Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters. >

Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Some other threads have brought up the issues with sand bagging in our hobby. I've got another bone to pick: old people who can still drive dominating the masters class.

Should a 40+ year old be allowed to race masters if he continually dominates the field, has 2-5 lap advantage every race, and when he's at home racing against younger "kids" he's always winning? Or should they be pushed out until they start to suck a little?

If you were a 50 year old dude with some skill would you be real happy to find Barry Baker in your heat? Many of the Masters racing some of the ROAR events are full sponsored drivers who can still compete rather well in the open field....shouldn't they be forced to stay there?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Awesome!!! Simply Awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas
Some other threads have brought up the issues with sand bagging in our hobby. I've got another bone to pick: old people who can still drive dominating the masters class.

Should a 40+ year old be allowed to race masters if he continually dominates the field, has 2-5 lap advantage every race, and when he's at home racing against younger "kids" he's always winning? Or should they be pushed out until they start to suck a little?

If you were a 50 year old dude with some skill would you be real happy to find Barry Baker in your heat? Many of the Masters racing some of the ROAR events are full sponsored drivers who can still compete rather well in the open field....shouldn't they be forced to stay there?
just go ahead and say it "Tom Esposito"
Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's easier, when you keep them all together, to make sure they all get there medicine. Maybe Geritol could sponsor the Masters class.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mo
It's easier, when you keep them all together, to make sure they all get there medicine. Maybe Geritol could sponsor the Masters class.
its easier for the paramedics to watch them
Old 07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
just go ahead and say it "Tom Esposito"
The most dominant Masters driver is by far Eli Ezrow. I am not sure how I feel about this one. I race with Eli every week and he is a TOP LEVEL racer. He does race masters when it is available, but when it is not he races in the regular classes. It is not his fault he has mad skills and is over 45 yrs old.

This is kind of a stupid thread. The real issue is stock guys dominating that are too scared to move on................. There needs to be rules.

Win an A main stock ROAR event you are out. Podium finish two or three times in stock you are out. Until you podium a few times or win you continue to race stock. Once you do meet the criteria you move on to 19 turn or modified.

I still think there needs to be open modified and factory modified. This would attract more racers into running modified at these large events. Keep the factory guys out of 19 turn. Have rubber and foam modifed for the factory guys if they need to run two classes.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RBLove
The most dominant Masters driver is by far Eli Ezrow. I am not sure how I feel about this one. I race with Eli every week and he is a TOP LEVEL racer. He does race masters when it is available, but when it is not he races in the regular classes. It is not his fault he has mad skills and is over 45 yrs old.

This is kind of a stupid thread. The real issue is stock guys dominating that are too scared to move on................. There needs to be rules.

Win an A main stock ROAR event you are out. Podium finish two or three times in stock you are out. Until you podium a few times or win you continue to race stock. Once you do meet the criteria you move on to 19 turn or modified.

I still think there needs to be open modified and factory modified. This would attract more racers into running modified at these large events. Keep the factory guys out of 19 turn. Have rubber and foam modifed for the factory guys if they need to run two classes.
my bad forgot about him
Old 07-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LOL - the things we find to create threads about - LOL
Old 07-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
LOL - the things we find to create threads about - LOL
No doubt. This is one of the more stupid threads I have seen. Don't get me wrong though as there are a handful of them out here.

People need to stop bitching and worrying about what everyone else is doing and just have some fun racing.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What's happening to the youth of America?
Is it no longer PC to have a sense of humor?

It's a joke carried over from the Nats thread!

But Desolas is right, those cherry pickers should be forced to run mod,
After all, how many times should you be alowed to win the Masters Stock Nats.
I got that idea from reading all those other threads about pros in stock.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'm pretty sure the big smiley in the title would indicate they are just having fun with the thread..
Old 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stop picking on Eli!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lets not haze on Eli!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Legend

After care full thought.....

NOPE !
Let um race !!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
After care full thought..... !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.