Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Front Sway-bar problems

Guys;

Has anyone tried mounting the larger diameter Front sway-bars from an MTX3 or Evo on the V1R's?

Looks like they would fit with a slight modification to the holders and won't develop a tweak like the smaller bars do.

Thanks,
Old 01-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by tenderfoot57
Hey Kid Thanks again for the info. What do you think of the lcg motor mounts and the lcg top deck for the rr. I think these changes are obviously to lower the cg therefore causing the car to roll less = better corner speed. = tq = points champ. correct? Does anybody think that these items are worth the cost. or do I just run with what I have, instead of worring about getting a lower cg.

Thanks to all.

Tenderfoot.
Get the Trinity Reflex gas tank. It significantly lower than the Kyosho. Almost as low as the steering servo (if you have not done the Evo conversion yet) If you get the lcg mounts, you'd have to get a smaller flywheel.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all Thanks for all the good ideas. I think I will use the reflex tank and graphite upper deck. I will just run a beed if epoxy around the main seem on the tank and hope it doesn't split.

Kid Nice looking car. What's the weight? I won't have any pictures for a while.

One more question. Has anyone tried to lower the steering servo? I was looking at my car and it looks like I can lower the servo to maybe 1/4 in. above top deck. I was thinking of lowering the servo and flipping the pivot balls around on the servo saver. (Connecting on top rather than on the bottom) Possible?

Also any help on the Ti drive shafts would be great. (where can I order from) or will the tobee shafts be good enough for now?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Yes you can lower the steering and throttle servo. I did it. I used these little spacers from my V-One R kit that was left over and lowered the steering and throttle servo about 4mm. Just flip the ball ends around on the servo saver like you said and enjoy lcg.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

mckrooz: Thank you sir. any thoughts abouy the shafts?

Also, do I need to keep the steering linkages at the same angle as they were stock or will a slight difference be ok?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

I don't have any input on the shafts as I've no experience with them.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default The shaft

Hey MC do you race alot? Because I seem to get the shaft every time I go out

Hey thank you though.

I see u r from Cali. where do you race out there? I think I am going to be headed out there in June and I would like to hit Revelation and try to be back for the Nats. in the fall. Any other suggestions while I am out there. I 'll be in Fontana for about a week.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

I don't race, just run on the track a couple times a week. I go to Crystal Park in Compton. I've only been to Revelation once. It's too far from me.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

How far is Crystal park from Fontana. Not to familier with the geography of So. Cal. to much going on over there. I did live in No. Cal for a couple of years but wasn't racing then.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

heyalignmentguy, Thank you I was thinking of that until I read in this thread that K Factory was not the best choice of hop up. And I have also seen quite a few of them (tanks) split at the seem. That is the reason for not wanting to do that.

Are there any other options as far as the tank is concerned.
I think I may try and shim the tank down as far as I can.

Also found the Ti parts I am looking for. Link on page 339 of thread.

AMG: Or anyone how about tobee craft drive shafts?
Didn't see kyosho Ti shafts.

Thanks all
tenderfoot

If you have an RR the Kfactory tank is excellent. I never had any problems with mine in at least 1 year of racing. In fact if you are after a carbon top deck and tank as a spare I have a set I wont use any more.

The tobee craft shafts are cheap and VERY light. I found however that they get bad bearing rash fairly quickly. Once this happens they get some runout which binds up your drivetrain badly. This happened in less than 3 months for me.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

How far is Crystal park from Fontana. Not to familier with the geography of So. Cal. to much going on over there. I did live in No. Cal for a couple of years but wasn't racing then.

Thanks
it is in the city of Compton, CA. about 15 miles south-east of the LAX. and about 60 miles away from Fontana i believe.

Last edited by Data; 01-08-2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

AMG: Thank you for the info.

So should I get 2 sets of shafts and replace as needed. Because they are quite cheep. Besides I can only race outdoors for six months anyway.

Thanks for the parts offer I have several reflex items alresdy, But with the way I drive I could use them up quickly. So maybe in the future if the offer is still good at the time

Thanks Data worth the trip?
Old 01-08-2004, 03:07 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kawahara Sway Bar

Looking for the part number for the blade type rear sway bar from Kawahara. Looked at the usual HK sites and it is not listed. Can you guys tell me you sourced this part from.

Thank you
Old 01-08-2004, 03:11 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

www.kawahara-racing.co.jp

check there~
Old 01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the link

Originally posted by B
www.kawahara-racing.co.jp

check there~
Thanks for the link B

Looks like I would need to replace my current 3 Racing side brace to use this sway bar, is that correct. Would be good if there was more than just a top view.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.