Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Screw the tools!, I want that trick lightened MTX-2 chassis next to them.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Screw the tools!, I want that trick lightened MTX-2 chassis next to them.
WTF

It looks awesome, and it looks a MTX chassis - yeeeeppieeee

Last edited by Michael_T; 02-15-2002 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: rear camber link

Originally posted by PeterAiea
any tips on what parts to use for an adjustable rear camber link?

I used a Yokomo tie rod... it works fine.... I did have to trim the ball cups a bit.

Or you can probably use the tie rods for the Kyosho GP10 or TF series

There is a set of super small lundsfords IF you can find them.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-2-smallmvc-061x.jpg  
Old 02-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: rear camber link

Originally posted by PeterAiea
any tips on what parts to use for an adjustable rear camber link?
Peter I replied in the HPI forum.
Old 02-16-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb Kawahara 2 speed

I need to know the correct way to install this 2 speed. I guess where i have the most difficulty is the 2 balls and the grub screws. Do you screw the grub screw all the way down till it pins the balls down? I think the screws with the springs attached is for the 2 speed ajustment. Am i correct?? Is there a site that has detail install? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Kawahara 2 speed

Originally posted by VinDollar
I need to know the correct way to install this 2 speed. I guess where i have the most difficulty is the 2 balls and the grub screws. Do you screw the grub screw all the way down till it pins the balls down? I think the screws with the springs attached is for the 2 speed ajustment. Am i correct?? Is there a site that has detail install? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

These in the center wih the balls are to hold the 2 shoes onto the metal center piece and to adjust the air gap between the shoes and the outer aluminum shell. Assemble the pieces and onto the shaft and make sure the shell spins free. Turn one of set screws till the shoe just touches the outer shell. Turn the screw 1/4 or so turn opposite way so the shell is free to spin. Do the same on the other side. Now the air gap between the 2 shoes and the aluminum shell is set. The other set screws with the springs are to adjust the shift point. I started with bottomed and then 3-1/2 turns out. You need to adjust these according to your car. These screws also need to be turn equally.
Old 02-16-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Cool Kawahara 2-Speed???

Hey Sydewynder

On this 2-Speed what are the size of the bearings that go into it??? I'm adapting it to fit my Yokomo GT-4R, I know that the I.D. is the same as the Yokomo, but the O.D. is larger. Could you give me the size.

Your info is really going to help me(pre-post). No instructions when I got this 2-Speed setup.

Thanks

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 02-16-2002, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Kawahara 2-Speed???

Originally posted by bgotori
Hey Sydewynder

On this 2-Speed what are the size of the bearings that go into it??? I'm adapting it to fit my Yokomo GT-4R, I know that the I.D. is the same as the Yokomo, but the O.D. is larger. Could you give me the size.

Your info is really going to help me(pre-post). No instructions when I got this 2-Speed setup.

Thanks

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
BG

I'll look at it when I get home and let you know.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Hey Sydewynder

Thanks for looking... Waiting with baited breath for your reply

Keep the Rubber(or Foam)on the Road!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 02-17-2002, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Servo Saver

Originally posted by VinDollar
Hey Guys

I have a problem with my steering. My car seems to wander on long sweeper as though i have a weak servo in it. For example i can see the wheels move back from full lock to i guess the 3/4 of the throw in a twiching manner. I'm running a futaba 9252 digital servo so i know thats not the problem. Could it be the servo saver?? I have no idea. It's the only thing i could think of. Are the stock servo savers reliable. Should i upgrade to something better? or am i way off on my assuption. I run a diff in the front also, maybe that have something to do with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have been using the Serpent 1/8th saver for over a year. It has a metal hub and is extremely durable. No mods required.

Are you sure your steering isn't too responsive and your not oversteering?
Old 02-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Can anybody tell me the difference between the MT12 and the MT12 turbo motor. I have two MTX-2's, one has a regular style glow plug with the brass washer the other has no washer and a taper at the bottom of the plug. is one motor better than the other?
Old 02-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by crowmaxx
[B]Can anybody tell me the difference between the MT12 and the MT12 turbo motor. I have two MTX-2's, one has a regular style glow plug with the brass washer the other has no washer and a taper at the bottom of the plug. is one motor better than the other?

crowmaxx: I have run and modified 6 MT12s and 2 MT12 turbos...the differences between the two are: turbo button/C5Tc turbo plug, better quality crankshaft bearings, single flute on the counterweight at the rear of the crankshaft (ROAR legal) for the
MT12 turbo engine....otherwise, they are the same. I have
evaluated the two side by side and found that the only
performance difference that I have found is that the turbo will
rev slightly more....that's it. In modifying MT12 engines, I have
found that the most important factors in performance are
intake, transfer and exhaust timing, port shaping and compression....except for the items that I noted in the beginning,
the two engines are IDENTICAL....so, to answer your question,
the two engines are top notch racing engines in their own right,
but, for all practical purposes, they are the same...
If you need a second opinion, contact "motorman"...
Old 02-18-2002, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do the Kawahara derlin steering knuckles have enough clearance for 26mm tires? Also read in earlier posts that some use Yokomo rims have enough offset to clear the stock stock steering knuckles. Also if the Yokomo rims do clear which compound most use front and back?
Old 02-18-2002, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Hey Sydewynder

Sent you a PM, but your box is Full. I can't find the info on the Kawahara 2-Speed bearings. What Forum an Thread??? Looked all over but can't find it???

Thanks

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 02-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Futaba 3VC

Hi,

Looking for the best place to purchase a Futaba 3VC 40mhz stick transmitter set for my MTX-2.

Any good online suppliers?

Is anybody running this transmitter? & what do they think.

All the best

Click, Dublin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.