Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 10-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

charles, douglas.. i cant make it tonight but i have the connectors and getting the sheeting for oval corners... i can come over on tuesday... can always put connecters in after you have everything lay\id out and cut to fit

call if you need anything
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Also thanks to d4man for the use of the soldering iron on raceday 9/30!

No problem. If your interested in buying one like I have, Lowe's sells them and the base is 25 bucks and the Iron is 25 bucks. It is powerful enough to build batteries without ruining them.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

PADIRTLMJUNKIE - The round I missed didnt hurt me because we get one throw-out. But maybe I spoke too soon:

After double checking the points series results, it looks like that Jim & I finnished in a first place tie in Gas Truck. If the tie breaker is fastest laps, I don't have a chance. That being the case, I officially take back all the nice stuff I said cause the only reason I do this is for the results!

D4man - Glad you made it for the last race. I don't know what you did to your T4, but you were putting down some fast laps in A3.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Fastestcat - That's fine, you want to shoot for Tuesday evening?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ed237
D4man - Glad you made it for the last race. I don't know what you did to your T4, but you were putting down some fast laps in A3.
To the owners of TRS: Please continue to water in between rounds. It makes a more consistent track. There are times when you don't want to water between rounds either.

It was the track. There was a ton of grip in the groove. I made little mistakes early on and couldn't catch up. The only way was if you guys screwed up....
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ed,
i have been sitting thure the past couple race seasons listeningto you talk about people getting faster and what not...really hats off to you for getting faster.....i know when i first starting racing with you that one carpet seaon i was like stupid fast for the most of it.....but the thing is is that i dont think i got slower i just think that you stepped up youre game.i know i didnt race to much off-road this past winter...but damn do i have trouble keeping up to you in whatever it is that we race....i really thought i was a little better at carpet coming into last year....but then i seen you are a more consistent/overall performer than i am...once in the blue moon i had a day where i was smoking fast,

anyways hats off to you mr toth......cause you have really stepped youre game up.......................

will have to see what this carpet season brings.................
Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Matt. I appreciate that. I really do. I guess I'm proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks. But regardless of the results, I have too much fun RC racing not to do it.

And maybe running 1/8 Buggy, 1/12 scale, TT01 spec, 19T Touring Car, Mod Buggy, Mod Truck, Stock Truck, Gas Truck over the last 12 months helped a little bit too!

This year I'll be trying something new again - 1/10 Oval. I already found a guy who will paint oval bodies for me for nothing (Icenutz) so why not!

I hope you can make it down for most of the races this winter because its definately always 'on' when you guys from Williamsport make it to the show.

See you soon!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks Matt. I appreciate that. I really do. I guess I'm proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks. But regardless of the results, I have too much fun RC racing not to do it.

And maybe running 1/8 Buggy, 1/12 scale, TT01 spec, 19T Touring Car, Mod Buggy, Mod Truck, Stock Truck, Gas Truck over the last 12 months helped a little bit too!

This year I'll be trying something new again - 1/10 Oval. I already found a guy who will paint oval bodies for me for nothing (Icenutz) so why not!

I hope you can make it down for most of the races this winter because its definately always 'on' when you guys from Williamsport make it to the show.

See you soon!
ed,
yea im really hoping to make it there more myself...i always for the most of it have loads of fun there in altoona...

talk to ya then.

matt
Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tlp_pounds
what would make me be chewing up spur gears anyone know
Ted, it sounds as though you have not set your gear mesh properly! We'll show you how the next time your up! Until then don't trash anymore spur gears!

Ed, Thank you for my MOST IMPROVED DRVER AWARD!!!

Sammy, sorry I got in your way Sunday. It was completley unintentional, and I did make an honest attempt to get out of your way when it first happened!

PTDLMJUNKIE, THANK YOU I appreciate it. It not verry often I hear those sorts of things. I have always liked to joke and have a good time! Hope to see you this winter!

Last edited by gixxerman; 10-01-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

............Finaly Father and son reunited.......................or is that lovers!!!!

BTW Foreman thanks for your prompt response to my question........and shut up about Mod Trucks!!!!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Last edited by gixxerman; 10-01-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Ed,
Do you think that the battery selection is wrong for the application? I have an Nimh battery should I be using a Nicad battery for the Rx?

See below link

https://www.servocity.com/html/nicad...batteries.html

Could this be why the steering servo has no power? The low current output of the battery.

I don't want to spend $100 on a servo if the battery will do the same thing to it (no power).

Thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iamz28
Ed,
Do you think that the battery selection is wrong for the application? I have an Nimh battery should I be using a Nicad battery for the Rx?

See below link

https://www.servocity.com/html/nicad...batteries.html

Could this be why the steering servo has no power? The low current output of the battery.

I don't want to spend $100 on a servo if the battery will do the same thing to it (no power).

Thanks
I know you asked Eddie but I'll chip in my 2 cents. No! Other than LIPO, NIMH batteries are the latest technology to the best of my knowledge! The next step up from NIMH is LIPO. If you run a LIPO RX pack you would need to add a voltage regulator. Too much power to your servo would potentially burn it up!!! Or depending on the miliamps or number of cells in the pack you could possibly upgrade to a larger (more cells) higher capacity pack. I currently have a 1400nimh 5 cell pack. As far as your servo goes the RTR servos are generally good for bashing not racing. You more or less need to invest in a higher torque-speed servo.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Ted - Which vehicle are you having spur gear issues with?

Steve - NiMh are better for your Truggy than the NiCads and your right - it's not impossible that your receiver pack has a bad cell. One thing you can try is using 4 AA batteries in 4 cell battery holder http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFVC8&P=7 to see if that solves the problem. If the servo still won't work with 4 new AA's, its almost certainly bad.

Lastly, you can try switching your throttle and steering servos to help diagnose the problem.

Gixxer, you need to learn how to speak 'Mod Truck' so you can enjoy our after-race festivities better.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Gixxer, you need to learn how to speak 'Mod Truck' so you can enjoy our after-race festivities better.
While he's at it, he needs to learn to resize photo's so they don't screw up the page. What a douche.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I have one of those 4 cell receiver packs for AA batteries, I will try it out now. Be back in a few.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.