Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I wen't to track to day to turn some laps before Big race on Sun.
I myself witnessed 3 brand new MTX3s and I was not that impressed

These people who had them are capapble drivers and are not new. seemed to me the car would not stick and was all over the place.

The track was untreated and was some what dusty, but my R was holding its line a hole lot better, gonna have to wait and see, what happens SUN if there are any people who show up with one.

I myself will stick with the R

Other thing I noticed was I got some Nitro Shoes to try out and didnt realise when I got them that the front tire width is 28mm,
I cut them down to 26 so they dont rub.
Well, I am pretty sure we need traction to perform. V1R/V1RR is a very stable rear end car and that's why it performs better then the rest of it competitor on a low grip track.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Two tracks I tested at. One is Meakin Park a smaller parking lot style track and the other is Brendale, a Moorebank style track.

The main reason I like the fantom greens and yellows (I use them paired normally but feel free to play!) is I find that 80% of the direction change loss to the MTX3 comes from too soft springs. Soft springs = more roll = less transition speed. But as you stiffen the springs (I do it equally) your car loses overall traction. This is felt in the rear first by most people.

The other 20% again in my opinion is due to the lower cg of the Mugen.
U R right, But the problem that I encounter is if I use hard spring on the front the car push like a dog(I am already on 42 shore tyres) and I find on very a high traction track where you could grip roll actually better off run softer in setup, just like last year at NSW title and Vic's where they still using VHT everyone goes hard on setup and start rolling, then I go opposite no more roll surely I'm slow in transition but it's better than need marshall pickup the car every corners.

I'm still searching right setup to match the MTX3 in transition and I hope Manti mod could make V1R on par with MTX3!
Old 01-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tl2111
U R right, But the problem that I encounter is if I use hard spring on the front the car push like a dog(I am already on 42 shore tyres) and I find on very a high traction track where you could grip roll actually better off run softer in setup, just like last year at NSW title and Vic's where they still using VHT everyone goes hard on setup and start rolling, then I go opposite no more roll surely I'm slow in transition but it's better than need marshall pickup the car every corners.

I'm still searching right setup to match the MTX3 in transition and I hope Manti mod could make V1R on par with MTX3!
Yep so dont use hard spring on the front only I always pair the colours as a baseline. Ie. yellow fantom front and rear. This hopefully prevents the pushing issue. But only you can judge your track conditions and driving style for certain.

If you go harder and still roll then you have too much droop. Eliminate almost all droop in a VHT situation, you dont need it.

Also the manti mod will not make the car transition better. That is not its purpose.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 01-01-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I used yellow all around and I have used green all around as well.

All I am saying is that in my opinion I find the Kyosho is too stable. Ie it is damn easy to drive but is sluggish and unresponsive (relatively). Add some stiffness (feel the MTX3 springs they are quite hard) for a more responsive but less tractive car.
I personally found more turnin, better corner stability and better out of corner speed with the yellows. But the rear gets loose off power much easier, solution stay on power! Or brake I guess.
OK, good, and thanks again.
It does seem that we view the VoneR similarly - it's TOO stable.
In other words, we ain't pushing the envelope enough.
I've got a solid rear axle, but havent tried it. I know Manti is a fan of these. Have you tried it - maybe it's time, eh.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we "lost" the brake disk carrier at our last race meet and my driver didn't even mention it.
Heck, I figure that if he didn't mention it, he probably isn't using them, and I might as well remove it and save the weight.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Bartman=Rick Bartalozzzzz
Ahhh . . . . heard the name but can't pick the nose.
Ya gonna make it easy for me now?
Maybe I need to get out more.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Remind me not to brake check infront of your son Taylor
Old 01-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

AMG is correct. If you've got it traction rolling, then you are close to right as far as grip is concerned. Just kill off nearly all of the droop.

Lilydale doesn't use VHT anymore much to the consternation of a number of NSWelshmen prior to the Nat's. It damages the track surface apparently. Actually the grip really hasn't suffered and is much more consistant now.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
Remind me not to brake check infront of your son Taylor
He he . . Actually I'm reasonably sure he'd miss you. In fact, I've had cause to castigate him for being TOO polite on the track. His driving style is a kind of strange combination of hero worship for rjl mixed with Playstation agression.

His best feature, though, is the "demon start" - I'm trying to be objective here.
He will routinely get four cars before the first corner - it don't matter who they are. Dunno how he does it - kid's reflexes, I think.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
He he . . Actually I'm reasonably sure he'd miss you. In fact, I've had cause to castigate him for being TOO polite on the track. His driving style is a kind of strange combination of hero worship for rjl mixed with Playstation agression.

His best feature, though, is the "demon start" - I'm trying to be objective here.
He will routinely get four cars before the first corner - it don't matter who they are. Dunno how he does it - kid's reflexes, I think.
Whish my 17 year old was like that .
He seems to have in for me every time I come near him
he seems just to want to run into me
But can race door handle stuff with other guys and not touch..
Or may be its me........LOL
Old 01-02-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by chippy
Whish my 17 year old was like that .
He seems to have in for me every time I come near him
he seems just to want to run into me
But can race door handle stuff with other guys and not touch..
Or may be its me........LOL
Aw, chippy, it sounds like you've got a good arrangement.
Me - I couldn't drive a nail into a wooden dog's bum.
My job is the three S's - spannering, strategy, sponsorship.

Sam wants to drive my Lotus Europa on a full size track, and I keep telling him that I'd whoop his skinny ass.
Close observation will reveal that I am gradually shrinking away from this boast as he gets older.

Last edited by Taylor-Racing; 01-02-2003 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Aw, chippy, it sounds like you've got a good arrangement.
Me - I couldn't drive a nail into a wooden dog's bum.
My job is the three S's - spannering, strategy, sponsorship.

Sam wants to drive my Lotus Europa on a full size track, and I keep telling him that I'd whoop his skinny ass.
Close observeration will reveal that I am gradually shrinking away from this boast as he gets older.
talking of shrinking I am ..
Iam 5'10" and he is 6'4"and my 15teen year old is 6' 2" its hard to tell them what to do when you got to look up to them LOL
1 good point is the oldest has got a part time job he can start to pay for his RC stuff..
But its all good fun as we, the men in the family all have an intrest in common ..
But now my daughter the youngest wants to race as well..
Sh-t how am I gonna afford this
Old 01-02-2003, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by chippy
talking of shrinking I am ..
Iam 5'10" and he is 6'4"and my 15teen year old is 6' 2" its hard to tell them what to do when you got to look up to them LOL
1 good point is the oldest has got a part time job he can start to pay for his RC stuff..
But its all good fun as we, the men in the family all have an intrest in common ..
But now my daughter the youngest wants to race as well..
Sh-t how am I gonna afford this

Gee, your in a bind, there, chippy.
With a bit of luck and some good guidence from her Mother, your daughter may discover boys as a distinct and serarate entity to cars.

Nah . . scratch that . . her Mother has obviously learned to put up with it.
Sorry mate, your doomed. I reckon you may as well go with the flow and get your wife into racing as well.

Hang on . . get her to talk to my wife. Now that WOULD do it.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

OK, good, and thanks again.
It does seem that we view the VoneR similarly - it's TOO stable.
In other words, we ain't pushing the envelope enough.
I've got a solid rear axle, but havent tried it. I know Manti is a fan of these. Have you tried it - maybe it's time, eh.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we "lost" the brake disk carrier at our last race meet and my driver didn't even mention it.
Heck, I figure that if he didn't mention it, he probably isn't using them, and I might as well remove it and save the weight.

solid axle is bomb on RR with one-way. I saw that it was very fast right away but could not be consistent until I changed my driving style. You have to drive it similar to what AMG is saying about running very hard rear springs, minimal time off throttle and steer through the corners with throttle. The acceleration difference compared to a diff seems dramatic and I can roll with this setup running gold/silver spring combo.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: patelladragger;

Originally posted by popsracer
WHAT.......You didn't like my idea about throwing the Car Flaming through the Front Window?

I would just as soon jump through the window myself before I throw one of my babies through it !
Old 01-02-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Yeah - I was a sucker on that one. No denying it. The guys at my track still rib me about it. But diva, I don't think hes' ALL bad - he just pushes the limits on his descriptions sometimes.

He sells good stuff to a lot of people. With me I think he just decided to take it that far because he was probably settling a score some of the hong kong guys had with me when one of my local racer buds jumped on the v1r thread and ticked some people off. Some nice and tasty posts were exchanged before the dust settled (though it's an entertaining read about 50 pages back )

That's the only rationale I can come up with because apparently several people knew about this car he was selling and wouldn't touch it because they knew the condition - I just wish they'd called him on it when he advertised it as 90% new. I learned a good lesson though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.