Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

i'm pretty sure hump pack does refer to 3+2 configuration. Treat them right and they last a pretty long time...lol. I haven't had one go bad on me yet. As far as charge time, if like Kevin says you have the epa set correctly on your servos' you can easily get 45 minutes to an hour off a full charge.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:11 PM
asd
Tech Addict

thxs man, do u think the team-orion battery is a good quality one?
or is 1100 mah ocverdoing it on mah servos
Old 09-12-2002, 06:13 PM
asd
Tech Addict

epa?
Old 09-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

whoops - didn't explain. yeah epa = end point adjustment. It is a function most mid to high-level radios have that allow you to control how far your throttle and steering servo will move. If you set it correctly, when you pull the throttle or turn the wheel the epa setting will prevent you from straining the servo by having it continue to put force farther than your linkage will allow it to move. If you don't set epa and your servo keeps exerting force against the linkage past the end point you will drain the battery faster and wear the servo out prematurely. if you have a very powerful throttle servo you can even do damage to the carb (though I've never seen this - only told of it).

I like 1100 mah cause of course you feel confident you'll have enough juice for longer runs. The downside is they are heavier than some of the lightweight 700mah packs out there.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:30 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey, iwas also thinking of getting a new radio
would the futaba 2peka 2 channel fm radio be good enough?, all i ahev rite now is a stinking 2 channel stickam radio, the acoms techniplus!, lol, it doesn't have epa, lol
Old 09-12-2002, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

700mah battery should more than enough to run 45min finals if you set your servo throw to what you need only, and 1100mah that I use it last more than 1 and 1/2 hour for me, that is including 1hr final and qualify.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Uh that's because you had some sort of wheel problem.

So when you be knocking on kevink2's door, what am I suppose to be doing?
I will knock and you can grab him
Old 09-12-2002, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

those Integly wide universals are for the v one rr and the v one r?
front and rear? patella you there?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tl2111
700mah battery should more than enough to run 45min finals if you set your servo throw to what you need only, and 1100mah that I use it last more than 1 and 1/2 hour for me, that is including 1hr final and qualify.
yeah they probably will last that long. I've never had to run one that long before recharging cause I don't use failsafe or voltmeter- only return spring. I just charge after an about an hour to be safe.

calimassive yeah the integy universals will fit voneR and RR though I don't think you need the front - just the rear.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
... if you have a very powerful throttle servo you can even do damage to the carb (though I've never seen this - only told of it).
Yeah I yanked my OS TR carb clean out of the block, then proceeded to crack the insert, overtightening the nut trying to make sure it didn't happen in the main! BTW, if you crack that, you have to buy a whole new carb assembly.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

I will knock and you can grab him
Now I'm really gettin' worried...
Old 09-13-2002, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

I just received my Ofna Automatic Tire Truer and this thing is sweet! Thanks everyone for all your help. I did notice the measurement for the cutting blade is off by a couple of mm, but other than that everything looks fine.

Does anyone know where I can get the wide bumper for the V-One RR? I've tried Tower, but their on back order till the end of the month. I'd like to try and get one a little sooner if possible.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:23 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey, the wide bumper from kawa?
i hear its just for looks and really weak
Old 09-13-2002, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Default Blue Star update

Well after my completely unscientific tests of the team blue star bearings I have to report they're nothing special really. I put some in my VoneR and I really think that properly maintained stock bearings are more free than these. I tested (among other tests) with the front one-way and axle bearings only and I found that the stock bearings which I had pulled one shield and degreased and lubed were MUCH more free rolling than the team blue star. Maintenance doing it this way is a pain but if you're accustomed to breaking your car down it's a noticeable improvement.

Will report on the weight of the kawahara chassis compared to the integy 7075 and the stock this weekend. I'm looking for ways to trim weight out of the car - any ideas?
Old 09-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DCR1TWO
I just received my Ofna Automatic Tire Truer and this thing is sweet! Thanks everyone for all your help. I did notice the measurement for the cutting blade is off by a couple of mm, but other than that everything looks fine.

Does anyone know where I can get the wide bumper for the V-One RR? I've tried Tower, but their on back order till the end of the month. I'd like to try and get one a little sooner if possible.
I get stuff thru some Hong Kong shops, but for 1 item it would be kinda expensive in the shipping department. I think in the US Tower hobbies has the Kyosho market sewn up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.