Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 07:00 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pinion n spur gears

Originally posted by Manticore
who said buy and see?
My brain bypass was only done for buying cars!!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pinion n spur gears

Originally posted by dtm
My brain bypass was only done for buying cars!!
check out my little car at HK thread ! my brian hasnt been bypassed when I bough it !
Old 01-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Solid rear and front one way

Originally posted by B
May I ask, where do you usually run in Vancouver?
its been a year since I ran my car, been busy with work. But I used to run at Apollo or in richmond Landsdowne.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Manticore
according to "Fire" here, there is one particular shop in your area taht rips people off badly. you might want to check with "Fire" for more information and not get your hand burned.
hmmm as soon as I this 'fire' person I will ask him than...

thanks for the heads up
Old 01-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rbgti
hmmm as soon as I this 'fire' person I will ask him than...

thanks for the heads up
"Fire" usually hangs out at MTX3 thread, you can catch him there.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

unfortunately all japanese car parts are rip offs here in vancouver, get the parts from hk, plus shipping and tax, still cost around 30-50% less than buying the parts locally

and protoform bodies are half of the price here in HK
Old 01-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

really? which shop do you go to in vancouver than?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

depends on what i am looking for

i buy most of the expensive stuff such as electronics from golden horizon in richmond

i buy bodies at various shops, race tech in port coquitlam, apollo in burnaby, golden horizon

parts, tires and fancy stuffs are all from hk
Old 01-28-2004, 10:47 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I only buy Fuel in Vancouver, that is because you cant mail order them.

But even here, the fuel is too expensive, and not that many brands to choose from.

If you like Japanese parts, and if you are going the mail order rout, buy straight from Japan, they have the biggest variety of parts with discounts.

I usually go to GH too, but it is difficult to find TC parts there now, and telling them to or\der for you is not efficient....
Old 01-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

the shop owners here don't make any sense...they'd rather make an extra $100 off you one time, rather than building a relationship and making an extra $30 each week over a lifetime of customer loyalty. do the math...

I like kyosho stuff so I'm looking for a shop that carries parts for a reasonable price, if their support and service is good I don't mind paying a little more. And I usually don't buy hop ups, I just take the nicer functioning parts from 1/8 scale Fantom and put em on instead.

I usually go to Ken Chan/Indy Hobby for tires and fuel, you are right B there isn't much variety of fuels available here. His expertise is good, but his prices are shifty...you never really know if he is over charging you or not.

I used to buy stuff from GH too but their service is really bad at times, they absolutely refuse to help you out with tuning a product that I bought from them. But I do special order some parts from them.

so...which online stores do you guys use than? there are a fair number of them, and finding the ones with professional reputation is hard...

Old 01-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

really??

the guys at GH are very nice i think
but they don't know too much about cars, they are more like planes and heli people

you don't need to guess if ken is over charging you, that's always the case, but sometimes if you are in a hurry then you have no choice

i order my stuffs from Mr. Lam at harmony in hk
email [email protected]
the price is hk price, products brand new and unaltered, and service is good. the only problem is he only answer email once or twice a day
Old 01-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Evo set-up Tips

Guys,
I just got the conversion kit, I used the STS Gear ratio chart to setup the car to ran next session at http://racerx.piratica.com/track/

I'm checking to see if I'm on the right set-up path.....
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-sts-gear-ratio.jpg  
Old 01-28-2004, 04:03 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fire
really??

you don't need to guess if ken is over charging you, that's always the case, but sometimes if you are in a hurry then you have no choice

sad, but true
Old 01-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeap the GH guys are really nice, I like the owner(eddie?) and Martin, but the other guys leave much to be desired. But they really failed to support me on a product they sold me on -bring my car down for some insight and help putting it together... " ..yeah just do this and that and such and such.." lol it was funny, it was like they were too busy chatting amongst themselves.

I've probably spent +/-$1000 in there already, I'd still go there to browse and buy a few things, just not expecting any help on tuning

Ken..what can I say about him, I think his engine expertise is second to none even if he does over charge for some items, you're right he leaves me no choice

Its cool though this whole hobby is a learning experience, now that I know more things I won't need to rely on anyone for service..I just want some decent parts suppliers.

I guess I will have to give Mr.Lam in HK a ring.

Cheers!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

wow, you guys met up so fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.