Caster Racing ZX-1R

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caster Racing ZX-1R

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

I just wanted to say hello everybody. Cam,ed,marcus and anybody else with team caster or with this thread that I might have missed. I'm new to this thread, and I'm very curious to see what the future holds for caster racing. I see them as being a major player in the 08' season. Good luck to ALL!!! Troy
Old 11-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

What up Troy, I'm new here too but welcome.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Race

Last edited by Rhyz77; 01-24-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

sounds good, I'm sure I will be in touch with you soon
Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good Ed. I've been in contact with cam and he's been really telling me some great this with caster. It looks like I'll be putting the buggy and truggy to the test in 08'. I'm really looking forward to running both in this years east coast pro series as well as any other major events I can fit in my schedual.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Caster downunder

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
how are the Caster ZX1Truggies coming along?? and how much do they retail for here in Australia?
Hi Dirt racer, You can contact Auswide in Penrith Sydney for pricing of Caster cars and parts as they are stocked up. Theres a bit of buzz out Penrith way about Caster and also a few have been popping up at liverpool off road meets, in recent times. I know that there will be a few at the next liverpool meeting if you want to see any in action come out and say Gidday, were a friendly bunch.

Cheers
Alex.K
Old 11-23-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah !!! Nice to see the Caster revival

2008 here we come !!!
Old 11-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

alright sweet, yea i saw one of the guys at Livo recently race the truggy but didnt get to see much,to busy sorting my buggy out.

just checked the Auswide hobbies web page and they dont have caster listed.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Team

Last edited by Rhyz77; 01-24-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hhmmm... feedback eh?

hiya folks,

i can't say ima a huge fan of the caster buggy. i have an early pro model and everything about it was wrong.

it could only go fast (i agree that it does go faster then my mugen, with same engine and all) as long as the parts held up, and they didn't hold up very long.

I've had to run mugen diffs, mugen cvds on the buggy cos even the holes in which the drive-hex pins go into were drilled off centre!

I've always thought of giving it another try, but the prospect of buying more parts (which may possibly be ill-machined or of inferior materials) gives my wallet the spidey-sense.

all in, there are claims that caster has better materials and better machining now... but really, do you wanna risk your money?

i hope that caster did do a good job, i did enjoy my caster buggy while it worked, unfortunately, it was a money sink. the more parts i bought, the more it broke down...

and that's my honest feedback, until i get new parts to test it out.

cheerio!

-alexander
Old 11-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Foampervert

Sorry you had a bad experience with the older buggy. You must have had one from like 1-2 years ago, because the new pro buggies and now the new factory buggies are top notch as far as the materials are concern, and that is my honest opinion as I have never ran the older versions of the buggies. Lets just keep this forum to the newer products that he has out and anything anyone else can think of. Also, anyone can contact me at 5154323715 if they want to order from the usa, and the website will be done by monday with all the correct prices in the system.

cam
teamcasterracing
Old 11-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Troy, Marcus and I are planning on going to this race in Feb

http://www.psychonitroblast.com/RACE%20INFO.html

you should try to make it with us.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by foampervert
hiya folks,

i can't say ima a huge fan of the caster buggy. i have an early pro model and everything about it was wrong.

it could only go fast (i agree that it does go faster then my mugen, with same engine and all) as long as the parts held up, and they didn't hold up very long.

I've had to run mugen diffs, mugen cvds on the buggy cos even the holes in which the drive-hex pins go into were drilled off centre!

I've always thought of giving it another try, but the prospect of buying more parts (which may possibly be ill-machined or of inferior materials) gives my wallet the spidey-sense.

all in, there are claims that caster has better materials and better machining now... but really, do you wanna risk your money?

i hope that caster did do a good job, i did enjoy my caster buggy while it worked, unfortunately, it was a money sink. the more parts i bought, the more it broke down...

and that's my honest feedback, until i get new parts to test it out.

cheerio!

-alexander
Ive been running Caster buggies from the beginning with the first ZX-1 RTR and then went on to the ZX-1 Pro and while i have to agree they were in need of better quality parts i can tell confidently that the new range of ZX-1R kits are on a whole new level.

In the last 7-9 months Caster has been under new ownership and they have made a concerted effort to improve the products and boy have they done a great job.

Keep a eye on this thread and on rc news, its a new day for Casterracing.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like A plan. All I need to do is take sunday off from work. I normally only have fri and sat off. Shouldn't be a problem though. Either u or marcus can call me for the final details. Troy
Old 11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

re270,...... did you see they are having a 24 hr practice session!!!! Kewl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.