Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Old 02-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NitroNut
Does a mtx3 universals fit a v1r was looking at this one site and found the uni's cheaper for like eh.. 13 bucks www.justrc.com for mtx3
No
Old 02-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Doh
Old 02-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Active Hobby Products

Does anyone know where to purchase Active Hobby Products? Looks like they make an blade style adjustable rear sway bar for the V-One R similar to the front.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-v1rearsway.jpg  
Old 02-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Quick dumb question how come when i spin my clutch bell my stupid flywheel spins wit it? usually arent the clutchbell and pinion gears suppose to spin freely witout interfearing wit the flywheel BLEH!!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by NitroNut
Quick dumb question how come when i spin my clutch bell my stupid flywheel spins wit it? usually arent the clutchbell and pinion gears suppose to spin freely witout interfearing wit the flywheel BLEH!!!!!
check if you have enough shim between your clutch nut and inner clutch bell bearing.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

What's up guys? Haven't been here in a while but finally got some wheel time with the RR in the past few weeks. Here's some observations:

The active diff doesn't seem to want to hold a tight setting on high bite tracks.

The regular diffs don't leak if you don't overfill them.

My car seemed to be much looser in the sweepers and transitions with the RR's 25 tooth pulley in comparison with the original kit's 27. Overall the RR doesn't feel as well balanced front to rear because of this. I'm not sure why. I didn't notice anymore top end speed with it yet either.

I wish there were more spring options rather than having to search around for Fantoms'. Does anyone know if Reflex springs fit and if they have differing rates than the silver, black, and gold?

The car is a rock. However the RR's rear inner camber link screw (the really long one that also support the floating rear) seems to bend easily.

Front bumper still sucks, already broke the Integy graphite brace also. And no, I don't hit a lot of stuff.

Speaking of Integy, I like their TOP chassis (3 racing?), shock towers, and the new beefy uni's, but I wore out the 25t aluminum pulley in no time on relatively clean tracks.

I need to shed some weight! On my car.

Later, yo
Old 02-04-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kevink2
What's up guys? Haven't been here in a while but finally got some wheel time with the RR in the past few weeks. Here's some observations:

The active diff doesn't seem to want to hold a tight setting on high bite tracks.

The regular diffs don't leak if you don't overfill them.

My car seemed to be much looser in the sweepers and transitions with the RR's 25 tooth pulley in comparison with the original kit's 27. Overall the RR doesn't feel as well balanced front to rear because of this. I'm not sure why. I didn't notice anymore top end speed with it yet either.

I wish there were more spring options rather than having to search around for Fantoms'. Does anyone know if Reflex springs fit and if they have differing rates than the silver, black, and gold?

The car is a rock. However the RR's rear inner camber link screw (the really long one that also support the floating rear) seems to bend easily.

Front bumper still sucks, already broke the Integy graphite brace also. And no, I don't hit a lot of stuff.

Speaking of Integy, I like their TOP chassis (3 racing?), shock towers, and the new beefy uni's, but I wore out the 25t aluminum pulley in no time on relatively clean tracks.

I need to shed some weight! On my car.

Later, yo
stiff up the front blade type sway bar a bit at a time. this will help on the sweeper
Old 02-04-2003, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

I've got it near full stiff as it is. I guess it's the on power turns where it gets a little more dicey, especially after driving my friend's MTX-3 (ooops did I say that?) and then going directly back to the 27t. Does the 25t supposedly yield more top speed Manticore?
Old 02-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe I just need to change setup for the 25t.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Big secret for V1R is go stiffer than the optional springs on faster tracks. What springs are you using in front? Blacks and even golds i find too soft for the front if you are really hammering thru the bends. Use some of the fantom springs.

Feel the MTX3 springs, they are at least fantom reds on the front and around golds on the rear.

Overdrive will make your car tailier on power. When you have a fair bit of overdrive the front bites hard under power which can make the rear come around. True the front 4.5mm lower than the rear. Thats 1:1. Then progressively true the rear down to increase overdrive and find the "sweet spot". I like a 3mm gap with the 25T pulley.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Wow a 3mm difference in tire splits! Doesn't that kill the belts?

Regarding springs, I was using the golds in the front at KZ (big track) and blacks at Revelation. Golds all around bounced quite bit, even with heavy shock oil, so I went back to blacks with 60 wt in front and 40 in rear. Car was much easier to drive with blacks. I'll compare springs rates with my MTX.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Our track is really strange. It is billiard table smooth and has a real high grip level when dry. But the grip level changes dramatically here due to our weather.

I normally run the hardest springs on my Yokomo with 80wgt oil in the front and 3 rates lower on the rear with 50wgt oil. This one weekend it was really bad as the weather was changing from raining hard to sun spliting the stones throughout each of the 2 days running. On the second day once the track was really dry I had a major steering problem (far too much - the car was fit to turn a tight 180 by just releasing the throttle). I tried a few different things and in the end I tried something totally never thought of. I used Mugen 5000wgt diff lube in the front and 1000wgt diff lube in the rear shocks and the car went like a dream.

Anyone with these track conditions should try it. It would surprise you.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Wow. I know the GS Vision comes with insanely thick shock fluid, but had no idea that something that thick would even work with the Kyosho.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default MTX-3 Rear Setup

Sorry to change the subject...
Has anyone had time using the MTX-3 rear setup and come up with suspension settings? Compared to my original GRP foam car parts, I had a little more slide in the rear but it was stable and controllable. Tire wear was good in the rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.