Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea.........Maybe in another area I dont know about.Like the old sayin goes "Dont believe everything you hear".I have just talked to Dick Dafalco at Ceaser Battesti at 11:11 am.I called him just as I was writing this post just to make sure and he said there is ABSOLUTLY NO WAY that the track is open and ANYONE caught there (including me) will be warned for trespassing until furthur notice.I think there might be a bit of Delusion going on here from who ever your friend talked to!!!!!!

Last edited by revoluv; 03-16-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,I have found were Altoona Raceways timing system went to,whats left of it.I was searching on the BUY-SELL-TRADE part of the forum and sure enough there was the AMB DECODER BOX and the LOOP for sale and it was sold as of 3/9/11 under ROB WIKES name.There was some post about how hes tryin to upgrade the system..If thats the truth why are we (as members ) kept in the dark about this.Better yet,why was I kept in the dark.I did nothing but give and help and offer friendship.I will tell you why,this was the plan all along since GOD knows how long!!!!!! We as members of the Altoona Raceway were scammed by what I call a "SCHMUCK".There is a lot more TRUTH to come.!!!! Once again I apologize and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE DID THIS!!!!!!

Last edited by revoluv; 03-17-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

On a better note,I will know by Tuesday if I can sign a lease at the track and run it,with the help of members "THE REAL WAY"!!!!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed.Gabe and his Dad has also talked to a BIG local company and we might have another location with LOTS of ground to build a track.They have alot of big building equipment and want us to propose a idea to them.THANKS GABE!!!!!We will see in the next coming week.Thanks!!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

sent you a pm
Old 03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revoluv
On a better note,I will know by Tuesday if I can sign a lease at the track and run it,with the help of members "THE REAL WAY"!!!!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed.Gabe and his Dad has also talked to a BIG local company and we might have another location with LOTS of ground to build a track.They have alot of big building equipment and want us to propose a idea to them.THANKS GABE!!!!!We will see in the next coming week.Thanks!!
That would be nice. Can't believe what happened.

You should come down to Lost Creek on Saturday. Test and Tune day. Lot of guys are supposed to be there.

We're planning on it!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rebuild is DONE!!!!

I just put the finishing touches on the Himoto Vega8 brushless buggy. I rebuilt it for punishment (hopefully) I am going to try to set a land speed record with it since there is no track to go test it on. Took it outside and she runs very well. Yes they are road slicks on the buggy. Found slicks for a 1/8 scale buggy on eBay, user name suprasales. Better then wearing out $60-$80 tires.
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-vega8-rebuild-001.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-vega8-rebuild-002.jpg  
Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default New Track Idea????

I am a member at the Altoona Rifle and Pistol Club. The club is located in Sinking Valley very close to Fort Roberdeau. I mentioned to some of the board members of the loss of the Altoona Raceway. They are open for discussing a track proposal on the Altoona Rifle and Pistol Club grounds. The spot we have picked out has ample parking and possible camping grounds for people who want to camp. There is also a building and electricity on site already at the proposed site. There is plenty of sun and shade along with a view of the track location that EVERYONE can see easily. The board meeting will be this Sunday at 3:00pm. I would encourage anyone that is interested in supporting this cause to contact me. I will post pictures of the site tomorrow for all to check it out. I will keep everyone posted as to what the results are.

Thank You
Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Indeed, no nitro as far as I know. They race E-Scale and this was the only 1/8th scale class there yesterday. It's a nice place and very competitive.
No nitros indoors. Outdoors yes!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HimotoRicer
I just put the finishing touches on the Himoto Vega8 brushless buggy. I rebuilt it for punishment (hopefully) I am going to try to set a land speed record with it since there is no track to go test it on. Took it outside and she runs very well. Yes they are road slicks on the buggy. Found slicks for a 1/8 scale buggy on eBay, user name suprasales. Better then wearing out $60-$80 tires.

I like the new buggy Gabe!! It looks tough as nails!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default haha

Originally Posted by revoluv
I like the new buggy Gabe!! It looks tough as nails!!!
Looks aint everything, I might hit the first jump and parts might fly eveywhere.. Would not be the first time it happened with a Himoto!!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

robwike
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Default AMBrc timing system
I own a track and am interested in upgrading my timing system.

I have an AMBrc Decoder and loop for sale. Works 100 %

Decoder and loop - priced to sale at $1,800 OBO

$2,000 + cheaper than a new system.

Plz call my cell at 814-932-0453 if interested

This is what I found on the sell and trade part of the forum!!!! I finally figured out how to copy and paste,thanks to my girl!!!! I printed it out on paper for legal reasons.UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

jay5280
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwike View Post
Yes, system will do personals.

I want to upgrade and AMB/Mylaps wont give what it is worth on an upgrade.

My way of helping another track start out with a great system.
System arrived with no issues. Thanks again Rob!

The last line of "System arrived with no issues" was from the innocent person who bought the timing.Rob helping out another track while ours gets F$#@ed!!

Last edited by revoluv; 03-18-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Im gonna go head and take this time to say that ........I think by now everyone can see what kind of person Rob Wike really is.I am tired of wasting my breathe on him and this whole shitty situation.Alot of members have said to me in the last few days, that they new he was up to something and they had a bad feeling of him from day 1.Im sorry I didnt believe any of you.I plan on starting a new forum in the near future until then or this one gets shut down,I do not want to talk anymore about the criminal amoung us.Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default sat?

So,,,, you guys all have cabin fever, and are tired of looking at your vehicals sittin on the shelves,,, COME PLAY!! tomorrow at Lcrc, and have a blast! Weather is looking at 55° and nothing but sun all day! Run all day for just the practise fee of 10 bucks! Gonna be great! I know i cant wait! Kevins got the track dialed!.
no disrespect ment posting about another track here, lets face it, the flop of the Altoona sucks, period. I was a member too...
Lets get some wheeltime and have a good time
see you guys tomorrow if you make it.
hours are 10am-7pm
Old 03-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
So,,,, you guys all have cabin fever, and are tired of looking at your vehicals sittin on the shelves,,, COME PLAY!! tomorrow at Lcrc, and have a blast! Weather is looking at 55° and nothing but sun all day! Run all day for just the practise fee of 10 bucks! Gonna be great! I know i cant wait! Kevins got the track dialed!.
no disrespect ment posting about another track here, lets face it, the flop of the Altoona sucks, period. I was a member too...
Lets get some wheeltime and have a good time
see you guys tomorrow if you make it.
hours are 10am-7pm

Appreciate the positive outlook IzukLoooking forward to running truggy with ya.Finally getting some nice weather.Gonna try to make it down after church.I know Im definitly gonna make more than last year!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.