Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Number9
Thanks for the good info, mauler & ah10. I just picked up a negative diff from Castle Hobbies. They've got a couple more in stock for both the V1-R and the MTX-2. Speedtech will have them next week as well. Don't know if either of them ship internationally though...
Hello #9....how much did that diff cost??
Old 12-29-2001, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

$90 for the V1-R and $100 for the MTX-2 +- .01. Castle has them in stock now, Speedtech is usually a bit cheaper but won't have 'em till next week...

--twc
Old 12-29-2001, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

$90 for the V1-R and $100 for the MTX-2 +- .01. Castle has them in stock now, Speedtech is usually a bit cheaper but won't have 'em till next week...

--twc
Contact James! I think he has it in stock and he might be cheaper! I know he is selling Kawahara Neg Diff for MTX-2 at $89.00

Click here
Old 12-29-2001, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Ah10.....what store is James from??
Old 12-29-2001, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ty
I live in the US and have access to the V One R. What modifications and upgrades do you guys recommend to compete on a high level? Also, if I can purchase the RR from Control Centre in Hong Kong, would that be better than buying the R and upgrading? Thanks.
better get the RR but I find there is not much difference except the low friction belt and front "handshake" sway bar ! the rear and front body mounts are gimmic. But if the RR has already included those things, why not?
Old 12-29-2001, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adelmundo
Manticore - Can you give me a price quote for the V-ONE R conversion kit to the RR? Does the conversion kit come with the centax? Also what is the price of the Centax clutch by itself? I am planning to convert one V-ONE R to the RR, but leave the other car as my regular gear diff rubber car version but I do want to add the Centax on it.

Also if anyone is running an RR (either bought as a kit or converted to the RR), are you guys running it with solid rears, gear diffs, front one ways, or what?
the price for the conversion kit is a bit less then US$40. and with this price it does not include the centax.
Old 12-29-2001, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I don't think there is a conversion kit I think the Master has purchased the parts seperatly to make the conversion
And if I remember he is useing a mugen centax, nobady knows what the Kyosho part # is yet
you are right, actually the shop bundles the conversion kit with spare parts and sells them as conversion kit.

Yes i am using a mugen centax !!
Old 12-29-2001, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Now that both the Kyosho LSD and the Kawahara negative diff parts are generally available, what are the circumstance, if any, when the former would be preferrable to the latter?
in fact the negative has very closed gear mesh and that will also serve as LSD and under all circumstance I prefer negative over LSD !
Old 12-29-2001, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ah10

Yeah I heard a few ppl has problem with Kyosho LSD including our Master of RC Mr. MantiHardcore.

I have the Kawahara Negative Diff on my Mugen and I just absolutly love it! First of all, mantiance is very low almost next to nothing, if you do it right the first time! Thanks to Manticore's help on setting it up, expecially the choice of washer at the end of the small bevel gear shaft). As of today I probably had about 20~25 tanks of fuel on the diff after I set it up completely and it's still feel the same as day one. I guess the key is a sealed unit with the right lube and most importantly is the amount of lube.

Anyway back to the unit itself, on slow corner, Turning diameter is really small because of the loose diff, and when I punch it from exiting corners the car just rocket with without fish tailing or unstable rear(usually if you have a loose diff it will fish tailing because both rear wheel is fighting for traction) and most importantly on straight away the car is very stable, you dont have to fight the steering wheel to get a straight line when you are on and off throttle. Speaking of that, I had a good experience and example want to share with all of you! Yesterday I was running my car at revelation and there were a few cars running there too, cut the story short, I was with an impluse when we both exit the sweeper, I was on the inside and he was on the outside, swear to god, we were like 1 inch next to each other and we both were just WOT and we were neck to neck then we fender bender a little bit on a high speed straight away, I am guessing we are pretty much close to top speed but I was really suprise we werent into accident, we were just like bump and go type of accident! What I am trying to say is even on highspeed on throttle the diff is just like a solid axle small pushing impact will not upset the car, I guess it's a combination of a few components but I have tried this before I have the diff on and I just spun around!

I am very very happy with the Negative Diff! I guaranty you that you will not regret!
Nah, I am just a piece of old and rusty RC nut !
Old 12-29-2001, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by got_speed?
I have to run my car over there one of these days....that 2143 KOservo I picked up is great.....It should improve my driving skills

But wait...I won't be able to blame my crappy servo for my horrible driving anymore....
in fact, fast servo wont improve your driving skill. I dont really like KO stuff except its TX. their servo is too noisy and not long lasting. But I have a 1003 fet servo which is still on my MTX2 after 8 years of storage and it was on a 1/8 inferno buggy.
Old 12-29-2001, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by got_speed?
Manticore...DTM...what is $ 2000HK in $US....just curious...
its around US$260

send me email before you come over to Hong Kong !!
Old 12-29-2001, 07:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Ah10

$1US = $7.78HKG, roughly
The current rate is US$1 to HK$7.8
Old 12-30-2001, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A question to all V One RR users:
What type of engine does V One RR/Kyosho's centax clutch that came with V One RR take? Standard, pilot/SG or short shaft? Someone in other forum said it only take SG shaft
Old 12-30-2001, 09:39 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by boner
A question to all V One RR users:
What type of engine does V One RR/Kyosho's centax clutch that came with V One RR take? Standard, pilot/SG or short shaft? Someone in other forum said it only take SG shaft
SG shaft, but you can buy an extension piece (from Mugen) to convert short shaft to SG!
Old 12-30-2001, 09:40 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

in fact, fast servo wont improve your driving skill. I dont really like KO stuff except its TX. their servo is too noisy and not long lasting. But I have a 1003 fet servo which is still on my MTX2 after 8 years of storage and it was on a 1/8 inferno buggy.
8 YEARS and you are still complaining it is not long lasting...... you are a difficult man to please!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.