Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Patella,

If your still looking for another Kawahara Solid rear, it looks like Speedtech has got them in stock. How's the Negative Diff working out BTW?
Old 11-18-2002, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RB X12 with Novarossi In Line combo...

The novarossi in-line looks good, but had anyone running this combo as yet? Or anyone running it with other motor?
I am running X12 3 port Turbo motor.
How does it perform?
Old 11-18-2002, 02:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Vented-brake disk

By the way for the guys posting something earlier about brake disks on the mugen and the voner:

I saw something on a Japanese guy's homepage. And i did the same thing:

I STUCK A VENTED DISK FROM THE FANTOM 1/8 SCALE, ON MY VONER. IM SURE SOME OF YOU KNOW THIS, BUT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T....

Its a little heavier on the shaft im sure. But in theory, a vented disk will perform as it is supposed to, unlike a single disk trapped between two pads.

i didnt get conned into buying those after market disks. =)
Old 11-18-2002, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

1) Is it necessary to apply tread locker to the cap screw which securing the spur gears?
No, Just give it a good nip up.

2) Could this be the reason that the 2 speed shaft snapped into two? The breaking point is located at the pin hole of the brake pulley position. Or it is due to fatique/ wear and tear/ merely poor quality of this K factory shaft?
It depends on how it broke, did it split in the end of the shaft, or literally break in two? Were you undoing/doing up at the time, or driving?
Old 11-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JordanC
No, Just give it a good nip up.

It depends on how it broke, did it split in the end of the shaft, or literally break in two? Were you undoing/doing up at the time, or driving?
I tried w/o the tread locker, the screw came loose after few rounds.

As i was setting up the motor off ground, when i noticed the spur gears were having some weird noise of something loose...like the cap screw went loosen the last time...
Old 11-18-2002, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

I have a Nova pipe..... I can't go past the EFRA legal O.S pipes though. They are seriously indestructable.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:22 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Yeah but you hit too much too often.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DCR1TWO
Patella,

If your still looking for another Kawahara Solid rear, it looks like Speedtech has got them in stock. How's the Negative Diff working out BTW?
Been so swamped this week haven't had time for RC at all. Negative diff is still in the package but thanks for the tip on the solid rear.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Front and Rear Universal Driveshafts for V-One RR

Originally posted by racer rich
Hello. I have a question regarding aftermarket universals for the Kyosho V-One RR. A few months ago I was going to purchase a V-One RR, but I decided to see what the new Mugen and Serpent would look like. After seeing their new releases, and not being quite too pleased by their "updates" at all, I have now decided to purchase a V-One RR.

I would like to get aftermarket universals for my soon-to-be V-One RR. I noticed there are 3 manufacturers/types of universals for the V-One RR. Below is the manufacturer of each universal along with a picture of it:

Here is a picture of the Five Stars universals for the V-One RR:

Here is a picture of the "polished" Integy/Eagle universals for the V-One RR:

Here is a picture of the "black" Integy/Eagle universals for the V-One RR:

I would like to have some feedback on these universals. I am looking for universals that are lightweight yet durable. The K-Factory universals on my Reflex are very fragile and bend very easily. I would like to have some more durable units. I believe patelladragger once stated (I am not perfectly sure so don't take this to heart) that the "polished" Integy/Eagle universals are fragile and break easily. Can I have some personal experiences with these universals that are listed and pictured above? Also, I noticed the "black" Integy/Eagle universals sell for $10.00 more than the "polished" Integy/Eagle universals(both are sold at Integy's online shop). I wonder why the difference in price? Which universals on the market for the V-One RR are most durable and provide the best performance?

Thanks in advance!
rich,

I've tried most of the universals including the kyosho ones and those black integy ones are the best quality. They are built like the V1RR rear dogbones with the reinforcement in the center. Don't waste your time with the 19.99 polished integy ones as they're worse than the reflex kfactory uni's in terms of durability.

I have not had the kyosho ones break but some clown sold me a used RR with one kyosho uni snapped and the other warped but I've never been able to do any damage to those black integy uni's. Not that It would be impossible - but it would take something serious to hurt them.

Last edited by patelladragger; 11-18-2002 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Foam tire setup

Hey guys, need your help on a couple of things.

I'm going to run on treated asphalt for the first time in a couple of weeks. Any recommendation for tires? I have the V-1RR. For the front; I have a front one-way, an active diff and a standard diff. I'm running a negative diff in the rear, by far the coolest hop-up I ever put on a car.

I'm a concrete guy, so any basic setup info will be helpful.

Oh, one more thing. Steering servos. To your own experience, what is the most reliable servo out there. I had a hitec digital servo and it tanked. Standard servos aren't strong enough. Airtronics is the brand here in Dallas.

Thanks, in advance, for you help.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

auto where are you going to be running?
Old 11-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Finishline in Hurst.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

As i was setting up the motor off ground, when i noticed the spur gears were having some weird noise of something loose...like the cap screw went loosen the last time...

So did the shaft break in half, or just slip at the end?
Old 11-18-2002, 02:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Not sure what you mean by "locked up".
But, yes I find it strange that Kyosho would put up with, what appears to me, to be a much smaller market share than they could actually attain. And I would expect the US to be a much more significant market than Australia - probably more than ten times bigger.
I can answer that. Great Planes, as a distributor, is very difficult to deal with when it comes to returns or defective items. The profit margins are lower for the LHS. I run a V1RR and everyone wants to know where I got it. I live in the Number 3 state as far as R/C racers in population and the top drivers all run TC3s and Mugens. What do you find most in LHSs? TC3s and Mugens. Oh, a few carry the Trinity Re-Tread. What do you carry on hand in LHS? That which makes you the most profit.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default yes

Originally posted by JordanC

So did the shaft break in half, or just slip at the end?
The shaft broke into halves at brake pulley section...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.