Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm looking for a nice clean fuel tube routing recommendation on my R I'm assembling. Seen some guys running 2 fuel filters? Pictures would definately help.

Thanks in advance, Chad
Old 08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i don't think they are running two filters ones a filter and one is a pressure chamber to regulate the pulses from the engine

this is what u want
part number B0116

this is my setup

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 08-05-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

On my setup I run the fuel line backwards of what I see there (fuel feed line runs along the outside of the tank and around the carb neck with the carb feed-nipple facing the other way). I would be nervous of the spur gear there. Lightly sand a spot on the tank and you can permanently glue the clips to the tank and control the positions of the lines better.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

this seems like a great buggy!!!!!! ive been thinking about changing over to the MBX5R being im so happy with my MBX5T....
Old 08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

it is a real nice buggy ay IMO best buggy going but every top of the line buggy is capable it just personal choice really i just love how easy it is to drive nothing like the 8ight you can throw this thing round really well and it just asks for more not twitchy at all and it just soaks up the rough really well better than other buggy's IMO
Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Magbarn. I would say the C6 with the 92 header 2045 pipe combo. I love that setup. The Mugen is a heavy car so for me personally I like all the punch and power I can get. I ran electric for 15 years in the mod classes so I like power. I run the above with alum. shoes, 1.1 clutch springs 13 tooth bell with 48 spur. And that is quite a bit punch. I have not got onto a really big track with my 48 on yet, So i really cant comment on how it will affect the top end. but I do know for our somewhat small outdoor track (approx. 115 foot long) it does just fine and it was a big difference in the bottom punch. Anyways thats what I would do. I have always thought it is easier to have to much motor and calm everything down than to need more and not have it. Hope that helps
Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
On my setup I run the fuel line backwards of what I see there (fuel feed line runs along the outside of the tank and around the carb neck with the carb feed-nipple facing the other way). I would be nervous of the spur gear there. Lightly sand a spot on the tank and you can permanently glue the clips to the tank and control the positions of the lines better.
David- did you get a Mugen yet?

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
this seems like a great buggy!!!!!! ive been thinking about changing over to the MBX5R being im so happy with my MBX5T....
Glad to hear it!!!! I love my MBX5R! When I get the RC8 My dad and I are still keeping the Mugen. I wish I could try an MBX5T
I had a Rb Concepts WS7-3 modded by Rb Mods in my Mugen. OS 2050 pipe. 9 minutes on a tank of fuel and that thing SCREAMED!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Lord

Yes Brad, I attempted to run it at the Reedsburg race this weekend but we were rained out. I got to run about half a qualifier and put up 4th fastest single lap so I know the car is good. I just had the classic new car gremlins. A wheel fell off during warm up (my fault, didn't check the nuts..) and when I got it back on I discovered that the glow plug in my engine had done it's last start one start before . I'm looking forward to running it again but the next two weeks are out for me. Work stuff..
Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just had the classic new car gremlins. A wheel fell off during warm up (my fault, didn't check the nuts..)
I have had chronic problems with the wheel nuts falling off. Make sure you loctite those bastards on.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

It was a total rookie error on my part. The wheels were brand new that morninig and I didn't re-check them after they settled in.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well fellas after a short stint with the Losi 8ight I'm back here in the Mugen camp. Building the R reminds me of how nice this car is. Sure is nice to have longevity on our side.

Has anyone tried the Losi clutch on their Mugens? It's a very good clutch, I kind of wanted to try one on this car...
Old 08-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

It was a total rookie error on my part. The wheels were brand new that morninig and I didn't re-check them after they settled in.
ya, I guess I've been a rookie for a long time Get em tight!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes Brad, I attempted to run it at the Reedsburg race this weekend but we were rained out. I got to run about half a qualifier and put up 4th fastest single lap so I know the car is good. I just had the classic new car gremlins. A wheel fell off during warm up (my fault, didn't check the nuts..) and when I got it back on I discovered that the glow plug in my engine had done it's last start one start before . I'm looking forward to running it again but the next two weeks are out for me. Work stuff..

He said check the nuts ... sorry couldnt resist
Old 08-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm kinda leaning towards the C6 as I already have one in one of my truggy's and it will make maintenance easier as I can share connecting rods/bearings and such. I actually thinking about running the 48 spur/13 bell/ & MBX5T diff gears to give me serious punch. Might even be too much torque lol. I believe the 8's are still geared lower.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Lord

I think you'll still find a C6 to be nearly uncontrollable in a buggy. They also get poor milage. All that power comes from burning a bunch of fuel. I would check to see if parts from the WS7x3's are compatible if that's really important but RB's are known to be pretty burst proof.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.