Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daul Exhaust Good Or Bad...But Loud as Hell

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Daul Exhaust Good Or Bad...But Loud as Hell

Hey guys look what I just made, what do ya think????

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Daul Exhaust Good Or Bad...But Loud as Hell-dcp_1888.jpg.jpg  
Old 04-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

pic 2
Attached Thumbnails Daul Exhaust Good Or Bad...But Loud as Hell-dcp_1895.jpg.jpg  
Old 04-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

fiream what's the performance like with the twin exhausts any better or does it just look better.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

seems like that would definitely have an affect on performance...and being its way long, I don't know how it would be positive, lol
Old 04-28-2003, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

dill, not necesarrily

as long as the back pressure remains the same, it will work fine

the only thing it will do is make the power lower down the power band since it is bigger

but more then likely,
Fiream hasnt thought of back pressure so the pipe is probably not creating much back pressure at all.so basically making crap performance.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

mate u sure u made that, ive got a pic of a car with the exact same system but with different tips
Attached Thumbnails Daul Exhaust Good Or Bad...But Loud as Hell-rs4-005.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Yep I made it myself, I saw the one on ebay like you have and decided that i was not going to spend $45 plus shipping to get one. So i went to the hardware store and got some copper pipe and made it myself. It only cost me $20...... As performance goes, I lost alttle Toqure do to lower back pressure, But I will be installing a baffle inside the main chamber then it should be fine. I'll have to see though i havent tried racing it yet with that new system.....

Rob
Old 04-29-2003, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

U see
the one on ebay would not loose much performance, since when it exits the engine, it enters a proper exhaust system, then it istaken from the stinger (diff point on that pipe then normal) and pipe it into another pipe that is bigger then the stinger, so it is louder, but is also still very performancy,
Old 04-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Tuned pipes for 2 stroke motors is a science. It is not somthing that can be buchered up without having any concequences. In your case the motor probably will live a much shorter life. The guy on e-bay is just making money on peoples ignorance. If what he is doing was in anyway a performance inhancement you would see it at every track across the US and all over the world. But you dont, you see it on t-maxxes and HPI's. If you want HP get a real tuned exhaust system and take the time to set it up for your car, and if you that much into looks just leave the exhaust outlets on there for show. There is no difference between an expansion chamber and your e-bay knock off. I'm not trying to be harsh on you but you asked so I will tell.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Tech Addict

Fiream i dont believe wants a HP boost, he is going for looks and sound.
If he wanted real HP, he'd go get a excellent motor and a good tuned pipe and set it up properly, but he likes just mucking around with it.

And it wont actually shorten the engines life since alls its doing is actually decreasing power, which in turn will help the motor live longer since it is picking up speed as quick, and doesnt have as much RPM to try and slow when he gets on the brakes, remember, the more power you TAKE AWAY from the engine, the longer it will live due to wear.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

oh i hate to help someone whose makng an ugly rice rocket dual exhaust. but here goes why not bya header will point towards the back of the car. then buy a CVEC pipe and use brass tubing over the dual tips on that pipe and route it how you please

though considering it looks like a ricy exhaust, that low preformance system might be more scale
Old 05-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

I didn't really make the exhaust to run it, in races.... I made it for 1 the challengeand 2 for people around here to see one cause no one has ever seen one.... But performance wise, I didn't really loose anything, and the motor ran cooler for some reason. I ran it for about 5-10mins and it was only at 120* f...
Old 05-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

U probably added more backpressure through out the whole rev range and are pushing your usually wasted fuel back in to the engine.

What temp did it used to run at?

and does it seem to bog off the mark at all?
Old 05-04-2003, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

i would richen the motor just to see the extra exhaust come out like it was a rocket shipor something...

cool, but it would get old for me after a while, and I'd switch to a regular pipe.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Default V-one S

Dude in one post your saying the back pressure is to low and now after that your saying its higher

When technically wouldnt less back pressure let the engine breathe better thus allowing for it to stay cooler?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.