Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: OK RICH! Here is the bottom line!!!

I would agree about the dogbones for the Rear (they almost NEVER pop out as the wheels stay rigid). However I would recommend the front dogbones be replaced with universals as the front wheels do turn and are more susceptible to impact forces that may lead them to pop out while turning. Before universals in the front, they used to pop out alot. After universals, they have never popped out (I have only broke 1 universal after a year racing that V-ONE R).

Originally posted by dtm

1. English and Japanese instructions with VERY clear pictures!

2. Dogbones...fine for a GP car.....don't be fooled by what option manufacturers try to tell you!

3. Life's a bitch....thats the way things work in RC cars!!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

RACER RICH - Although I have not posted a while, I did read ALL your posts up to this point. Here is the bottom line as you see I own a multitude of V-ONE R's and an RR.

I have compared the Reflex. It is a great car, but to do the whole RR conversion would be alot of headaches. They did not mention in the list all the hardware needed to complete the project (like the balls and long thread screws for the shock ends or the numerous long screws and nuts for the floating rear). To be honest with you, depending on the condition fo your reflex, I sell the Reflex. You can sell it as rolling stock (no engine or electronics) for maybe possibly 150-200 bucks. Then I would buy the RR GT version from HK or Japan. One shop that has them is rcmodel in HK: http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk . He has them for a good price. I have bought from this guy lots of times he is a good dealer. It will cost $300, so you only had to put out $100-150 dollars if you sell the reflex. Transfer your radio and engine into it and have fun!

It is a lot of headaches and frustration to get all the parts and make sure you got the right ones. Is it really worth the time and headaches? I like easy if I were you.

By the way the GT version has all the parts the the regular RR version has. The 2 parts that are included in the RR GT version that is not in the Regular RR version are the long body posts to mount the sedan body and the foam urethane bumper in the front. You can still run the Lola body with the GT version as it comes with the angled front piece and low body posts so you can mount the Lola body.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

RACER RICH - To make it easier here is the exact link to the RR rcmodel is selling. He is selling it for $265 + $40 shipping. Like I said I have ordered alot of things from this guy. He is great. His name is Terence and tell him I sent you. I also buy alot of foams from this guy. Only costs me $17 for both front and wide rears. That is mroe than half the costs it costs for me to get them at the local hobby shop. The drawback is i have to wait to get them, but usually if I order from him on Monday, I get the stuff by Friday.

Here is the firect link to the V-ONE RR GT page he has for sale:

http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshop...exd.asp?id=787
Old 07-12-2002, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by adelmundo

By the way the GT version has all the parts the the regular RR version has. The 2 parts that are included in the RR GT version that is not in the Regular RR version are the long body posts to mount the sedan body and the foam urethane bumper in the front. You can still run the Lola body with the GT version as it comes with the angled front piece and low body posts so you can mount the Lola body.
Cool, thanks for that info adelmundo!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Oh for you original RR lola body owners that want to convert to a GT here are the parts numbers:

VZ098 - Rear long body mount posts (You screw place them on top of the floating body mount short posts and secure them in with the included screws)

VZ022BK - The ol' urethane bumper from the R kits.

Then you just replace the angled body mount for the lola body in front with the front plastic piece that you used for the Original V-ONE R to hold the urethane bumper from the top and the original R body mount posts. And that's it!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

Hey MOON! Yah just been on a long work project that kept me very busy, also bought a new house and had to get that set up, and a bunch of other things. I still race though however, just been too busy tio get on the newsgroups. However I am back finally where I belong. By the way MOON I have yet to find that 15 tooth V-ONE R pinion gear that you posted a pic of. Is it out yet? I am soooo behind on the tech stuff as I haven't gone on the boards to see the news lately. At least my car is racing great. I am currently 2nd in the Sportsman Foam class series points race at my local track here (DELTA RC) and still running the 5 port RB turbo which is Unmodded! (I get almost 9 minutes per pit stop no joking and I out run most cars on the track!). I just have it very well tuned !

I am using 15/19 on my clutch bell !!!!!!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:25 AM
Tech Champion

here is the 15/19 i have on my clutch.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-v1rr-full-view-01.jpg  
Old 07-12-2002, 04:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default HEY ART!!

Art I did mention the hardware he would need to complete the job of converting reflex to VoneRR status. Rich is just hardheaded! Oh and by the way ART, when you gonna help me get my VoneRR, Reflex, Impact, Storm Pro, and 1/5th scale Bergonzoni Brave running right!!

Andre'
Hope the house move went smooth!!
Old 07-12-2002, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default V-1-RR

Manticore what motor is that on your car. How big is the track your racing at with 15-19 pin. Thanks Tone
Old 07-12-2002, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: V-1-RR

Originally posted by tone
Manticore what motor is that on your car. How big is the track your racing at with 15-19 pin. Thanks Tone
it is a 5 ports S5 on my V1RR. the track is a big one. Is that the answer you want?
Old 07-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: V-1-RR

MOON - Do you have the part number for the 15 tooth pinion? I would try to make an order from the HK shop I get my parts from. I don't think they have the 15 tootjh here in the US yet. Thanks!

Originally posted by Manticore

it is a 5 ports S5 on my V1RR. the track is a big one. Is that the answer you want?
Old 07-12-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: V-1-RR

MOON - Do you have the part number for the 15 tooth pinion? I would try to make an order from the HK shop I get my parts from. I don't think they have the 15 tootjh here in the US yet. Thanks!

which shop you are going to order from?? be very careful. some of the online shops are risky !!!

I recommend you to order the parts from harmony.

I will get their home page address for you later on.

I dont have the part number but the shops here may get what you want but you need to give your specific parts name and model run on.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: V-1-RR

Originally posted by Manticore

which shop you are going to order from?? be very careful. some of the online shops are risky !!!

I recommend you to order the parts from harmony.

I will get their home page address for you later on.

I dont have the part number but the shops here may get what you want but you need to give your specific parts name and model run on.
Manitcore- Maybe you can recommend me an online mail order shop in Hong Kong too. I will be purchasing a V-OneRR soon and some parts for it, so I need a good and reputable shop to order from.

What do you think of rcmodel.com.hk ? What do you think of the Hong Kong Radio Control Centre ? Have you ever dealt with these shops before or know anyone who has?

Also, I have a question about the Kyosho V-One RR 3D Centax Clutch and how it compares to the Kawahara Micro SS Centax Clutch.

How does the 3D Centax Clutch compare to the Kawahara Micro SS Centax Clutch? Which clutch will give the lowest mounted engine for best possible CG? Which clutch uses the smallest engine mounts (lowest in height) and the smallest diameter flywheel?

Which clutch has the widest range of adjustments and "holds" its settings best? I read on here that the Mugen Centax Clutch has a wider range of adjustments than the Kawahara Centax Clutch. How does the Kyosho V-One RR 3D Clutch compare to the Mugen Centax Clutch?

Also, I think think the Kawahara is a "4-shoe" Centax Clutch. Is the Kyosho 3D Clutch a "4-shoe" Centax clutch as well? I think the 3D centax clutch is a "3-shoe" clutch design. Is a "4-shoe" centax clutch design better than a "3-shoe" cenax clutch design?

Which clutch weighs lighter? Which clutch weighs heavier?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I was thinking of purchasing the Kawahara Centax Clutch for my Reflex, but since the V-One RR comes with a Centax Clutch I think it may not be needed. But if the Kawahara unit is a better design and yields better performance then I might have to look into purchasing the Kawahara Clutch.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by racer rich; 07-12-2002 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: V-1-RR

Originally posted by racer rich

Manitcore- Maybe you can recommend me an online mail order shop in Hong Kong too. I will be purchasing a V-OneRR soon and some parts for it, so I need a good and reputable shop to order from.

What do you think of rcmodel.com.hk ? What do you think of the Hong Kong Radio Control Centre ? Have you ever dealt with these shops before or know anyone who has?

Also, I have a question about the Kyosho V-One RR 3D Centax Clutch and how it compares to the Kawahara Micro SS Centax Clutch.

How does the 3D Centax Clutch compare to the Kawahara Micro SS Centax Clutch? Which clutch will give the lowest mounted engine for best possible CG? Which clutch uses the smallest engine mounts (lowest in height) and the smallest diameter flywheel?

Which clutch has the widest range of adjustments and "holds" its settings best? I read on here that the Mugen Centax Clutch has a wider range of adjustments than the Kawahara Centax Clutch. How does the Kyosho V-One RR 3D Clutch compare to the Mugen Centax Clutch?

Also, I think think the Kawahara is a "4-shoe" Centax Clutch. Is the Kyosho 3D Clutch a "4-shoe" Centax clutch as well? I think the 3D centax clutch is a "3-shoe" clutch design. Is a "4-shoe" centax clutch design better than a "3-shoe" cenax clutch design?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I was thinking of purchasing the Kawahara Centax Clutch for my Reflex, but since the V-One RR comes with a Centax Clutch I think it may not be needed. But if the Kawahara unit is a better design and yields better performance then I might have to look into purchasing the Kawahara Clutch.

Thanks in advance!
the hk online shops are different from those in US. they dont keep stock but actually act as a middle man. mark up and sell with high shipping cost.

I recommend Harmony or Jet. Harmony is not a virtual shop so it actually keeps stock of lots of different products. Jet is an importer and they only keep some of the products which they only imports. you can go to www.jethobby.com and check it out.

as i said, I will post Harmony web address later on.

I have both SS clutch for V1RR and MTX2 but I havent tested them yet.

as for 3 flyweight Vs 4 flyweight. I prefer 4 pcs i.e. both my V1RR and MTX2 have Mugen centax clutch on it.

I didnt mean the Kyosho 3D clutch is not good but not as good as Mugen clutch. besides. parts for Mugen clutch is much cheaper.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: V-1-RR

To answer some of your questions:

The Kawahara has a smaller flywheel and also lowers the engine as well. It uses a smaller diameter flywheel and lower engine mounts than the Kyosho one. The Kawahara will give you less rotating mass overall and I think it is also lighter.

As far as holding settings better that i don't know if the Kyosho holds better than the Kawahara. I haven't noticed it myself.

If I were you I would stick to using the Kyosho 3D one. It is a great Centax. Hasn't given me any problems. So get the RR and have fun!

By the way if you do keep your Reflex, they now have a Centax for it I believe.

Originally posted by racer rich

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.