Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 09:39 PM
asd
Tech Addict

alright, thxs anyways
Old 11-02-2002, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
no, hes turning evil! slater, use the touring car force!
lol. nah - I'm not nearly comfortable with 1/8 yet, just gotta change the avatar every now and then.

HAG I tried to buy kev's Mugen but I wasn't quick enough some dude in Cali beat me to it

Just a tip to all you touring car lovers I just tried the X20 sedan that is based off the MG that's running BTCC now, i like Not only is it not a stratus and looks decent but it seems to have more steering and feels balanced. Check this body out when you get a chance.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

where can i check out that body and who makes it?

oh, and, why do some peeps switch to 1/8th? more speed?
Old 11-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Parma makes the one I have but I'm sure fore long you'll see other manufacturers coming out with it.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by calimassive

oh, and, why do some peeps switch to 1/8th? more speed?
I think some peeps switch to 1/8 so they can receive more "insufficient funds" letters in the mail.

Last edited by patelladragger; 11-03-2002 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

thanks Patella for the clarification. I guess Parma doesnt have a website. I tried to Google for it, but couldnt find it.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Default re parma

try

www.parmapse.com

GT

Old 11-03-2002, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

sorry cali- I didn't know you were looking for the url itself. You can also order from leisure-time.com. it's a little cheaper there. here's a shot of mine just mounted yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-x20b.jpg  
Old 11-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Frewer

Yokomo

Racers Edge

a few companies that make these shells, They are about all the same as far as good down force
Yokomo's a little longer, a little better for long tracks, the others seem better suited for tighter tracks (shorter, seems to give more steering).
Old 11-03-2002, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
lol. nah - I'm not nearly comfortable with 1/8 yet, just gotta change the avatar every now and then.

HAG I tried to buy kev's Mugen but I wasn't quick enough some dude in Cali beat me to it .
Sorry 'tella! You got a great deal though on yours! I did some personal best times last night with the new car! The Rody Team C4 I got on E-bay kicks ass!
Old 11-03-2002, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kevink2
Sorry 'tella! You got a great deal though on yours! I did some personal best times last night with the new car! The Rody Team C4 I got on E-bay kicks ass!

no biggie kev, you'll get plenty of my $$ painting bodies don't worry

I did get a smokin deal, I'm NOT complaining. I didn't even know how good the deal was till I just went out callin myself going to buy a backup JP Rex for it NOT!!!!!!!

I saw one on ebay for 600 I'm thinking, man he's sure chargin a lot for that motor, then I went to microRCshop and saw their new price it was double!!!!!!! Then I go back to ebay somebody, that motor was gone in one day (not like I was gonna buy it anyway )

Last edited by patelladragger; 11-03-2002 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kevink2
Yokomo's a little longer, a little better for long tracks, the others seem better suited for tighter tracks (shorter, seems to give more steering).
I haven't ran the racer's edge, but I like the yokomo much better than the frewer. The frewer has too much rear downforce IMO and pushes like a mack truck. It just bleeds so much speed off in the corners I don't like it. Hard to believe those two bodies (yok/frewer) that look so similiar handle so differently but its' there, I've had 2 different frewers mounted and experienced the same effect.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Default bodies/downforce

I agree with the problem of bleeding off too much speed.

I found the lola was the worst culprit for this and went to the Porsche body, The cockpit seems to disipate air a little and I found it not to be nearly as bad, you may have to remove some
lexan for cooling though.

gt

Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-ozzylola2.jpg  
Old 11-03-2002, 02:33 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The Frewer is a knockoff of the Kawahara body. The Yok is slightly lower and longer but is more flexible with thinner lexan.

Anyways, I am thinking about getting the V One R now (or MTX-3) for racing rubber touring. Not parting with my GT4R, just want to try something new. I had my eye set on a NTC3 for a long time but its just not all that great as I thought it would be. I'm going for a stock V One R. Anything in particular I should know about or get? (I plan on picking up a blade type front swaybar and rear swaybar and a set of springs.)
Old 11-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dan
The Frewer is a knockoff of the Kawahara body. The Yok is slightly lower and longer but is more flexible with thinner lexan.

Anyways, I am thinking about getting the V One R now (or MTX-3) for racing rubber touring. Not parting with my GT4R, just want to try something new. I had my eye set on a NTC3 for a long time but its just not all that great as I thought it would be. I'm going for a stock V One R. Anything in particular I should know about or get? (I plan on picking up a blade type front swaybar and rear swaybar and a set of springs.)
Dan, you wan't a new car

I can help you with set up,try me on AIM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.