Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 06:39 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JCTC3
Manti, Thanks for reply. On the white clutch weights there are 3 holes each. Can you use the diffrent holes to change engagement points?
As Manti said the weights go in between the pins only. To change the engagement of the clutch you tighten or loosen ( what ever is desired) the spring nut (not sure of offical name) the nut is used to adjust the preload on the spring to alter when/how the clutch engages.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:43 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Check this site out too this explains it quite well what the centax clutch actuall does. Centax Clutch
Old 04-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Manti- do you know any HK websites that sell Foam tires for about 10$ a pair??
Thanks
Old 04-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TBR
Manti,
What clutch do you use with the V one RR mugen clutch or the Kyosho??
mugen !
Old 04-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JCTC3
Manti, Thanks for reply. On the white clutch weights there are 3 holes each. Can you use the diffrent holes to change engagement points?
no, the holes there is to reduce the weight.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Got Rice?
Manti- do you know any HK websites that sell Foam tires for about 10$ a pair??
Thanks
harmony !!
Old 04-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
harmony !!
http://www.harmonymodel.com.hk/

check this

this is a one page web site of the shop and this is for information only. you can get the email for inquiry. most of the people here order stuff from Mr. Lam. fast and good.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: set up sugestions

Originally posted by TBR
You and I must have completely different set-ups cause when going lite the back-end of the car was far too lose going harder would be better for me. But in saying that I run a front diff. Cause I like that better. I and plenty of others use 30 000+ weight in the rear on the MTX-3 and that is sweet.
You will find if you use a one way your car will handle a lot better than your MTX-3. You will your car is a lot faster into the corners using a one way but it personal perference what we run. But the MTX-3 is a different setup to the V one RR so you can't compare them.

Damo

Last edited by VoneRkid; 05-01-2003 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Graeme have you sean the B.R.C.C.C Tingalpa New track it look good can't wait to race on it

Damo
Old 05-01-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

The track does look good, Keith has designed a excellent looking track. I think the surface is concrete and from what I understand you have to run rubber tyres. ( please correct me if I'm wrong, someone from wynnum). But their race day falls on the same Sunday as ours. Not that this should worry anybody, one of the things I fell you must do to become a better driver is to race at different curcuits. This I feel helps you refine your setup skills, sure it's easy to ask a track local for his/her setup, but that may only work for them. And I strongly beleive that all drivers are different and have some different ideas, that what makes us human. But one day I will venture over to Wynnum and I am looking forward that day. For the time being I would like to get the car sussed out and learning to drive it.

Graeme
Old 05-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can some of you guys explain the advantages and disadvantages of firstly the Kawahara negitive rear diff and or the Kyosho lsd diff. I am interested in get one or the other of these and would like some info please.

Graeme
Old 05-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

the kawhara diff has shoes like a two speed and the kyosho lsd is like a real car diff lsd- it stand for limited slip diff and it does exactly what the name says, the kawahara does exactly what a shoe two speed does, but not in adjustable way as a two speed, but it works great!. the kawahara works like a normal diff on corners and soon as you plant it locks up! both have down sides you have to use some of your old internals to assemble them its shit in a way you pay all the money for it but if you want it you'll buy it.

jeremy
Old 05-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

The Kawhara negitive diff works well the car is a lot faster into the corners because the diff is lock up. When you have got the power on it is lock & when you are off the power it is not lock The diff is worth the money I like using it

Damo
Old 05-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Graeme are you going to the track on Saturday to run your car? I will bring my car and show you the negitive diff on the car if Iam not working Saturday.

Damo
Old 05-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

I ran a negative diff for around 12 months and found it to be generally very nice. I used to run it with just grease in it no silicone oil at all and found this to work very well.

However the biggest problem with the diff is it can make the rear of the car loose if the conditions are not quite right. The locking action is quite severe and requires good rear traction to use 100%.

The kyosho lsd on the other hand does nto really increase forward bite as much as the neg diff, but it stabilises the rear, even in very low grip conditions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.