Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
What is Trinity's deal? Are they some sort of underhanded, wheeling and dealing evil empire? I'm sure Patella was just speculating, but I only seem to hear bad things about Trinity. I'm new to the hobby, so i'm wondering, why does Trinity have such a bad repuation? I mean, other than the fact that they ripped off the V1R to design the Relfex, then claim that they designed it from scratch, which is in itself reason enough to diss Trinity....
Ask Losi what happened to their deal.

Ask Richard Saxton what happened to his Treadz tires company.

Ask Picco how their name went down the drain with the .12s distributed by Trinity.

It appears you haven't been on Trinity Tech Talk where you/your threads get banned and deleted if something makes them look bad. I wonder where all the brushless motor threads go?

As for a manufacturer being president of a sanctioning body. That in my book is a big no no. Who's going to watch the fox in the chicken coop?
Old 10-04-2002, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for filling me in. I see my labeling Trinity "the evil empire" may not have been too far fetched. One word; scary.........
Old 10-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Ask Losi what happened to their deal.

Ask Richard Saxton what happened to his Treadz tires company.

Ask Picco how their name went down the drain with the .12s distributed by Trinity.

It appears you haven't been on Trinity Tech Talk where you/your threads get banned and deleted if something makes them look bad. I wonder where all the brushless motor threads go?

As for a manufacturer being president of a sanctioning body. That in my book is a big no no. Who's going to watch the fox in the chicken coop?
Latest victim: Andy's bodies! A certain Losi guy I know recently told me he'll never run Trinity again.

One of my buddies who races 1/10 pan car (they've also got a good thread going btw), was banned from the TTT site. That's why we all come here, because this forum isn't linked to any manufacturer's.

BTW I was going to post a link to TTT regarding the big E. vs. Ric Wilson for ROAR pres. but it looks like it's already been deleted...
Old 10-04-2002, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default modified engines

hello guys
first iwanted to thank patelladragger and rjl for helping me out with my two speed shaft question,you guys were right it had some play in it thanks.
I got a couple of questions but unfortunately the guys at my lhs are a***holes and can not help me.
I want to buy some modified engines but there are so many choices out there is kinda of confussing,ok are the jp modifieds such as the new jprs12t5s1 any good,how about the rbx12 modified that rcrage.com sells,how about the smeltzmt12,sirios and pixies,how about the stsrs125ports,
I know theres is a lot of questions but i know you guys have been at this hobby longer that i had so im confident you guys can help me out.
oh i forgot how about the new 7 ports ofna?????
i got 2 voner's,1 vonerr,and a gt4 that are just sitting at my garage waiting for some ponies.
also will you guys recomend somebody who makes engine mods,
any help will be really appreciatted thanks guys...
Old 10-04-2002, 10:06 AM
RC
Tech Apprentice

I got a couple of questions but unfortunately the guys at my lhs are a***holes and can not help me.
Ultimate Hobbies?
Old 10-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: modified engines

Originally posted by kaozzlord
hello guys
first iwanted to thank patelladragger and rjl for helping me out with my two speed shaft question,you guys were right it had some play in it thanks.
I want to buy some modified engines but there are so many choices out there is kinda of confussing,ok are the jp modifieds such as the new jprs12t5s1 any good,how about the rbx12 modified that rcrage.com sells,how about the smeltzmt12,sirios and pixies,how about the stsrs125ports,
I know theres is a lot of questions but i know you guys have been at this hobby longer that i had so im confident you guys can help me out.
oh i forgot how about the new 7 ports ofna?????
i got 2 voner's,1 vonerr,and a gt4 that are just sitting at my garage waiting for some ponies.
also will you guys recomend somebody who makes engine mods,
any help will be really appreciatted thanks guys...

I can recommend without hesitation jason bell for engine mods of J-tech. send an email to [email protected] - he can get you in touch with Jason. Bell has been doing engines for a long time.

Jp's are good but not worth the money over stock IMO- not in .12's at least. Jp 21's are the creme of the crop, but .12's - I think they're overpriced. Matter of fact I'm going to sell mine this weekend. I've seen one of those new t5 5 ports, it was fast stock so I dunno what a jp modded one would do.

Smeltz is new and basically copied the most respected engine tuner (on this forum at least) - but who knows his stuff may be fast. I was going to try him but now he's wanting to charge more than Richey did and out of principle I'm not doing that.

I should be going to dallas soon, i'll see if I can catch up with those drag racers down there and see what they're running. I think I saw on their board one guy was running a jp.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC
Ultimate Hobbies?
Yeah I bet! Dude you should be going to Elite in Covina or Speedtech in Walnut! Wassup?!
Old 10-04-2002, 02:12 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Personally I don't know why ppl want moded engines. I would suggest an engine that your LHS has spares for. If you want modified, get out your dremel. I have found little if any difference until you take them to places they should not go. My engines are IFMAR legal and I have yet to be blown away by any of the non legal engines.
I have just sold an R12 to a guy who's 5 port turbo couldn't keep up with my 3 port.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeap ultimate hobbies,they get all mad if you ask them too many questions they are as**holes in my opinion,i've been to elite and pegasus and they are way better,also i would recommend vip hobbies on walnut if im not mistaken they are pretty cool and very helpfull
well guys thanks for you help
Old 10-04-2002, 03:22 PM
RC
Tech Apprentice

I don't know VIP Hobbies, do you have any contact info?
Old 10-04-2002, 04:05 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I have a question. What is the optimum O.D. ratio? I know it varies with tyre wear, but at what split are you guys getting your best times? What ride hight do you have at that tyre diameter?
I was about to publish my own settings but thought I'd better wait till next week.
I haven't started to panic yet even this is going to be the biggest race of my life and there's one of the best in the world racing and I'm running in a new untested engine and I'm short one set of front springs and I only ever blow plugs when I'm running in a new engine and there are going to be a lot of very fast cars there and I've got to go.............
Old 10-04-2002, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rjl
I have a question. What is the optimum O.D. ratio? I know it varies with tyre wear, but at what split are you guys getting your best times? What ride hight do you have at that tyre diameter?
I was about to publish my own settings but thought I'd better wait till next week.
I haven't started to panic yet even this is going to be the biggest race of my life and there's one of the best in the world racing and I'm running in a new untested engine and I'm short one set of front springs and I only ever blow plugs when I'm running in a new engine and there are going to be a lot of very fast cars there and I've got to go.............
Man tough question. Only meaninful data I can give you is this:

Running on a high traction wide sweeping circuit (Brendale in Queensland) with the 27T side pulley I found that a 2mm difference front to rear performed well over 20 minutes. Tire wear over 20 minutes was about .5mm each end
Old 10-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC
I don't know VIP Hobbies, do you have any contact info?
Oh yeah, I just found out about VIP recently... I think it's on Grand Ave., near Mt. Sac. right? The one time I went by, I was too early, so I missed them.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

who makes solid axles front and rear for the V1R/RR?

i just found a solid rear on the K factory site, but, i was told to stear clear of K factory stuff.

Last edited by calimassive; 10-05-2002 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Actually, Kawaharra makes a rear solid axle for the V one R. Must of slipped my mind, sorry. Anyways, what is a "negative diff"? I saw a "negative diff", which was also made by Kawahara.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.