ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
Attachment 551566 2007 OPENER SAM,ME AND DOUGLAS
mike,
you should hit up bumps tomorrow.get some practice with that buggy of yours.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those pics bring back some memories!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 4x4

Originally Posted by jmackani
I agree with sct wheels and any tires. Body should be SCT also. Do you think the 3S is better just because of the added weight? Maybe adding weight can give it the same feel.
sorry, shoulda talked more about that.

the difference is in abbility to spin the tires in air, and the rpm of them.

my 4x4 (any Tylers as well) is like a sinking ship when lanched,, it can be jumped correctly, but if not, and the nose is down, you can pull the throttle all you want, and still never bring the front up, at all.

It is a completly different truck all together with the 3 cell, the added voltage not only gives more power, but it allows the motor to spin up far more and in return this thing will pull the front up JUST like an 8th buggy now. sooo smooth and controlled over the jumps with plenty of lift ect.
the weight btw, i dont have a scale, but holding my 3 cell 5400 in one hand, and the 8000 2 cell i was running in the other hand, the weight is almost exsactly the same.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Hooters race was my first time at Toona!

I cannot go to Bumps tomorrow...my wife is stuck somewhere in the outskirts of Pittsburgh and they haven't cleared the road there yet. My drive way is also under 2+' of snow...can't go outside to clean off the drive way with these three maniac kids of mine.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KARO
Hooters race was my first time at Toona!

I cannot go to Bumps tomorrow...my wife is stuck somewhere in the outskirts of Pittsburgh and they haven't cleared the road there yet. My drive way is also under 2+' of snow...can't go outside to clean off the drive way with these three maniac kids of mine.
That's the cool part of having kids, put shovels in their hands.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

If you change the rules for a hand full of people just to make them happy and stay at the track you are going to make another hand full upset. No matter what you do you can not please 100 percent of the people 100 percent of the time so I think Rob is doing a great job and standing behind the rules 100 percent. That is as fair as you can get when you make rules and stand behind them. This is Altoona raceway not every where else and the rules here might be a little different then their but rules are rules and they are in place for a reason. But that is just my 2 cents
Great job Rob keep up the good work.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well thanks CR for the info,look forward to running with you this year and getting some more positive tips from ya thanks againAs soon as this shitty snow melts I will be at the track just about everyday with bobcat to start track layout so if your around stop by.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default I know its "HIS DECISION"

As far as "we should or shouldnt mix electric with nitro or we will piss off this and that person" You are exactley right you will not make everyone happy thats for sure and Iv seen it already last year. I talk to Rob on a daily basis and I know for a fact he cherishes all the racers at the Altoona Raceway and tries to do right by everyone.Im sure no matter what anyone brings to run or how many Rob will find a way to run them.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Jim...one other thing you could do to your Losi while you are not using it...take the top shock mount nut off and take the top of the shock off the mount to prevent the a-arms from 'warping'...the arms are made out of a soft plastic for flex...i had sets warp 3/16 with less than a gal of run time...that will affect the ride height and ride height is very important with the Losi
Old 02-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

7 hours and a plow, I was finally about to dig myself out.

I appreciate all the comments on decisions I have made.

Firm rules in place, prior to race day, makes for a smoother running track. It is easier to address issues before hand instead of holding up 20+ racers
Old 02-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robwike
7 hours and a plow, I was finally about to dig myself out.

I appreciate all the comments on decisions I have made.

Firm rules in place, prior to race day, makes for a smoother running track. It is easier to address issues before hand instead of holding up 20+ racers
Rob I don't blame you for splitting the E and N classes. Last time I raced, which was probably 6 years ago I ran my GT in the mod truck class and it really ticked some people off. It's not like I dominated the field though with my bottom line OS .12CV.

Once the weather clears up and racing resumes, I'll stop down and bring the GT2. If there's a few guys with ST's, I guess we'll get a race going. If not, I'll help out for the day.

In the meantime, I'll be heading to Bumps and Jumps on Tuesday. It's my understanding they have practice hours on the off road course then? Anything I should know? I also need to grab a new glow plug to replace the one I used for break in.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SmittyPSU
Rob I don't blame you for splitting the E and N classes. Last time I raced, which was probably 6 years ago I ran my GT in the mod truck class and it really ticked some people off. It's not like I dominated the field though with my bottom line OS .12CV.

Once the weather clears up and racing resumes, I'll stop down and bring the GT2. If there's a few guys with ST's, I guess we'll get a race going. If not, I'll help out for the day.

In the meantime, I'll be heading to Bumps and Jumps on Tuesday. It's my understanding they have practice hours on the off road course then? Anything I should know? I also need to grab a new glow plug to replace the one I used for break in.
Yes, I'm not sure on the actual height but Bumps requires a small pin tire like a Losi Taper Pin. I'm not positive but I believe that large pin tires are not allowed. The last time I was down there they had a large stock of tires and foams for the track.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

I can't post a link to the tires I have now, but they're very, very similar to the Pro Line BowTie. Is that okay?

I'm starting to think I'm going to be delegated to a life of backyard bashing here.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default gas class

can I race this in the gas class?

Rob you and I are both 38 , you should remember these.ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-86-250r-014.jpg
Old 02-07-2010, 08:22 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default TRACK

06 TRACK BUILD AT ALTOONA[ATTACH]552057[ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-06-track-008.jpg/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-06-track-007.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.