Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedSerpico
Hello guys!
Someone know if the centax clutch for nitro tc3 is compatible with v-one r?
Thanks.
No,the centax is too long and the diameter is small. In order to fit you would have to grind the slots on the chassis and find low CG mounts to get the flywheel to extend into the chassis for the bump start.

What I am saying is No it is not a drop-in. However, Yes its do-able with alot of modifications(i.e. Dremel time + low CG mounts)

Its better to save yourself the headache and spend to extra money for the Kyosho unit and just have fun.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you YR4Dude, and do you know where I can buy it online?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hey!

Originally Posted by edseb
Thanks, that helps. My car has a one-way, but I'd like the option to run dif or spool, does anyone know where I can get them or if the new ones work too? Also, any links to the pros set ups for this car, I know they are probably old?

no prob.. this is what i like about kyosho...parts everywhere! with regards to the spool.. u cannot use this at a tight twisty track... it's only for highspeed tracks with hispeed corners.. u can also install the rrr front/rear hubs in our
v1rr.. fits great and works well.. i'm still using the floating mount..
Old 07-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ianhobbies
no prob.. this is what i like about kyosho...parts everywhere! with regards to the spool.. u cannot use this at a tight twisty track... it's only for highspeed tracks with hispeed corners.. u can also install the rrr front/rear hubs in our
v1rr.. fits great and works well.. i'm still using the floating mount..
Actually Pare, my spool set up is killer on a tight track. For spool, you need to run a super loose rear (like 5,000 wt) and softer springs in front.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default spool

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Actually Pare, my spool set up is killer on a tight track. For spool, you need to run a super loose rear (like 5,000 wt) and softer springs in front.

ic.. u mean up front? haven't tried that eh.. only tried it at the rear.. i tried using a front spool at the front only at VRC hehe..
Old 10-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

I just bought myself a V-One-R roller from E-Bay HERE

Was this a good deal?

Anyway, I also bought a Ofna Picco .12 Roar Legal engine to go with it (1.39HP, Slide Valve, SG Crank) is this a suitable engine?

Also are there any hop ups which you would recomend to get straight away?

Thanks

Jon
Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rusty_Noob
Hey Guys,

I just bought myself a V-One-R roller from E-Bay HERE

Was this a good deal?

Anyway, I also bought a Ofna Picco .12 Roar Legal engine to go with it (1.39HP, Slide Valve, SG Crank) is this a suitable engine?

Also are there any hop ups which you would recomend to get straight away?

Thanks

Jon
can't go wrong getting a race ready kit for less than 100.00, never ran picco, not sure but I have read that they have carb problems. Something about faulty machine work and o rings. RB would of been a better choice. but thats just me.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would say get the car going and running before adding much to it. This car be upgraded all the way to RR Evo status so there is plenty of fun to be had. If your new to nitro it can be a bit fustrating at first but nitro rules......so remember everyone starts out a little slow.

JEFF
Old 10-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I run a fully tricked out Nitro Rustler ($2000 worth) and a stock T-Maxx so I know a bit about the nitro game. I didn't know much about what engine to stick in but found a 1.39hp Roar legal for under $90 Brand New in Box so I'm not expecting it to be the best engine ever.

What are the main differences between the V-One-R/RR/RRR?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Rusty_Noob: Thats a good deal for what you got. All I can say is to make sure that chassis is straight and flat. Sometimes they're bent. As for having some fun crashing and bashing, just stick to the basic upgrades and you'll be fine. If I were you, I would consider replacing the clutch for a new one, I'd check the clutchbell to see if it is straight and not bent and I would see if the flywheel is still decent enough to bite into my starter wheel. Just those things (less than $30) can make your life much better with this car. Regarding the Picco engine, its probably burnt out. They are fast motors but they burn out too easily. If you are willing to try, consider one of those sleeve pinchers on Ebay. You might have a very fast motor in your hands.

Upgrades from V One R - endless...........................

first on list would be alum. front blade sway bar $20
next would be alum. wheel clamps $20
next is alum. left side brace $15 -$25
nest is front and rear universals $20 - $30/ pair (thats if you don't have it already)

The graphite top plate is good for looks but nothing much else.

The floating rear body mount is good ONLY if you run a LOLA body which you will also have to change your front bumper and body mount ($15 for the plastic parts tree) Also, if you plan to run the LOLA body then get a metal roll bar handle $10 -$15

BIG UPGRADES-
Centax /3D clutch $50 -$75 (good tuning option to maximize use of HP)
Kawahara negative diff $50 - $90 (gives great traction just like an LSD)
Old 10-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for that, I will keep those in mind, I dont think the motors burnt out seeing as its brand new in box

Also can you recomend a good place to get my hop-ups from?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Wow!! That is a really gooooood deal! A used roller plus a new motor???? Wow!!!

Anyways like I said the Piccos are not known for their longevity but are very fast. Use it sparingly for race days only.

As for hop-ups endless sources................

Internet overseas:
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk
www.dinball.com
www.precisionrc.com

Internet domestic (U.S.)
www.rchub.com
www.integy.com

Those are the few off the top of my head to go to. The reason why I separated the domestic vs. overseas online suppliers is that there substantial shipping involved and some lead time vs. the domestic suppliers. Off course the prices are all over the place. Some may be a few bucks higher or lower than the others on the same part. Among hop-up brands 3-Racing has been preferred by others in the past for quality and value. Hope that helps.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Damnit looks like I got the wrong engine then, I paid $90 for the engine.

What would you recommend for everyday use then? (well once a week for a couple of hours)
Old 10-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

As for engine recommendations, there are a lot of opinions out there.

The V One R was originally designed with the O.S. .12 TR in mind. Now that it is no longer the current, you can find some good deals out there on this motor. I've seen it on Ebay for about $125 or even less.

Another motor for the budget minded is one from HPI. The HPI model is the Nitro Star 12R SC (slide carb) Its available at Buy HPI for $115. I've also heard that you can find it on Ebay for as low as $75.

Others may tell you to go for an RB, Mugen, or Novarossi. Those are great motors but only if you are interested in coughing out upwards of $175 on up even almost $300

BTW, stay away from turbos, they're great for competition but the plugs are extremely costly $10 - $12 each as opposed to standard plugs like a McCoy $3 - $5 each. The OS uses ONLY OS plugs like the OS #8 which is about a buck more than Mc Coys.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Initiate

I always use McCoy 59 plug, I will stick with this picco cause I got it for such a good price.

My friend has a TC3 which is fully decked out in aluminium so it weighs more than stock being powered by a Trinity Sirio Evo (1.6 claimed hp) will the picco in a V-One-R be good competition?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.