Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 06:23 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: what's up K guys

Originally posted by AMGRacer
We have had a review in a recent ozzy mag where a guy upgraded from a V1RR to a FW05R and dropped .5 seconds off his best laptime.

The car looks to be as good as a NTC3 drivetrain wise with the durability of a RR.
Wow
i never knew that the car can be this good!

Ill be interesting to see how Cyrul does with it!
Old 11-16-2003, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: what's up K guys

Originally posted by patelladragger
I'm trying to decide what nitro to make my entry back into GP. I see cryul is going to be running K in 200 mm now with FW-05R. So anyone have any input on it?

Is it worth it to consider both or just stick with a evo and a mugen clutch?
Hi patella . . . . where you bin . . . . F1 must be over, eh.

There are a couple of FW-05R's running at our track and they look pretty good, too. As AMG says, they seem to hold together better than the NTC-3.
I reckon gears are still going to be their downfall, but someone will make some hardened ones, I'm sure.

. . . but to answer your question:
EVO, Kyosho 3D Clutch, practice, practice, practice,

Just my 2 cents, you understand.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: what's up K guys

We have had a review in a recent ozzy mag where a guy upgraded from a V1RR to a FW05R and dropped .5 seconds off his best laptime.
That wasn't our very own SPracer, was it?
If I recall, everyone knocked .5 second off their personal bests, that day.

. . . gawd, he's gonna slap me for that one.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

We had our last club meeting for the year today - Trophy Dash.

As noobatron pointed out, the track was as dusty as a Telstra share portfolio. We had a poor showing mainly because I obviously can't tune an engine, and should never have used a second hand horn on the steering servo - Doh.

Due to the conditions, everyone was chasing set-up most of the day. We ended up with 45º on the front bar, softest setting on the stock rear bar (should have bent up a lighter one), 2º more caster, 5.5mm/6.0mm ride height, 35/35 tyres, 4mm/4mm droop, Silver springs on the front, Black on the rear.

I think we could have used some lighter shock oil too, but the car was on rails in the twisty bits and my driver was pretty happy with it.
. . . now if I could just tune an engine.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default EVO Victory

Hi All

EVO making a come back win at the dusty condition moorebank today. Setting is pretty much same as the Nat's except flat front roll bar and 42F

Cheerz
Old 11-16-2003, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: EVO Victory

Originally posted by tl2111
Hi All

EVO making a come back win at the dusty condition moorebank today. Setting is pretty much same as the Nat's except flat front roll bar and 42F

Cheerz
Congrats tl2111.
. . . . . but geez, I didn't think the dust from our off road track would have travelled THAT far.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: EVO Victory

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Congrats tl2111.
. . . . . but geez, I didn't think the dust from our off road track would have travelled THAT far.
congrats to Sam as well. and you better believe it, even though we blow and sweep the dusty off, when we put our cars down for practice it actually leave a trail of dust fortunately we all use our car as a dust collector and also some artificial traction put down, the meeting start! During the whole meeting strong wind blowing the dust across and our lap time is some what half to 3 quarter of the second slower, but never mind I take the win as a compliment.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: what's up K guys

That wasn't our very own SPracer, was it?
If I recall, everyone knocked .5 second off their personal bests, that day.

. . . gawd, he's gonna slap me for that one.
Yep thats him I personally take these articles with a grain of salt as well. I know Luis also struggled with the car on a larger track (Brendale) since it was undergeared.

Still I think the FW05R is a damn nice car.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

We had our last club meeting for the year today - Trophy Dash.

As noobatron pointed out, the track was as dusty as a Telstra share portfolio. We had a poor showing mainly because I obviously can't tune an engine, and should never have used a second hand horn on the steering servo - Doh.

Due to the conditions, everyone was chasing set-up most of the day. We ended up with 45º on the front bar, softest setting on the stock rear bar (should have bent up a lighter one), 2º more caster, 5.5mm/6.0mm ride height, 35/35 tyres, 4mm/4mm droop, Silver springs on the front, Black on the rear.

I think we could have used some lighter shock oil too, but the car was on rails in the twisty bits and my driver was pretty happy with it.
. . . now if I could just tune an engine.
Hey guys!!!

i missed today's race cuz of work (won't be finishing till the 20th December ). How was the track, i was down on sat night and it wasn't too bad so i guess all went well?
Old 11-16-2003, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: what's up K guys

Yep thats him I personally take these articles with a grain of salt as well. I know Luis also struggled with the car on a larger track (Brendale) since it was undergeared.

Still I think the FW05R is a damn nice car.
Look out Josh Cyrul is driving the shaftie now!!
Old 11-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Rookie

I am getting a Kyosho V-one RR Evo... and I am just wondering, what everyone thinks the best engine is to run in this car?

Also, what good hop-up parts would be worth it to put on the car? Is there a split on the foam tires, and what would the split be?

thanks
Old 11-16-2003, 11:51 AM
NUT
Tech Initiate

Im planning to buy the evo conversion, is there any other parts required to fit the evo conversion in my v1rr ? can I still use the same kfactory center mount and side stiffiner (with the belt tensioner)? Im only using the standard futaba servo for steering, is it still ok with the new servo layout on the v1rr evo?

thanxs and more power!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by SerpentNewbie
I am getting a Kyosho V-one RR Evo... and I am just wondering, what everyone thinks the best engine is to run in this car?

Also, what good hop-up parts would be worth it to put on the car? Is there a split on the foam tires, and what would the split be?

thanks
This is pretty subjective, can you narrow it down? There are so many good engine out there nowadays that it really comes down to preference and driving style. Depending on how big your track is, i would go for what i already know works for me, in my case the Novarossi NS3 (i run at a very small tight track) whereas if you have a large, faster flowing track then you'd want an engine with a higher peaking RPM like the NS5.
But ultimatly, it's down to how you drive. The engine is half of the story

Regarding foam tires, i run 37 sore on (26mm fronts and 30mm rears). It has a 1 split in it but u can get multiple splits.
have fun!
Old 11-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by NUT
Im planning to buy the evo conversion, is there any other parts required to fit the evo conversion in my v1rr ? can I still use the same kfactory center mount and side stiffiner (with the belt tensioner)? Im only using the standard futaba servo for steering, is it still ok with the new servo layout on the v1rr evo?

thanxs and more power!!!
Hi Nut,

I've just got myself the conversion kit and it's SOOO sweet, alot better than the EVO kit itself (shimo chassis, carbon fibre instead of reinforced fibreglass radio plate etc)
Unfortunantly you won't be able to use your centre mount and side stiffner on the conversion kit- side stiffener won't fit and the centre mount is different in the evo kit (doesn't have radio support mount). The kit comes with EVERYTHING you need to do the conversion so you won't have to purchase any extra bits and pieces.
The servo is mounted flat on its side as you would've seen, however it doesn't limit the type of servo you can use. There are specific brackets for Futaba, Hitec, JR etc included in the kit so you should've have any trouble mounting the steering servo. However i would suggest getting a higher torque rated servo for steering but that's just me.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SerpentNewbie

thanks
Engine is a hard one depends on what you like.
As far as tire split are we talking differnt shore ratings or diameters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.