Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ESC forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

nothing wrong with X-ray... its too nice.. and $.. i have so many stuff that i want to get... and its hard to get parts for the xray.. so its out of the question...
i know... i dont want to take that risk.... but i do want to run with you guys... maybe i can borrow one from Mars.... hehe
Old 11-10-2001, 08:13 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by antoniop
A very interesting alternative if you live in Europe (12T limit) because the price is very good. I saw it selling for roughly 100 USD in an online hobby shop in Germany. I'm not sure what happens on the US market with Trinity

And it's so cute....
Antoniop- Do you have a link to the German online store.... USD100 is cheap! Thks.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Nows here's a good question. I noticed that you can buy silver loaded solder and copper loaded solder. Would the copper one be better for ESCs?
copper would be better and able to tolorate high temp.

in general, high silver loaded soldering wire is for audio mainly
Old 11-10-2001, 08:16 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ME-student
nothing wrong with X-ray... its too nice.. and $.. i have so many stuff that i want to get... and its hard to get parts for the xray.. so its out of the question...
i know... i dont want to take that risk.... but i do want to run with you guys... maybe i can borrow one from Mars.... hehe
Not too many problem with parts right now in HK. The thing is very durable so you won't need much anyway. You'll probably have more problems with getting bits for the OVA than Xray! Price of the Xray will probably be cheaper than the TB evo2 if you deduct the tools (which you can sell!)
Old 11-10-2001, 08:17 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

copper would be better and able to tolorate high temp.

in general, high silver loaded soldering wire is for audio mainly
Thats good because its also cheaper..... I'll buy some next time I'm in MK!
Old 11-10-2001, 08:31 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

dtm, what do you think i should buy?

V12 or quantum pro sport?

is the GM racing esc just V12 that you are using or like V12XC?
Old 11-10-2001, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

really.. i want to try a shaft car...hehe.. but dont want to get the TC3... the OVAT4 looks really nice.. kind of $.. but no one will have that car here.... besides me if i get it...
can you say that the Xray is the best car you've ever own?
Old 11-10-2001, 08:38 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TFR
dtm, what do you think i should buy?

V12 or quantum pro sport?

is the GM racing esc just V12 that you are using or like V12XC?
I've heard bad things about both...... but if you must then the GM V12 is better value for money. I just have the WC version, I was pretty disappointed in that so I certainly would not buy the XC. They are practically giving away the V12WC in HK- HK$650!!!
Old 11-10-2001, 08:43 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

really.. i want to try a shaft car...hehe.. but dont want to get the TC3... the OVAT4 looks really nice.. kind of $.. but no one will have that car here.... besides me if i get it...
can you say that the Xray is the best car you've ever own?
In that case you're choice is very limited!

The Xray would be the best European car I have, the SV10II would be the best Japanese car I have, the RC12L3 would be the best American car I have (sorry TC3!! ). As for the best of the best...... that depends on the mood I'm in!
Old 11-10-2001, 08:43 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So, did you have anything happen to your V12WC??

the only reason why i want to buy them is that they are small, better than my Cyclone...too big.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:50 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TFR
So, did you have anything happen to your V12WC??

the only reason why i want to buy them is that they are small, better than my Cyclone...too big.
I fried my V12 brakes when I put the batteries in the wrong way..... one of the problems with banana plugs!! Got it repair........... 9 months later!!!

However, the friends I run with have all burn out V12s. One went up in smoke (the case melted!!), One just died and one V12 became a V4 when about 8 of the FETs decided to desolder itself from the main board (apparently this is not an uncommon problem in hot countries!). All the failures occurred whilst running the cars!
Old 11-10-2001, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

i dont have any E car or A car... i only have J cars.... maybe i should get a xxx-s.. everybody switch to a Losi... i heard nothing but good things about them.... i wonder if it is really that good....
Old 11-10-2001, 08:52 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

However, the friend those V12 melted.... still uses the V12 (new one!)..........
Old 11-10-2001, 08:53 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

i dont have any E car or A car... i only have J cars.... maybe i should get a xxx-s.. everybody switch to a Losi... i heard nothing but good things about them.... i wonder if it is really that good....

I think we better get off this thread talking about cars before we get our wrist slapped!!!!
Old 11-10-2001, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

... i'll go back to HK form.... see you there..!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.