Mugen MTX-2

Old 06-20-2002, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder

I was on your side when I said that. Basically I meant that Novarossi was being mean about the rust........but if the truth hurts.....
That is what I want to hear from you Fokie !!
Old 06-20-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Want to buy my MRX3?
You selling Fok? I wish I'd known, I ordered an MRX-3 last week. I'm hoping it'll get here tomorrow!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys I am going start running nitro and the MTX-2 seems to be my best bang for the buck to get started. Does the kit have everything I need or will I need more hop-ups? Also is the engine that comes with the car competitive. I dont want to shell out 500 bucks and have to order another motor. I am not a buck so you can get as technical as you fell nessesary. I have be running elec sedan for quite a while now so I can handle it. Thanks for your help!!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by bigdog
Hey guys I am going start running nitro and the MTX-2 seems to be my best bang for the buck to get started. Does the kit have everything I need or will I need more hop-ups? Also is the engine that comes with the car competitive. I dont want to shell out 500 bucks and have to order another motor. I am not a buck so you can get as technical as you fell nessesary. I have be running elec sedan for quite a while now so I can handle it. Thanks for your help!!

Welcome to the club! you have just made a great choice! you will not regret!

Scroll like a page or two down and you will see a few pictures of my car and I pretty much have all the hop ups available out there! so they could be a hop up guide line for you!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks "psycho" for the respond. My diff are very leaky, i try fixing it for about 3 times, i guss it's the rubber o ring that is causing it to leak. I got the one way becuase i heard you don't have to put a lot of lube etc. Just one way oil and thats it. I know it will be a lot harder to drive, but it will take time to get use to. The braking will be way different, but any way, thanks a lot, i was wondering if i could use them...
Old 06-20-2002, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by psycho
Raw40

The oil on the air filter is what the dirt clings to, so it is very important. Just use some oil that will wash out with soap. I usually use shock oil since I have tons. That's what Tamiya shock oil is good for! It's no good in shocks!
So that's what you did with the F201 shock oil.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pepe
Ah10, sydewinder, and all the others, thanks for your ideas about the leaking diff.

Ah10, what are you isung in the rear diff? that is not the stock one, isn't it? how do you like it?

Anytime.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

That is what I want to hear from you Fokie !!
What you like it when I pick on Mikey? hehe
Old 06-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tekrsq

You selling Fok? I wish I'd known, I ordered an MRX-3 last week. I'm hoping it'll get here tomorrow!!!!
I'm thinking about it. Don't know why I got it since there is really no permanent place big enough to run it. Should've gotten a 10th scale on-road.

It's still in the box/case, seal unbroken.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default please help with my setup

i'm having trouble with setting up my mtx-2...this is NOT the prospec version...it's too loose, and unstable at high speed...at slower speeds its okay...but when moving fast, the car tends to spin out with very little steering input...the dual rate on my transmitter is set to 40, and it still is too "squirrely" at high speeds

this is my current setup:

sorex 36r tires with hpi red inserts on 26mm wheels front/rear
2 degrees toe in front and rear
2 degrees camber all around
max caster (all spacers to the front)
60 wt oil all around
front shocks in most upright position
rear shocks in most laid down position
mugen purple springs in front
mugen blue springs in rear
no front or rear sway bar
5mm ride height front and rear
10,000 diff oil in front
5,000 diff oil in rear
hpi corvette body with rear wing

i also tried the following with the above setup:
associated white springs (40 lbs/inch) in front
associated green springs (12 lbs/inch) in rear

the associated springs helped a little, but it didnt make the car push...it still is too floaty and unstable at high speed...i would GREATLY appreciate any and all feedback...if your car pushes, please give me your setup thanx in advance!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

nosyajg, do you run with a body on? You might want to try different Toe, the front should be ok at -1 or at 0 degree toe. The rear should be at 2.5-3 degree toe in. My car wot straight with that set up, sometime you might want to lower the rear toe, maybe 1.5 -2 toe-in. I set my camber at 0- +.5 degree on the rear, -1.5 degree on front. I just install the one-way just a few min ago, and i can tell i need a lot of time to get use to it. I use stock set up with the shock oil, mugen 600wt, and the diff oil are stock too. I ust got some purple front spring, left the rear as it is, the caster is stock, and everything seem to be good at high speed. I think i need more adjusting, i tend to over steer a little in high speed corners.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

What you like it when I pick on Mikey? hehe
Old 06-21-2002, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

I'm thinking about it. Don't know why I got it since there is really no permanent place big enough to run it. Should've gotten a 10th scale on-road.

It's still in the box/case, seal unbroken.
yepyep, you should get a V1RR !
Old 06-21-2002, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: please help with my setup

Originally posted by nosyajg
i'm having trouble with setting up my mtx-2...this is NOT the prospec version...it's too loose, and unstable at high speed...at slower speeds its okay...but when moving fast, the car tends to spin out with very little steering input...the dual rate on my transmitter is set to 40, and it still is too "squirrely" at high speeds

this is my current setup:

sorex 36r tires with hpi red inserts on 26mm wheels front/rear
2 degrees toe in front and rear
2 degrees camber all around
max caster (all spacers to the front)
60 wt oil all around
front shocks in most upright position
rear shocks in most laid down position
mugen purple springs in front
mugen blue springs in rear
no front or rear sway bar
5mm ride height front and rear
10,000 diff oil in front
5,000 diff oil in rear
hpi corvette body with rear wing

i also tried the following with the above setup:
associated white springs (40 lbs/inch) in front
associated green springs (12 lbs/inch) in rear

the associated springs helped a little, but it didnt make the car push...it still is too floaty and unstable at high speed...i would GREATLY appreciate any and all feedback...if your car pushes, please give me your setup thanx in advance!!!
try a little less caster like first go with all the clips in the rear of the arm test it on the track then move a clip if it pushes but keep in mind that it is not a good idea to run a lot of caster with light diff lube because it will cause the inside rear tire to diff out then all of a sudden you have a lot of front pull and none in the rear and at high speed that will spell LOOP!
Old 06-21-2002, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: please help with my setup

Originally posted by nova racer
try a little less caster like first go with all the clips in the rear of the arm test it on the track then move a clip if it pushes but keep in mind that it is not a good idea to run a lot of caster with light diff lube because it will cause the inside rear tire to diff out then all of a sudden you have a lot of front pull and none in the rear and at high speed that will spell LOOP!
Try the following :

-Drop shock oil weight in the rear (40-50wt)
-Add another degree of rear camber

Its probably also something as simple as aerodynamic problems, try different wing mounting or even a larger wing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.