Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ESC forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

juantrinidad, i heard ppl said that there is no difference on performance if u put extra cap on the 7.1, the guy who told me this has used his 7.1 for yrs, on diff chassis.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ultimate Hobbies also carries the Keyence Zero V Extreme for like $179.99. They may also carry the other models as well, you will have to give them a call to find out. Ultimate doesn't have a listing on their site for the Keyence speedo but it is listed in their manufacturers listing on the first page. I saw it advertised in RC Car Action. Expensive but still cheaper than what I paid about a year ago!
Old 12-13-2001, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEW ESC in the USA!

I've been following this thread for a couple of months.

Here's an early anouncement:

My company will be introducing a new high performance rc racing speed controller in (30 to 45) days. I will update you as to it's street price and specs as soon as everything is worked out. For now here's a picture of it.
Attached Thumbnails ESC forum-mrt_vxpro.jpg  
Old 12-13-2001, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

hmmm......What is the name of your company? What else do produce for R/C? Is this your first ESC? Give us a little history.
I'm curious.

Wailin, I saw the ad for Ultimate. So far that is the lowest I've seen. Gonna have to go with that so I an get some set-up time with it before the Snowbird. Thanks.

Last edited by Stika525; 12-13-2001 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-14-2001, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Alvin

Looking forward to hearing from you. Got drivers in singapore using that ESC for very good results. But don't take my word i'm still green behind the gills
the GMv12 WE isn't made anymore and certainly isn't in the UK tp buy!! So thank you very much to my model shop (you know who you are) for accepting my order and sending the more expensive XC without asking. grumble over......

I tried it yesterday and it's mental!! the power is fantastic as with the adjustability. The run times are longer than the Mtroniks Sprint and even longer if u chose a low torque setting.

It makes such a difference, it's quite amazing! buy it!!
Old 12-14-2001, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

TCRboy.... XC where did you find it???

Failing that I am waiting for the MRT VX pro.... it is 100% water proof (unlike my LRP F1 Pro which wnet bang last week!) and very programmable... and no pots to turn....

For anyone in UK, check out Keence in Apexmodels... they got a few left at disocunt.... anyone know what they are like???
Old 12-14-2001, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Earlier on this thread they were saying the Keyence had amazingly low voltage drop - so should be very efficient.

Someone had one at my old club - pretty small, said "hello" on the LCD screen when you turned it on, and displayed the units temperature while it was running!
Old 12-17-2001, 02:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by sonneteer
TCRboy.... XC where did you find it???

Failing that I am waiting for the MRT VX pro.... it is 100% water proof (unlike my LRP F1 Pro which wnet bang last week!) and very programmable... and no pots to turn....

For anyone in UK, check out Keence in Apexmodels... they got a few left at disocunt.... anyone know what they are like???
apexmodels - but i wanted the WE. BTW i improved from my normal qualifying position of around 6th to 2nd overall - and the only change i made was switching to the GM!!
Old 12-18-2001, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I've got a Zero X-treme on the way. Anyone have any tips on programing it?
Old 12-19-2001, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

TCRBOY...
at least you can qualified!!!
Old 12-19-2001, 06:39 AM
Regional Moderator

anyone used futaba 3PJ for the cyclone tc? does it work for the "worlds" profile?

i have to switch it to the stock or high traction to get the esc to work!
Old 12-19-2001, 09:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Stika525
Well, I've got a Zero X-treme on the way. Anyone have any tips on programing it?

this is a very good esc. the adjustability is tremedendous. it even comes w/ pre-programmed profiles. in regards to how to program it, it is very simple and the instructions are very clear in explaining this. first, you need to determine which kind of driver are you - choppy, torque or smooth. there is an adjustment for frequency (not in the transmitter/receiver sense), the lower the value, the more on/off feel you get. the higher the value, the smoother it feels under acceleration. i have mine set @ about 7.1 (i think baseline is 4.5/the higher the value, the greater the chance to overload the esc. i believe keyence recommends staying below 9.0). there is also a drag brake feature (which i don't use), current limiter (not necessary for stock), drive power & brake power (used for fine tuning throttle and brake response). i'm sure there is something else i'm leaving out, but i just can't think about it.

stika525, feel free to leave me any questions that i can try to help you out with.
Old 12-19-2001, 06:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Disaster999
anyone used futaba 3PJ for the cyclone tc? does it work for the "worlds" profile?

i have to switch it to the stock or high traction to get the esc to work!
Hey, I use the 3pjs with my Cyclone TC2, and everything works fine. I notice that I have to reprogram the throttle and brake after i switch to a new profile.
or vice versa, i can't remeber. lol
Old 12-19-2001, 07:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Jack_L

Hey, I use the 3pjs with my Cyclone TC2, and everything works fine. I notice that I have to reprogram the throttle and brake after i switch to a new profile.
or vice versa, i can't remeber. lol
humm...icic...ya...i think theres something weird about the 3pj and cyclone tc combination!

sigh..dont have pit wizard!
Old 12-19-2001, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

how is USD 174 for a keyence v zero extreme ... am i gettin a good deal???
the hobby shop said it retails at USD 290 ...... is it true???
i m stuck between the GM v12 XC and the keyence
GM is at 145 USD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.