Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani
I run a truggy and can tell you all those problems with a 4 wheel drive can be adjusted through ackerman, toe, camber, droop, ride height, shock dampening etc. to get the vehicle to handle and grip. Instead of working with these settings, many people immediately switch the tires. Roar rules do not mean anything to 90 percent of the local tracks out there. Places like Altoona, Bumps and Jumps, Richfield, G's, Reading, etc. are all doing fine without any ROAR rules and maintaining their own set. If anything, I believe the ROAR rules are not promoting the hobby much at all.
its simple if your tires have horrible traction i dont care what you do or change you take a truck with bad tires compared to a truck with good tires thier is no compaison take slash tires compared to goosebumps or ect you get a tire that grips and adjust the truck around the higher end tire instead of using a lesser tire and setup around it i garentee a truck car truggy buggy monster truck anything will do a better lap using the same driver on both vehicles roar rules are kind of like guidlines for local tracks its a local tracks choice to accept or create thier own rules varyied on thier own situation the track is responsible for roar or not roar
Old 01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i agree with jason about roar rules...THEY SUCK...
but i agree with nathan about tires.
i would do the samething...tires in off-raod are as much in comparisent to the esc thing in tc.and we all know we will need good tires.
also like jason said...tom stober for a whole summer was using like ofna tires.even though his driving was smooth...he wasnt all that fast..the next summer tom went balls out and was buying good tires...and wabamm-dude is fast as shit...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default lol

Originally Posted by audio18man
I would like to see stock tires only upgrade is from rtr tires to platnum tires and stay with 2cell lipo none of my friends nor myself have 3 cell lipos got 2much invested in 2 cells also no servo esc or motor rules basically only things spec is tires and 2cell lipo or 6 cell nimh
I guess we havnt met. LOL

I'm Isaac, AKA "I-Zuk" And most of what i say,, in life,, is pure humor lol
on the real though.
I agree with you

but i WILL have my 3 cell standing by if you dont give me room on the straight!! HAHAHA
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Whats up Isaac, how are things for you? Did you have a good holiday ?

I can't wait for spring man, its gonna be "Sick"
Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Default oh and,,

btw,, +1 to whatever everyone else said too!! hahaha

seriosly for a second if i may,,

Jason is right, when you are talking about a truck that costs 400 bucks (or 334 shipped from "supplers" with "coupons" LOL)

the whole "affordable" "spec" has realy just been flushed down the old pooper now hasnt it?

Let's leave the "Iroc series" to the "affordable to start out and have fun with" sct 2wd....

lol

I-Zuk
Old 01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Default .

Originally Posted by robwike
Whats up Isaac, how are things for you? Did you have a good holiday ?

I can't wait for spring man, its gonna be "Sick"

Whatup man!

Yeah, as much as i like snowmobilin, i cant wait either man,, after the season i had last year you can only imagine my racing schedule for this year!! lol

I'm not an Oval guy, but it looks like your gonna make me try arnt you?? hahaha.

Cant wait to burn nitro, melt 3 cell lipo's, and pick clay outta my noise!! ah yes! ROFL

Holidays were good thanx, spent a couple weeks out in the mid west, checked out a couple tracks while i was out, ran into this one HUUGGEEE indoor offroad that was nuts, cant wait to race it nextime i'm out.

how bout you man?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Default oh i forgot,,,

*looking at Brad*

"Spring is gonna be SSIIIIIIII

ICK!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

i do agree cheep is gone but atleast with the brushless over time you should technically save money by not having to buy new brushed motors although my slash has had same motor since day bought ran it on carpet last winter and all summer long and it still runs fine my point is just cause cheap is gone doesnt mean u cant spec certain things for example in touring car with all the high dollar touring cars that ran for exaple xray losi associated shumacher ect we still ran spec tires to keep compitition to a cheaper even race with it all being about setup and it was great u made the initial vehicle and tire investment and you was done i wish everything was spec to an extent could save everybody money in terms of slash 2wd it was probly the best thing to ever happen to rc it got new people racing a relite fires in older racers i am by far not an older racer but i was gettin board till the slash came and at 200 bucks who could complain Slash is fun no question love it
Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Holidays were awesome, ate too much of course.

Dirt Oval will be a blast. There is a Spec Class for Dirt Oval

Losi 1/10th Scale Slider - It is like 200$ out the door RTR. I even seen some kits w/out the radio on ebay.

I am currently working on a scale model of what Altoona Raceway WILL be for 2010. Pictures will be provided once completed. Let's just say: 12,000 square foot Off-Road track, 250' inside drive line dirt oval w/ banked turns, concession stand and parts on site. Along with, much needed, electric. No more loud azz gens in your ear. Trophy, Cash and charity races. Even a few unexpected door prizes.

New members are joining almost daily - some new people - some old members (whom I never met) rejoining. It is going to be huge.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
Holidays were awesome, ate too much of course.

Dirt Oval will be a blast. There is a Spec Class for Dirt Oval

Losi 1/10th Scale Slider - It is like 200$ out the door RTR. I even seen some kits w/out the radio on ebay.

I am currently working on a scale model of what Altoona Raceway WILL be for 2010. Pictures will be provided once completed. Let's just say: 12,000 square foot Off-Road track, 250' inside drive line dirt oval w/ banked turns, concession stand and parts on site. Along with, much needed, electric. No more loud azz gens in your ear. Trophy, Cash and charity races. Even a few unexpected door prizes.

New members are joining almost daily - some new people - some old members (whom I never met) rejoining. It is going to be huge.
rob,
can i pay you paypal for the membership?
pm me if so...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
*looking at Brad*

"Spring is gonna be SSIIIIIIII

ICK!!!
Oh god there's that "s" word again?!?!? For future reference in the ALtoona Raceway rules handbook section 313-2 subsection 4 paragraph 2:

USE OF THE WORD SICK HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY BANED FROM USE WHILE ON THE PREMISES OR THE FORUM. IF PERSON(s) USE THE WORD TO DESCRIBE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE WAY THEY FELT AFTER A NIGHT OF "BINGE DRINKING" SAID PERSON(s) WILL RECIEVE A FOOT IN THE IN THE A$$ FROM THE "GIXX".
Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Matt, I PM'ed ya the info.

Kicks from the Gixx, wow so ....

sick
Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

I'm starting a Mod "Spec" Sail-Boat class this year again. Who's in?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

B-Rad, you better be more concerned with me lappin' you by the end of the year.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

I'm running this class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.