Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SHARP
Really mean what? Mean to be rude to me! Was my post wrong?
You are right, Manticore was asking me how I like the 2speed!

In fact I like the Kawahara 2 speed very much, when it shift it doesnt have to jerk to the car very smooth in deed! really depends on how the track is set up! the track that I run my car has some short straight and a nice highspeed sweeper so some times it would shift right in the middle of the sweeper and short straight so when it shifts it is much smoother and doesnt jerk and make the rear end stable compare with the finger type 2 speed! other than that the finger type 2nd speed works just as good!
Old 01-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Grrrr thats the problem, the Oz dealer will not bring part T0701 in for me!?! If anyone can get hold of one for me and will mail it to me I will pay well!!!!
I have the O.S. engine nut TO704 - which fits on O.S. CVR

The TO701 is for the Novarossi CX12

So it depends on Which motor you want to put it on as the shafts are slightly different.

The O.S. has 5mm thread on the end of the crank shaft,

while Novarossi motors have a 5mm stud screwed into an internal thread on the end of the crank shaft.

It looks like the O.S. nut would fit on both but the flywheel would be out 5 to 10mm further on the Novarossi so you would have to sort out the alignment of the motor.

So let me know and I may be able to help you.
Old 01-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by muugen

I have the O.S. engine nut TO704 - which fits on O.S. CVR

The TO701 is for the Novarossi CX12

So it depends on Which motor you want to put it on as the shafts are slightly different.

The O.S. has 5mm thread on the end of the crank shaft,

while Novarossi motors have a 5mm stud screwed into an internal thread on the end of the crank shaft.

It looks like the O.S. nut would fit on both but the flywheel would be out 5 to 10mm further on the Novarossi so you would have to sort out the alignment of the motor.

So let me know and I may be able to help you.
I basically want to attach a Mugen centax clutch to a novarossi standard shaft engine. Of the T0704 would work that would be great, got some pics??
Old 01-10-2002, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

I basically want to attach a Mugen centax clutch to a novarossi standard shaft engine. Of the T0704 would work that would be great, got some pics??
Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer

I found the part that you want! Mugen T0701, I have seen it myself too! I really think it would fit onto Novarossi engine the convert a standard shaft to SG!

Seems to me you will have to take the crank shaft out then remove the the short threaded shaft(like an inch long) then replace it with the new shaft!

PM me if you still need this part! have you ever thought of getting a new SG crank? I have seen one yesterday, for Mugen MT12 and it cost $3X?
Old 01-10-2002, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Ah10...did you get a new crankshaft for your MT??
Old 01-10-2002, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by got_speed?
Ah10...did you get a new crankshaft for your MT??
Nope I have no need for one!
Old 01-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ah10

Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer Calling AMGRacer

I found the part that you want! Mugen T0701, I have seen it myself too! I really think it would fit onto Novarossi engine the convert a standard shaft to SG!

Seems to me you will have to take the crank shaft out then remove the the short threaded shaft(like an inch long) then replace it with the new shaft!

PM me if you still need this part! have you ever thought of getting a new SG crank? I have seen one yesterday, for Mugen MT12 and it cost $3X?
Thanks Ah10!! The "old man" has already worked his magic (in HK) and has sourced one for me. I am positive it will work because I took the shaft out of my RS12 before I put it into the car. So I will loctite this thing in place with some red and hopefully will have a SG crank for less than $3x I will take some pics when I do this so everyone can see what I am talking about!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Ah10!! The "old man" has already worked his magic (in HK) and has sourced one for me. I am positive it will work because I took the shaft out of my RS12 before I put it into the car. So I will loctite this thing in place with some red and hopefully will have a SG crank for less than $3x I will take some pics when I do this so everyone can see what I am talking about!!!
who who? i need some magic too !
Old 01-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Ah10

You are right, Manticore was asking me how I like the 2speed!

In fact I like the Kawahara 2 speed very much, when it shift it doesnt have to jerk to the car very smooth in deed! really depends on how the track is set up! the track that I run my car has some short straight and a nice highspeed sweeper so some times it would shift right in the middle of the sweeper and short straight so when it shifts it is much smoother and doesnt jerk and make the rear end stable compare with the finger type 2 speed! other than that the finger type 2nd speed works just as good!
Thanks Ah10, I thought I had upset Manticore! Maybe I have.
Does Kawahara have their own website, or any website with pics and info on their products? Thanks again.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by SHARP

Thanks Ah10, I thought I had upset Manticore! Maybe I have.
Does Kawahara have their own website, or any website with pics and info on their products? Thanks again.
http://www.j-net-c.com/kawahara/
Old 01-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Are all of you still using the one hole piston on the front piston? I've extra two holes piston and put them on the front and use same WT shock oil all round. I find this is more accurate and easy to work on the suspension so far.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
Are all of you still using the one hole piston on the front piston? I've extra two holes piston and put them on the front and use same WT shock oil all round. I find this is more accurate and easy to work on the suspension so far.
2 Hole piston instead of the 1 hole up front?

What's this achieve Moon?
Old 01-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run 2 hole up front and double the shock oil weight. 80 or 100 in front.
less packing and more consistant during a long race.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Body types + Mounting

Can anybody tell me which holes on the posts they use for mounting their body shells?!
The reason I ask is because I have Lola style body (which uses the lowest holes) but I don't want to cut the posts that low because I am probably going to get sedan body, probably Accord or Stratus.
So if you could tell me how many holes up the post you are using for the lower clip and for which body this is it would be good.
Also do all the nitro tourers have the body posts in the same place? What I mean is could a sedan body which has had post holes drilled for MTX-2 fit on a Kyosho or NTC3 using the same holes?
Thanks in advance, I know it must be hard to make sense of my questions!

Last edited by SHARP; 01-12-2002 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
I run 2 hole up front and double the shock oil weight. 80 or 100 in front.
less packing and more consistant during a long race.
I am using 2 holes and 60wt oil all around, Front spring Light Blue and Rear Spring Purple! it works good for my taste

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.