Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Website

I'm still building the site but our new home on the web is at altoonaraceway.net

Site is in rough outline stage but live.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default thanx Rob

Originally Posted by robwike
Jim is running truggy, he is letting me use one of his other truggys. I also posted an article on a local forum and it has had 450 views, advertising the race sunday. Not to mention the recent news coverage. It could turn into being a HUGE race day.

I hope you guys can make it, but if not, enjoy the other track. I heard it's pretty cool.

JD and Jackie will be there for Slash racing.

No rain is forcasted till late next week, so conditions will be great for a good day.

BTW, my buggy (Hyper 7), another Hyper 7 for parts and a monster truck (RTX-27) chassis w/body are for sale. PM for details.

See you guys soon.
Hey man, thanx, sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast, were pretty much set on hittin up blue diamond,
everything is lining up well, and this is gonna be the only shot im gonna get this year at checking this place out. Sounds like were gonna miss a heck of a day at the tunna but we'll see you all reallllllllll soon!!
whats the next raceday planned? i know you guys probably arnt going to race next weekend cuz of the cancer race, as probably no one is. let me know, and how sunday goes!! catch you guys soon!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
No T4/B44 yet?
Well, def. no B44 yet Aaron is still getting his end of the deal together. As for the T4 I dont have ALL the parts I want to have it in total race form, BUT I do have enuff parts to get me threw a race day. Now if I can find time to get everything put it in today I will run T4 tomorrow. I will bring the T4 and the slash, however I would rather run the T4 so MOD truck guys lets get em to the track!!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What time is racing on Sunday?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Race today

Race time is 1 pm today.

Jim will be there early, I have a football game and will be arriving at track at or around 11:30.

Hope we have a huge day of racing.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier Issac, I am dealing with some buggy issues lately that I just got in the mail. Today was alot of fun and appreciate all that came out, it means alot,really ED, thanx for the track work and making it out for the time you could. I will be running truggy and soon buggy as long as we race at Altoona Raceway, If I ever miss a day I will be curtious and let Rob know. I did a heck of alot better than I did last week with a fast lap of 29.284. Had no runnaways or melfunctions. I do want to check out the other tracks in the surrounding areas,just got alot of work at the raceway to do.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Default sunday

Originally Posted by revoluv
Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier Issac, I am dealing with some buggy issues lately that I just got in the mail. Today was alot of fun and appreciate all that came out, it means alot,really ED, thanx for the track work and making it out for the time you could. I will be running truggy and soon buggy as long as we race at Altoona Raceway, If I ever miss a day I will be curtious and let Rob know. I did a heck of alot better than I did last week with a fast lap of 29.284. Had no runnaways or melfunctions. I do want to check out the other tracks in the surrounding areas,just got alot of work at the raceway to do.
Hey man, hope you guys had a good day, and a good turnout! we missed you guys!!
just got in about an hour ago, blue diamond was sick!, but it wont be a very often place, simply due to the distance.

Anyway, snapped the con rod in my 1 gallon old Axial.. yeeeeee haaww lol
(just stuck in an RB S5, gonna tune and try it out tommorrow)

and with a few mins left in the 20 min, A-main monster truck, striped a spur gear.
but still had a blast!!
whens the next race day at the tunna? and are you guys all plannin to come up to lost creek for the 26th Rob? track is ssiiccckk, gotta try it!.

looking forward to hearing about how today went!
see you guys soon!

Isaac
Old 09-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Yesterday

Yesterday turned out to be a practice day.

Myself, Jim, Ed, JD ( Lester and Jackie ) and Michael McMullen and Brian. It was alot of fun and very laid back. Thanks to the few that attended.

I'm not sure yet on next race day. There will be no race this weekend due to the RAC.

I will probably be down to Lost Creek though.

Last edited by robwike; 09-07-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Altoona Raceway Members

All Altoona Raceway members, as you all know I am new to this.

When I initially took over the track, I had no intention of running a winter series this year.

Requests and inquiries have changed my mind. However, the building where the winter series has been ran is way too high priced. Considering the state of the economy, $2,000 a month is very high.

Here is my request to you guys. First, Help me find a building to run a winter series and I will do it. The building can be rented per month or on a per-use basis. Monthly rental would be the ideal situation.

Second, by a show of hands, how many winter racers can we expect? We can and will run oval and course track set-ups.

I realize it is only September but before we know it. winter will be here.

Please guys, help me help you get your winter racing fix.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

When I initially took over the track, I had no intention of running a winter series this year.

Requests and inquiries have changed my mind. However, the building where the winter series has been ran is way too high priced. Considering the state of the economy, $2,000 a month is very high.

Here is my request to you guys. First, Help me find a building to run a winter series and I will do it. The building can be rented per month or on a per-use basis. Monthly rental would be the ideal situation.

Second, by a show of hands, how many winter racers can we expect? We can and will run oval and course track set-ups.

Thanks
rob,
best thing to do would be look around in altoona area for a building for rent.im sure the guys you have racing now plus a couple more will be there this winter to race.including myself.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks
That sucks that turn out was so low, hopefully it was just because of the holiday weekend, thats why I wasnt there. As for winter, as long as there is a slash class count me in.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Default + 2 for slash

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
That sucks that turn out was so low, hopefully it was just because of the holiday weekend, thats why I wasnt there. As for winter, as long as there is a slash class count me in.
Actuly kinda been tossing around the idea of looking for a decent older TC for this year,

Ah, may as well find a building that's big enough to stick a small indoor offroad in!! hehehehe
Old 09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

mini series thread is up...check it out guys
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default NEXT RACE DAY????

Are we racing next Sat. or Sun. ?......19th or 20th........

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 09-10-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Are we racing next Sat. or Sun. ?
I don't believe so Brian, the RAC is this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.