Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity goes EP!! Wh00t!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schmelme
So all the small battery companys will get EP's through the "exclusive distributor"? looks like expensive batterys this year
Just a FYI, Trinity has been an exclusive distributor before in years past with a different generation of cells and I don't remember any change of pricing really to the cells, for the better or worse. And no I don't race for Trinity, just been in the hobby for 20+ years

Steve
Old 06-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Absolutely Not !!!

Trinity is not the supplier for Team Hurricane, Kwik, and High Velocity these companies will still be getting there EP cells from the company they did before.

Team Hurricane just got done matching up a few cases too

Get 'em while there hot !

http://teamhurricane.net
Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double Quattro
Does this mean that Kwik and the other matchers will no longer be selling the East Power packs? I only have one EP4200 pack from Kwik and they are, by far, the best and most stable pack I own! I've been eagerly waiting for these to become available again!
No, It shouldn't affect them that way. It just means that EP will now sell to Trinity only, then Trinity will sell the batts to the OEM companies. Trinity also Dist. products as well, at least they used to. I once bought a Associated car from them. How weird was that.

Steve

Wallstreet has a point to, those other companies could have established agreements in place for them, i really don't know. New companies most likely will have to deal with Ernie for sure.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

if its exclusive to N/A, then how are these other companies getting the batteries? Are they mule packing them in from mexico or canadia? (intentional on the canadia :P) If they will not be getting them through Trinity when the next load comes in then its not exclusive. Otherwise something is still fishy here. Perhaps the lingo itself thats being used.

this, in addition to rising Nickel costs, are not making the future for sub-c looking bright. is EP dabbling in lithium based power as well?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
I guess I will be joining the bandwagon on the EPs since I am not able to get IPs anymore for racing. I just hope their worth the money since IBs to me seems to not hold up to the IPs I have. I will be looking forward to my first purchase of these EPs.
I'm with Carlos G. on this one. Since I don't run for Poleposition batteries anymore, whose IP cells were very, very durable. I made the switch to Trinity EP cells and set a new lap record at my home track the first weekend using them. The only cells that I have seen blow up were IBs.

Go Trinity EP
Old 06-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Theres another company that is also a supplier ... actually the first supplier for the EP cells and they continue to import and distribute the EP cells... to Team Hurricane, Kwik , and High Velocity

As cool a story as it could be
No mules from mexico were used to import the cells
Or harmed ( for the P.I.T.A. people )
Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
As cool a story as it could be
No mules from mexico were used to import the cells
Or harmed ( for the P.I.T.A. people )
LMAO!!

EA
Old 06-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

About 4 months ago there was gonna be a new batch from IB that was gonna be the " Hot Ticket " and not vent and self dishcarge to zero....... New batch released and didnt happen. Now they are saying it again with a new batch soon to be released.... Fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me !
Last batch of cells, 1000 cells only 2 failures. IB's are fixed in my opinion.

EP cells...hmm..we'll see. Hope they got better, because last time we ran them they sucked. They claim great numbers, but they just don't pan out on the track.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas

EP cells...hmm..we'll see. Hope they got better, because last time we ran them they sucked. They claim great numbers, but they just don't pan out on the track.

Didn't Hurricane and Kwik put 5 of them in the show at the RROC 19 turn? From the latest results I'd say EP is just doing just fine.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Is that 2 failures from SMC who matched them for you? Or from customers?

Since the WC cell came out the IB cell just sucks for failures and venting. All to common.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

question to be wondered.
Is how much is Trinity going to jack up the price now?
will it be In true Trinity tradition....higher $$$$
or
will they keep the prices intact?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Exclusive distribution…That’s funny! We have been getting these cells for months and we have not purchased one case from Trinity! I know for a fact there is another company that already owned “exclusive distribution” so I’m assuming we will see more about this in weeks to come.

As far as the batteries go the EP4200s have been very reliable and honestly we have seen less failures then IB. But the EPs have been lacking the numbers that we have seen from IB in the past. With that said we just received out latest batch of the new formulated IB4200s yesterday and we have not seen any failures and numbers are averaging 1.23+ on our first cycle. 6amp charge 35amp discharge blah…blah..blah..

Will they last is the biggest question?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Legend

Default I`m sorry Big "E"

Not gona buy um ...
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

At least 5 of the top 10 in 19 turn at the Reedy were ep's (4 - Kwik, 1 - Hurricane). Not say'in you're full of it, but our experiences are indicating otherwise.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

guys,

in testing the new EP's I have come to the conclusion that they are indeed "the real deal". Identical performace of the IB's but much more durable. It is amazing how balanced they stay and how well they charge!

In my opinion IB's will be a thing of the past very soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.