2008 Florida Winternats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Florida Winternats

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Congrats to Ralph Burch for winning the A in sedan....and a way to go to Paul , Barry and Bobby in making the show as well. I know all four of these guys had there cars dialed all week, and anyone of them could have made the podium. It's amazing to watch these guys them Xrays.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Yes I agree, everytime Ralf goes in it takes 18+ secs and Paolo takes 22+ secs. Quick! someone lend his pitman a fuel gun!!!
Wasn't the pitmans fault. The zip tie broke on Paolo's car. Unfortunately, things like that happen in racing. Really a great job by Paolo and Team Serpent though.

In any case, congrats to Ralph and Team XRAY on the win!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

A brief report with final results for all Mains is now posted on SGrid Online, www.sgrid.com. Photos will need to wait until later tonight or tomorrow, when
I get back to Miami.

There are several hundred photos, including "burst" sequences of the start of
each A-Main, chassis photos for many of the faster cars, and shots of all the winners. It should all be "up" by mid-day Monday at the latest.

Again, if anyone has problems accessing the photos, please just send an email to "mikem @ rc-racing.com". They're in "flash" format, which means you need a flash viewer to see them, but that allows you to sit back and watch them all as an automated slide show.

The full race report will be published in an upcoming issue of RC Car Magazine.

Congratulations to the winners, and to the "Red Cup Racing Team" who put on such a wonderful event!!! (The Red Cup Team Photo will also be posted shortly, both on SGrid Online and here.)
Old 02-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

To answer a question several people have asked, if your subscription expired and you want to see the report and photos, please send me an email at the above address. The automated renewal feature never got finished, so all this is done manually.

I'll be posting several of the photos here as well, but that's got to wait until I get back to Miami and download about 3 gigabytes of images from my memory cards... :-)
Old 02-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ralph's car

Old 02-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikemyers
To answer a question several people have asked, if your subscription expired and you want to see the report and photos, please send me an email at the above address. The automated renewal feature never got finished, so all this is done manually.

I'll be posting several of the photos here as well, but that's got to wait until I get back to Miami and download about 3 gigabytes of images from my memory cards... :-)
check your email....
Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teamgp
Wasn't the pitmans fault. The zip tie broke on Paolo's car. Unfortunately, things like that happen in racing. Really a great job by Paolo and Team Serpent though.
Yes, unfortuhately things like that happen. Great job considering ...

In any case, congrats to Ralph and Team XRAY on the win!
Well done Team Xray, well represented in the final, testifying how easy the car is.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default toso

Hey whats up Kurt, we missed you this year! Chris did break in warm ups before a-main racer introductions but we fixed it in time to start regular warm ups. earlier in the week in the first qualilifer chris was on a 26 lap pace with a minute to go and the car ran away in front of the drivers stand, tore up my fingers real good getting it stopped. he changed the receiver and I put a new plug on the battery. was fine the rest of the week. so we started 7th in the main He got a good start was fourth at the end of the straight coming back through the short shoot it stayed wide open and slammed the wall by the carosel and ended upside down in the sweeper wide open till it ran out of fuel from being upside down. We figure out it was the other side of the plug coming from the receiver. Motor is still good though amazingly enough. bad luck pretty much the whole day, in the sedan class he had a wheel come off , I checked them during introduction and they were tight. some days things just don't go you way. anyways hope to see you soon Peter Breton
Old 02-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Slight correction to some posts up above.... it was written that Paolo's pitman was taking forever for refueling in the .12 Sedan A-Main, and that he should use a fuel gun. Actually, Gianni is plenty fast. If you read the article last year on SGrid, I had a write-up and photo showing how they had rigged up a tie strap to quickly open up the fuel tank lid when the car was picked up for refueling. Worked like a charm. ...but this time the tie-strap broke, making it very difficult to refuel the car quickly, and be sure to fill the tank completely.

I'll re-post the photo, as it's a slick way to speed up the pitting process... but I'm guessing from now on they'll be using a new tie-strap for every race. At any rate, Gianni was doing the best he could under difficult circumstances.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Old 02-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
Hey whats up Kurt, we missed you this year! Chris did break in warm ups before a-main racer introductions but we fixed it in time to start regular warm ups. earlier in the week in the first qualilifer chris was on a 26 lap pace with a minute to go and the car ran away in front of the drivers stand, tore up my fingers real good getting it stopped. he changed the receiver and I put a new plug on the battery. was fine the rest of the week. so we started 7th in the main He got a good start was fourth at the end of the straight coming back through the short shoot it stayed wide open and slammed the wall by the carosel and ended upside down in the sweeper wide open till it ran out of fuel from being upside down. We figure out it was the other side of the plug coming from the receiver. Motor is still good though amazingly enough. bad luck pretty much the whole day, in the sedan class he had a wheel come off , I checked them during introduction and they were tight. some days things just don't go you way. anyways hope to see you soon Peter Breton
You can't believe how much I missed not being there this year Peter. Ft. Myers was on my mind all week man. Will u be making the US Open Champ. at Kissimmee in April? I'm contemplating whether or not I should attend this year, but there are a couple big races that I want to attend so have to check the budget and see. Oh, I hope all u guys come up to 301 Raceway this year for the Capitol Classic in June....it's gonna be a big one. Tell Robert I said wsup.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

When can we expect to see more pics of the event?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

I've just downloaded about 600 images. I'll have several galleries posted by sometime this evening (or early tomorrow) and will post several of them here as well.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default race

i would like 2 say good job MIKEY & RALPH also good job to TONY THOMPSON good job on your 1st winter/nats apperance & of course POPA EUGENE OSBORNE good 2 see all you guys again in FLA. oh yeah CHUCK MOON hope 2 see all of you & more at 301 capitol classic can i get a RAY WOODS sighting at the classic get things lined up ( ROOKIE)soloartist baby out

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 02-19-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

Gallery,
as soon iam all set with my work I will make a gallery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.