Search

Hyper ST thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:17 AM
A.C
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khoo
I saw someone who drives the RTR at my local track but had some changes to the car.

Servos
Engine
Diff oils

The handling of the truggy was good. turnings were sharp. and it FLIES.....

yup he is joining the race this sunday...
he is good. this coming race got alot of pros...
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 AM
A.C
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sir miles
Wow! Congrats! me, I will just convert my RTr into Pro gradually.
hi bro i got a Hyper ST RTR too. put in the RB C6 BB 7T and this baby run like a cheetah... surprisingly it really turn better than some other truggy that i own. considering it is a RTR.

What hop-up do we need to turn it into a PRO KIT?

love the tyres. i think it is between half offset and standard offset..

i will tuning it for my next race in SEPT. hopefully i can come in 4th too... show those rich kid that RTR really can ROLL....
Old 08-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i dont know how the single rear body mount will go as i think it will tear compared with the rtr double mount, a bit like the hyper 8 mount it is in a funny spot but a small peice of alloy will fix this i think.the main hope ups are front hubs and diff supports i feel. i will tell you once i get to run it as we are getting flooded at the moment and racing has been cancelled for the weekend.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A.C
yup he is joining the race this sunday...
he is good. this coming race got alot of pros...
I personally know him. Was with him last weekend to see the ST get dirt for the first time
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hyper st

hi all just got a st sport sounds like they fly though i havent had it out yet ,its second hand from what i was told its been set up by cml dis but what no idea lads . at the club where i race there are only 4 of them so far at nrcc and prcc in preston, i,m form manchester.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

out of the box they are a good truggy and the only thing is to fit thicker oil to the centre diff for more drive... it is a good truck with tough parts but the engine is the only weak link. so bite the bullet and get a good engine and you will at the pointy end straight away.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

yeah the pro is the way to go if you can get 1 and as killer says thicker centre oil a friend of mine is the New Zealand importer and he went to 15000 or 20000 to stop those fronts ballooning on power and it still turns in like you wouldn't believe
Old 09-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

i cant wait till sunday as it race day and there will be alot of proes out ( um that sounds bad but it is all good as they do the deal) and we are all setting up still waiting for our round of local cup meets. this is the first car i have built and it was fun apart from the kids taking bits. it looks strong in all the areas where weaker parts were, not that i broke any apart from my knunkles. lets hit the big air and see how it flies
Old 09-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

kids taking bits I know that feeling my 2 1/2 year old "helps" me when ever I'm working on my buggy and truggy our race day over here on sunday to expecting about 40-50 buggies and 35-35 truggies as our club is holding the New Zealand nats this year.
I'm sure we'll see at least 10-15 aussies over here for that in december
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

here you go guys a look-a like paint job for here at Ofna, I forgot to put my R2 decal on it, just changed it a lil bit.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

i am in oz and we got different tyres to those. the tyres that came with dont grip up at our clay track very well and most of us use the rtr tyres like you have.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi. i need help with tuning the Mac Star .28 engine.
can some one tell the the base staring point for all the needles or a good starting point? i sort of have adjusted them.
the engine dies when i accelerate. not at top speed but dies when i put on the trottle a bit fast. it dosent die when i do it slowly tho. does that mean its too lean/rich for the low speed or the high speed or the idle?? it also dies when there is presure on the wheels like climbing from a slow run.

i have broken it in for 3 tanks , and ran at mid speed for about 4 tanks.
pls help.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How much difference is there between the RTR and the Pro? I see the Pro has aluminum shock towers. I think it's cool that Ofna sells this as a full kit. a friend of mine is leaning towards this truck more and more each day. lol. This week he says he is going to get the ST pro. We'll see what next week brings. LOL.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Genius
I kinda like the body. it has a lower profile and roll bars.

mainly the difference is it has aluminum shock towers, aluminum arm stays, I think the braces are different too and some parts are now carbon fiber
Nevermind, genius got it covered already.

new question, what is the size of the fuel tank? Ads say 125cc but the mags say 150cc.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

i just got my new nova last week and the first race i was very impressed with the power from the 21 with a jp3 pipe i need to lean it up a bit still but with a 15 tooth on it itpulls very hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.