this time I have been to Cleveland a few times and would race two sometime three class and would buy four pack for each class all that waste of money, I though that the packs need at least 24 hrs rest before they are good to race again, now I know different I will only buy two packs from now on.

The more you run a pack on the same track the faster it will get. I've showed up at Cleveland and gave out only one pack per driver. We now give a second pack in case something would happen to one of the packs.

At those big races where you race every 6-8 hours that is fine and in fact at club races if your pack cools down for one hour and half to 2 hours it can be used again and will perform as well.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Danny, that is fine for your purpose of testing inside a building that is possibly air conditioned. However, I use 0 peak since I am out in the heat and the temp probe on the Ice chargers are off by at most 10 degrees from my Raytek temp gun. If I treat my batteries the same then I know how to gauge them for my use. Everybody has their own way of gauging how long their batteries last by their own methods for their particular use. Since my use is in a 12th scale in the south Texas heat, that is how I go about telling if a battery is worthy of continuing to buying. Not only that, they sit in the back of my truck in my Ofna travel bag in a Racers Edge Battery case under a toneau cover another 2 hours or so till i get home. So, if a battery can withstand that type of treatment and still provide me the power I need after 6 or seven months then they are worth buying again if i can still get them. And that was money well spent on good batteries. Fyi, the back of my truck gets to about 120 degrees at times.

I'm glad that your packs have held up but my point is that cells from different manufacturers react differently. In your case if you use temp charging which seems to be what your saying then the IB cells should of been charged at 15-20 degress less to get them in the same state of charge as your IP cells. So basically your method is charging the IB cells more than the IP cells.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't temp charge as a main method of peaking batteries. I understand what you are saying that different manufacture batteries require different methods. However, I was just trying to say that if the EP batteries last as long as IPs in the same manner I use them than the IBs then it would be my preference to go with EPs.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
So that amounts to 8 packs maximum per season which is not that bad.
Danny its good that IB is finally starting to get their act together regarding cell durability. I hope to see the IB cell continue to improve over the months to come. As we all know IBs exhibit excellent performance and only lack in the durability department...

However, I think your estimation of 8 packs per season is a little outrageous. Personally I think that if every racer were to buy that many packs per season, battery matching would be a dream job -- that's just not realistic in my opinion. I also don't think average racers want to spend $500-600 a season on cells. I could be wrong but I don't think so...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
When someone gets one of our packs with a new cell that is shorted we simply replace it. I believe that the newest lots will have less issues so hopefully we don't have to worry about replacing cells as much.
How do we test for a shorted cell in a pack of six (or four) ?
Do we send the whole pack back or just the bad one ?
Thanks.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Releasing the highest performance cell with pathetic life was a brilliant move.

*raises his glass to IB
Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Where can I buy EP4200M3
Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

hurricane