Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore

I dont think it is necessary !! the stock arms are beefed enough.
Man this BB is so quick. Posts and responses are immediate!
Old 10-05-2001, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi

Man this BB is so quick. Posts and responses are immediate!
oh yes !
Old 10-05-2001, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Where did u guys here that Mugen were testing or using this new material?
Other people who run MTX-2s.

I've broken rear arms. I've noticed that they seem to happen as the temperature goes down at the end of the day. Funny, also seem to happen after I put the shims in to reduce the slop. Ran the car for the first 1/2 yr and only broke a front knuckle. Now I'm breaking rear arms.
Old 10-05-2001, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Other people who run MTX-2s.

I've broken rear arms. I've noticed that they seem to happen as the temperature goes down at the end of the day. Funny, also seem to happen after I put the shims in to reduce the slop. Ran the car for the first 1/2 yr and only broke a front knuckle. Now I'm breaking rear arms.
it is not because of the temp. It is the time. You eye sight become poor at the end of the day and you kill you rear arms.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

it is not because of the temp. It is the time. You eye sight become poor at the end of the day and you kill you rear arms.
LOL
Old 10-05-2001, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Could be Manticore but I wasn't doing it earlier in the year when it was summer so I dunno???
Old 10-05-2001, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Could be Manticore but I wasn't doing it earlier in the year when it was summer so I dunno???
excuses, excuses LOL
Old 10-05-2001, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

excuses, excuses LOL
Frankly I do have poor eye sight at the end of the day cuz I am getting old !!

Normally during the end of the day I can only see my car as a Dot running all over the track but I can still manage to pass the other dots !!
Old 10-05-2001, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Well Novarossi I could take the safe line like everyone else and take twice as long to do a lap but that just ain't me. Gotta scrape the body at those apexes you know.

Manticore

Paint your car bright yellow. BTW I will find you one day. I'll hold a big sign with MANTICORE when I'm in the MK area hobby stores. LOL
Old 10-05-2001, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

Well Novarossi I could take the safe line like everyone else and take twice as long to do a lap but that just ain't me. Gotta scrape the body at those apexes you know.

Manticore

Paint your car bright yellow. BTW I will find you one day. I'll hold a big sign with MANTICORE when I'm in the MK area hobby stores. LOL
Ha ! dont need to do that. Just tell me when you come to Hong Kong and let me show you to the track !
Old 10-05-2001, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

Moon, what'd you pay for that diff in HK? I've been playing with my oneway setup, and have found 10,000 wt oil in a rear diff seems to work better than the solid rear. With the solid, I can't keep the rear behind the car.

Fok, Mugen changed the plastic to make it softer a little over a year AFTER the mtx-2 had been released. I have one of the "original" cars, and the arms were so brittle that I could not brush a board, car or take any type of hit without breaking an arm or knuckle. I was told by Mugen that the plastic was made harder so that it would not flex, which was supposed to keep the suspension settings more constant. After many nasty e-mails and phone calls to mugen, they finally acknowledged "the compound may be more brittle than originally anticipated" and that they were changing the compound to a softer material. I've only broken 1 arm since they changed the compound. I have noticed that the plastic is very sensitive to the cold weather though. Some of the other MTXs break very easy when the temp starts getting below 45F (I'm normally not running when it's cold, lol). If they've changed the compound again, I haven't heard, but I'll try to catch up with Robbie Collins today and see what he says.
Old 10-05-2001, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tekrsq
Moon, what'd you pay for that diff in HK? I've been playing with my oneway setup, and have found 10,000 wt oil in a rear diff seems to work better than the solid rear. With the solid, I can't keep the rear behind the car.

Fok, Mugen changed the plastic to make it softer a little over a year AFTER the mtx-2 had been released. I have one of the "original" cars, and the arms were so brittle that I could not brush a board, car or take any type of hit without breaking an arm or knuckle. I was told by Mugen that the plastic was made harder so that it would not flex, which was supposed to keep the suspension settings more constant. After many nasty e-mails and phone calls to mugen, they finally acknowledged "the compound may be more brittle than originally anticipated" and that they were changing the compound to a softer material. I've only broken 1 arm since they changed the compound. I have noticed that the plastic is very sensitive to the cold weather though. Some of the other MTXs break very easy when the temp starts getting below 45F (I'm normally not running when it's cold, lol). If they've changed the compound again, I haven't heard, but I'll try to catch up with Robbie Collins today and see what he says.
I paid approx. US$75 for the kawahara diff. I put lube rather then diff oil inside the kawahara diff as the diff will become stiffer under high rpm.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Just got the bargin of the centry of a retired racer (John H)

Mugen Shock Oil
and Kit bottle 600

and

Mugen Diff Oil
5000wt
10,000wt

Only the 5000wt oil has been used slightly, rest are brand new

All for $19AUS which works out to be about $8 US for 7 new bottles

Yeeeeeeeeppppppiiieeeee
Old 10-05-2001, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Just got the bargin of the centry of a retired racer (John H)
I still can't believe he retired.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Sydewynder

Does that diff come in the pro spec kit?

No, it comes with the standard rear diff. That kinda bummed me, so I've been on the fence about getting one. If I can get the Kawahara diff, then it makes the decision a lot easier for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.