Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
No no - re-engineer the mid block.

. . . or talk to Corse-R about a 376 side belt.
375 is available from kyosho as SP belt.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by utopian
No, the one way at RR cannot be used at Evo. However, the conversion kit includes a new one way.
Cool. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Manticore
which clutch you are going to use the bell on?
The mugen clutch.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by apmk
The mugen clutch.
your clutch you look sexy with the red pad and the 5 star bell !
Old 01-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

your clutch you look sexy with the red pad and the 5 star bell !

Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-dsc00025a.jpg  
Old 01-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Yes indeed, thanks for the pic anyway.

Cheers!
Old 01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2 speed tranny

Hey everyone, Has anyone used the Reflex drive line in their V One RR. I just got done weighing the stock RR drive shafts and they are almost 30g heavier than the reflex. I have only raced my RR twice, it took me from the top ten to top three and I am looking to get better. I was running the reflex before and it is a dog compared to the RR. That is why I am leary of putting reflex parts on my good car. Are the weight gains enough to warrant using these parts.

V one RR
Hardcore Titan Chassis
Rody x12 3 port
??Possible Reflex Tranny???

Thank you for your help and or suggestions.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: 2 speed tranny

thats pretty good results to here tenderfoot57, i know the drive shafts are quite heavy in the stock vone rr but you can go for the genuine kyosho ti shafts wich will be lighter or go fo the 3racing hardend alloy shafts wich will loose a lot of weight! and will make the car accelerate really quick!!!

Originally posted by tenderfoot57
Hey everyone, Has anyone used the Reflex drive line in their V One RR. I just got done weighing the stock RR drive shafts and they are almost 30g heavier than the reflex. I have only raced my RR twice, it took me from the top ten to top three and I am looking to get better. I was running the reflex before and it is a dog compared to the RR. That is why I am leary of putting reflex parts on my good car. Are the weight gains enough to warrant using these parts.

V one RR
Hardcore Titan Chassis
Rody x12 3 port
??Possible Reflex Tranny???

Thank you for your help and or suggestions.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Thanks kid. I already have all the necessary equip. to convert the drive line. I have also looked at the other parts you have mentioned and I do like both alternate options. I will probably get these as back up or just to change back to the kyosho 2 speed. Like I said I was driving a reflex first, I was parting it out tonight when I weighed all the parts. The reflex parts are already on the car. I think I will try it unless I hear that it is no good. I Have all spur and pinion gears already and I am trying to save money for now. Who know the season doesn't start for about 2.5 months, so maybe I'll have an evo by then.

Thanks again Tenderfoot.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey one other thing, I was looking at the 3racing drive shafts and the main shaft is listed at 35g. The 2 reflex together don't even weigh that combined. (middle shaft = 4.5g Main shaft = 8.5g)
Old 01-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by tenderfoot57
Hey one other thing, I was looking at the 3racing drive shafts and the main shaft is listed at 35g. The 2 reflex together don't even weigh that combined. (middle shaft = 4.5g Main shaft = 8.5g)
hey tenderfoot57 i have the mtx3 as well and i think my vone rr goes as good as the evo and my mtx3 under a good set up!! another words i dont really think upgrading to an evo is really necesary! in my opionion. But i surpose the evo has got to be better again than the RR.

jeremy

im glad you like the vone rr its still a very competitive race car!

Last edited by rrgt_kid; 01-07-2004 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Kid Thanks again for the info. What do you think of the lcg motor mounts and the lcg top deck for the rr. I think these changes are obviously to lower the cg therefore causing the car to roll less = better corner speed. = tq = points champ. correct? Does anybody think that these items are worth the cost. or do I just run with what I have, instead of worring about getting a lower cg.

Thanks to all.

Tenderfoot.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Can anyone tell me where to find the part numbers to change the rear body mounts to run a Lola type body? In English, preferably.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by theRED5
Can anyone tell me where to find the part numbers to change the rear body mounts to run a Lola type body? In English, preferably.
vz088, body mount post
vz083, rear body mount set
vzw017, body mount shafts
this last part number is a tower hobbies number so I'm not sure what the stock number is.
LXBFO, WIDE FRONT BUMBER SET VONE RR.
I think that is all you need, if not I'm sure somebody else will add to the list.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since you are starting from scratch you should opt for the aluminum floating body mount. I think it is made by 3Racing. This will give you less slop in the mount since they're captured by hingpins instead of the stock screw and locknut.

I drove my car the whole day yesterday and it handled extremely well. This car has so much steering, like and 1/8th scale. I love it. First race is Sunday. All it needs now is some heavier diff fluid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.