Tech Champion

Originally posted by coastaltony
How about the Team Only Reflex?
change servo saver ! get those from kyosho
Old 08-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Aluminum Adjustable Servo Saver

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i like how with the v1rrbetteredition when adjusting ackerman you don't have to take out the whole servo horn, just the end thingy. is this servo horn a direct fit into the mtx3 unit? if so it would definatly save alot of time... i hate changing that oon the mugen!
They are different. As of current time, Kawahara has released this quick change Servo Saver for: MTX-3, MRX-3, and V1RR/Evo.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hopefully going to take my evo out for it's first run today. mine weighs in at about 1750g with a AAA rx and the conversion kit on which saves about 18g. one thing i did notice for mine was that the clutch was unbearably tight on the inside of the 2nd spur gear and even when i ran some sand paper over it it was still far too tight. it was effectively in second gear all the time. thought i'd just share what i have found out.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Dexter
Hopefully going to take my evo out for it's first run today. mine weighs in at about 1750g with a AAA rx and the conversion kit on which saves about 18g. one thing i did notice for mine was that the clutch was unbearably tight on the inside of the 2nd spur gear and even when i ran some sand paper over it it was still far too tight. it was effectively in second gear all the time. thought i'd just share what i have found out.
you set the two set screws too tight on the 2speed clutch shoes
Old 08-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Which set screws the 3x3 or the 4x4's?
Old 08-30-2003, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dexter
Which set screws the 3x3 or the 4x4's?

The 3x3's - the one's in the middle of each shoe.
It sounds like they're touching thr rollers.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
The 3x3's - the one's in the middle of each shoe.
It sounds like they're touching thr rollers.
Yep Taylor is right, need to back them out as much as you can without them rubbing the inside of the spur.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah ur both right thanks for that, my bad . it now fits like a glove
Old 08-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

If anyone is after a rear swaybar like Mantis (CHARGE brand) without the adjustable arms give me a PM. Warning it aint cheap
Old 08-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Some more testing annecdotes.

I have been using 3 degree camber on the rear on this track for ever. (2 years at least) My tires always wear nice and flat. The EVO is coning them inwards which seems to indicate I can run less camber and still achieve flat wear!! Not sure why this is, I can only assume the car rolls overall much less.

When the grip is down the EVO is as ugly as any other car The track was very greasy and dusty the other day and I basically could not get it to hook up even with 35 on the rear. Very annoying.

My car now weighs 1705 with body
Old 08-31-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default 3x3 set screws

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yep Taylor is right, need to back them out as much as you can without them rubbing the inside of the spur.
what are those set screws for any way...are they used for added
rotating mass for a more efficient 2nd gear engagement?
Old 08-31-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: 3x3 set screws

Originally posted by StepPins
what are those set screws for any way...are they used for added
rotating mass for a more efficient 2nd gear engagement?
Them set screws are to adjust the firmness of the shifting action.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

If anyone is after a rear swaybar like Mantis (CHARGE brand) without the adjustable arms give me a PM. Warning it aint cheap
We want a sway bar that doesn't touch the shocks if they're mounted in the lower hole on the arms.
We're not using that lower hole, but, hey.

. . . . Oh, alright, sent you a PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Some more testing annecdotes.

I have been using 3 degree camber on the rear on this track for ever. (2 years at least) My tires always wear nice and flat. The EVO is coning them inwards which seems to indicate I can run less camber and still achieve flat wear!! Not sure why this is, I can only assume the car rolls overall much less.

When the grip is down the EVO is as ugly as any other car The track was very greasy and dusty the other day and I basically could not get it to hook up even with 35 on the rear. Very annoying.

My car now weighs 1705 with body

Hmmm . . . I'm going to venture a guess and say that with less traction, you are needing less static camber. Maybe with the Evo, those alternative mounting holes for the rear camber link are now actually usefull.

Please keep the test results coming, AMG.
We have only three tanks on our car - not enough to say anything conclusive.
. . . . however, at the risk of having Manti jump on me for using the "looks" word the Evo definately looks to handle differently, and my driver confirms it. It seems to stay very flat, much like a MTX-3 (cough).

The part I haven't figured out is I always thought it was the rear end at fault. Given that the rear is the same as the RR and the Evo front end is changed, I can only assume it's got something to do with the interaction or balance between the two - dunno.

Our VORTEC meeting was rained out today. Even our spanking new track drying roller was no match for the weather. We have a night meet next Saturday. Please ask sparksy to bring some sunshine with him.

So, what have you done to get the car down to 1705g? You must have adopted the Lotus theory of "adding lightness".
Old 08-31-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Hmmm . . . I'm going to venture a guess and say that with less traction, you are needing less static camber. Maybe with the Evo, those alternative mounting holes for the rear camber link are now actually usefull.

Please keep the test results coming, AMG.
We have only three tanks on our car - not enough to say anything conclusive.
. . . . however, at the risk of having Manti jump on me for using the "looks" word the Evo definately looks to handle differently, and my driver confirms it. It seems to stay very flat, much like a MTX-3 (cough).

The part I haven't figured out is I always thought it was the rear end at fault. Given that the rear is the same as the RR and the Evo front end is changed, I can only assume it's got something to do with the interaction or balance between the two - dunno.

Our VORTEC meeting was rained out today. Even our spanking new track drying roller was no match for the weather. We have a night meet next Saturday. Please ask sparksy to bring some sunshine with him.

So, what have you done to get the car down to 1705g? You must have adopted the Lotus theory of "adding lightness".
AMG must have put an anti-gravity device on his EVO !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.