Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

I would like to do a roll-call for mod 4wd/mod truck for August 2!!!! If you have one bring it out! Maybe we could get a couple and Rob could add it to the race day!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
I would like to do a roll-call for mod 4wd/mod truck for August 2!!!! If you have one bring it out! Maybe we could get a couple and Rob could add it to the race day!
Dont have one, but would love to see those classes make a come back!! I would not hesitate to get a 4wd mod buggy if there was a strong field for them!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default August 2nd

Guys, If you get Mod buggys and Mod trucks to the track on August 2nd we WILL run them. Also, if you own a Slash, make sure you bring it along too. If we get 5 classes of vehicles we will run all 5.

As far as Sunday. I have to see what time my church picnic is. If its early afternoon, I will be at the track in the AM.

A Summer Points series would be awesome. I would love to work hand and hand with Aaron/Richfield on this. Considering the potential at our Raceway, we could host some unbelieveable race action.

I'm also looking for people with older, running buggys/slashs that wouldn't mind letting them be used as demos. With the advertising and word of mouth, we are sure to be seeing many new faces. Remember back to the first time you held onto the controller and cracked the throttle! Let's let everyone experience that. More to come, as it comes to mind.

Rob
Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default .

Originally Posted by robwike
Guys, If you get Mod buggys and Mod trucks to the track on August 2nd we WILL run them. Also, if you own a Slash, make sure you bring it along too. If we get 5 classes of vehicles we will run all 5.

As far as Sunday. I have to see what time my church picnic is. If its early afternoon, I will be at the track in the AM.

A Summer Points series would be awesome. I would love to work hand and hand with Aaron/Richfield on this. Considering the potential at our Raceway, we could host some unbelieveable race action.

I'm also looking for people with older, running buggys/slashs that wouldn't mind letting them be used as demos. With the advertising and word of mouth, we are sure to be seeing many new faces. Remember back to the first time you held onto the controller and cracked the throttle! Let's let everyone experience that. More to come, as it comes to mind.

Rob
Hi Rob, i look forward to meeting you as well, i had only been to altoona a couple times, but i hope to make it for the 2nd,
are you planning to run Truggy on the 2nd? and how about monster truck?
if so ill be there with the 8t, the revo, and the slash.
Thanx
Isaac
Old 07-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Vehicle classes

Hi again all,

Seems we need to make roll calls for all vehicle classes.

Monster trucks, truggies, 1/8 buggy, mods, slash and any I may be forgetting. As long as we have at least 3 of a particular class, we will run them. Being that its a Cash Race day. The more vehicles per class, the better the payout. ( Hint ).

If we see that it is turning into a huge turnout maybe we can bump start time by an hour or something.

So, post what you are bringing. I can keep track, to plan accordingly.

In my initial post about the "Reopening", I mentioned soda, water and hot dogs will be available. How do you guys feel about this. A can of soda (or water), 2 hot dogs and a small bag of chips/pretzels for $3.50. The profit from these meal sales will be used for purchasing door prizes, race prizes and an initial purchase of T-shirts. Please give me a show of hands if this is ok with you guys...

I am also going to work on getting the porta-john emptied, it's in need of attention.

I would like to thank everyone that has offered help, ideas and support through this transition period. I will listen to any and every idea you guys have to better Altoona Raceway. I apologize ahead of time if I don't use all the suggestions. Hopefully, it has become very apparent that I have dedicated myself to providing the BEST R/C in this area.

For all that may find the time to stop tomorrow, I want to thank you in advance.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Great idea , I'm in for 1/8 and mod buggy!

Rob, I would pay $20 for 2 hot dogs and a beverage if it helps out you and the track, I would think that would be a mutual thing for the greater part of us core TRS racers!!!!! XXl or double fat t-shirt for me!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default wow

I GUESS THINGS HAVE CHANGED SOME FOR THE SUMMER I HAVE NOT MADE IT BACK TO ALTOONA FOR SUMMER RACING PIGGY BANK IS ON EMPTY JUST GOT ON THE FORUM AND SEEN THE MANAGEMENT CHANGE I WILL DO MY BEST TO TRY AND MAKE IT BACK THIS SUMMER ALTOONA NEEDS TO STAY OPEN AND ALIVE TRACKS ARE FALLING OFF HUNTINGDON IS CLOSED MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS WILL THIER B WINTER RACING THIS YEAR GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW MANAGEMENT AND A THANK YOU TO CHUCK AND DOUG LOVED THE WINTER RACING GUYS.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome aboard Rob, looking forward to meeting you on the 2nd. I also wonder about parts/ordering? The hot dog, chips and pop idea is a good one.

I am in for 1/8 buggy. I was working on a mod truck in early spring. Slim chance for the 2nd though. Have never been happy enough with the first car to run a second.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Audio18man

Welcome back Audio18man. You mentioned the piggy bank being empty. I got a deal for ya. I noticed you have a set of 4 tires for sale. Find a way to attend August 2nd, I will buy a set of tires and use them as a prize for something that day. And of course, bring your vehicle of choice. We need all racers in this area to attend. We can make August 2nd be the largest race day this track has ever seen.

Brad, 20$ for the meal isn't necessary. But we can do this. To be fair to everyone, especially with the economy the way it is. The meal deal will be on a donation basis. If you can only spare $2.00 thats fine, if you choose to donate more, that is ok too.

Parts and ordering is in the works. I have spoke to two different large suppliers. Will keep you posted.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

I WILL TRY TO MAKE IT I AM ON CALL FIRST WEEKEND OF EVERY MONTH SO IT DEPENDS ON IF I CAN TRADE CALL WITH SOMEONE THE OFFER IS UNBEATABLE AND MAKES IT AFFORDABLE FOR ME SO EITHER WAY A BIG THANK YOU
Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Altoona!!!

Hello Rob, looking forward to getting things rolling again! Im in a quandry about the 2nd. I have garage passes for Pocono that weekend and its so cool to smooze with all that access to drivers,car,crews and such but Im thinking of blowing the third day of the race weekend off to show my support for the new opening! All the new energy and the buzz about the improvments make me so happy. Thanks for all your going to do.Im sure with all the long time members ideas and your energy, things will turn the corner in no time! Ill take one of those 20$ meal deals to help you get things going!lol One thing to help offset some cost is to run a weekly 50/50 to go back into the club improvments. Looking forward to some fun days ahead! Thanks Brian Daugherty...

And Brad I guess Ill need a 5x fat shirt!LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Welcome Rob! I should be there on the 2nd to run 8th scale. My son should be there too, he's 5 and ran my scale in with the slashes (throttle turned way down). Maybe if there are several different vehicles and not enough for a certain class there could be a sportsman or beginner class (run what you brung).

***Anyone interested in an HPI Baja 5B SS with all the necessary mods, spare parts, tires, & low run time (almost 1 gallon)? I would like to keep it but need money for something else. I'll have it with me on the 2nd

Last edited by KARO; 07-25-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: sp
Old 07-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

8/2 Cash Race:

I'm in for 1/8 Buggy and 4wd Mod Buggy plus a T-Shirt and a meal too!
Old 07-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Roll call for slash. Who's all comin.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Slash racing

Hi JD. At last check there will be enough to run them. As long as there are three there, you guys will race.

6 minute qualifiers, 10 minute main. These same rules apply:

ALTOONA RACEWAY
TRAXXAS SLASH STOCK SPEC CLASS
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
Bone stock trucks (can change out receiver to use another radio)
Only hopups are alum shock Traxxas alum shock caps #2667 from Traxxas
Stock or Proline Slash bodies only
Any 2 cell 7.4volt lipo or 6 cell NIMH pack
Can change adjustments (shock oil, shock pistons, ride height etc)
Must run stock motor from kit, Most likely 19/87 stock gearing
Stock Slash tires and rims only
This class is meant to be cheap, competitive and fun!

Winner of Main will be Tech'ed (Inspected) immediately upon completion of race. At last buzzer, winner will drive to Tech stand, be inspected then announced winner. In the event the winner doesn't pass inspection, 2nd place will be declared Winner. I want to make this point clear. This gives anyone running a mod'ed Slash to get back to Specs outlined in these rulles.

7.4 volts will be the only allowed battery charge.

All Slash drivers, this post is not directed at anyone specifically. I just want to make sure our raceway adheres to the Slash standards and remains fair for all involved.

Now, a small update. Track layout has been changed ( Still working it, but initial layout is completed ). When you arrive to race on sunday, be prepared for a new track.

Have a good day everyone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.