Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello all, I caved in and finally signed up for the forum.

driftnut, I am the guy running the old rc10. It's nice to see more 2wd buggies racing.
I will mostly second the others advice. A 13 turn (machine wound?) will be fine for clearing the jumps. I am using a 15 turn, single wind. And the chassis is sorta supposed to slap landing big jumps, unless you hit it perfect. Breaking a shock tower sounds odd. You don't want the shocks to totally compress before the chassis bottoms out, if that's the case. Otherwise as long as there's enough weight oil and ride height to not bottom out on the face of the jump, you'll probably be ok.
As for tires, I have run my best with team losi (red) x-2000s. I have also used pro-line (m3) hole-shots (not the LP); less forward bite, drives easier though. I was thinking of getting x-3000's or bow-ties. Seen Roeder use jconcepts goosebumps. As long as I've raced, the rule of thumb is to copy him. He used to run a team losi xx car which have similarities in design to yours.
I have been using 3800's and can run way past 6 minutes. Decent NiCds are probably good enough, and lighter than NiMh packs. I don't know that cars gearbox ratio; my gearing is conservative, 10.6:1 final drive.
Hope this info is any help. It won't take too much to get good lap times, at least better than mine. Mostly good practice, good tires, and a couple set-up adjustments will do the trick.

Matt Dziabo
Old 07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by driftnut
Landed a Construction job today. Looks like I'll be getting parts needed tomorrow So i can show up Saturday. What time do people have to be there if they want to race?

Morris- About those Batteries, Are they Loose cells or in a pack?
Would they be able to be used Saturday, or do they need Solder, Charged, and connectors added? I have Deans plugs/Wires if thats all they need. Will i need that Cell Wrap stuff to hold them together?
alls ya will need is to bring your deans..i can soldier them up for when i/you get there.i am going to try and make a 2wd buggy dayview...

will have to wait and see.i will have to get these packs cycled for you...
Old 07-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Cool deal

Thats whats up. In case they don't get cycled, Is their Any chance a 2000mah NiMH would last in a race?

On another note, I might have to work Saturday if the races are at 4, but we'll see. Take it easy.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Thats whats up. In case they don't get cycled, Is their Any chance a 2000mah NiMH would last in a race?

On another note, I might have to work Saturday if the races are at 4, but we'll see. Take it easy.
i will make sure that they get dont.....i have 2 chargers to use at once and i have like 5 or 6 packs or something like that...

they will be done.

if you have to work will you still be able to make it to the track to pick them up..?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maya butreax
Hello all, I caved in and finally signed up for the forum.

driftnut, I am the guy running the old rc10. It's nice to see more 2wd buggies racing.
I will mostly second the others advice. A 13 turn (machine wound?) will be fine for clearing the jumps. I am using a 15 turn, single wind. And the chassis is sorta supposed to slap landing big jumps, unless you hit it perfect. Breaking a shock tower sounds odd. You don't want the shocks to totally compress before the chassis bottoms out, if that's the case. Otherwise as long as there's enough weight oil and ride height to not bottom out on the face of the jump, you'll probably be ok.
As for tires, I have run my best with team losi (red) x-2000s. I have also used pro-line (m3) hole-shots (not the LP); less forward bite, drives easier though. I was thinking of getting x-3000's or bow-ties. Seen Roeder use jconcepts goosebumps. As long as I've raced, the rule of thumb is to copy him. He used to run a team losi xx car which have similarities in design to yours.
I have been using 3800's and can run way past 6 minutes. Decent NiCds are probably good enough, and lighter than NiMh packs. I don't know that cars gearbox ratio; my gearing is conservative, 10.6:1 final drive.
Hope this info is any help. It won't take too much to get good lap times, at least better than mine. Mostly good practice, good tires, and a couple set-up adjustments will do the trick.

Matt Dziabo

Dziabo---Good to see you joined up!!!!

Morris--do you have any Battery Shrink wrap that would fit a LiPo? I think Boyles told me he had some......it's like 2 1/2 inch id! If so could you bring some Saturday?
Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Dziabo---Good to see you joined up!!!!

Morris--do you have any Battery Shrink wrap that would fit a LiPo? I think Boyles told me he had some......it's like 2 1/2 inch id! If so could you bring some Saturday?
brad,
i personally do not have any.but i will give jeff a call and ask him if he does.if he does i will hook up with him and have it for you.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Thank you Matt it would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Thank you Matt it would be greatly appreciated!!!!
no problemo brad...

will call him tomorrow and ask...
Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Morris, dont give up on your xxx4! One thing you can do is run bk2 axles w spacers between axle and hub to space bone further into outdrive. This allows you to put more down travel in the rear shocks and greatly helps out through the bumps. Also take that 3.5 out and run something like a 6.5 and you should be good.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey brad I did have some but i don't think i have any more but i will look to make sure

Jeff
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by street racer
hey brad I did have some but i don't think i have any more but i will look to make sure

Jeff
Thank you Jeff! I just need two smaller pieces for saddle LiPo Max-Amps packs!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by brian mills
Morris, dont give up on your xxx4! One thing you can do is run bk2 axles w spacers between axle and hub to space bone further into outdrive. This allows you to put more down travel in the rear shocks and greatly helps out through the bumps. Also take that 3.5 out and run something like a 6.5 and you should be good.
mills,
i dont think i am going to give up on it just yet.i havent raced the 3.5...just put it in once to see what its good for.......

i actually have been running a 10 turn and 11 turn mods...

pm me with your number and i will call and chat with ya sometime..
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Big moves with my 'real' 1/8 buggy This was some of my initial motivation when getting into 1/8 buggies......AWD
http://www.go211.com/videos/7770

Last edited by rallyebmx; 07-17-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Sweet car man, Dont see to many hatchbacks anymore. I know i heard a blow-off valve in their some where, How much boost? That things gonna be fast if you set it up right!! You mentioned it came from Germany, What kind of motor does it have? Bitchin ride!!

Morris- I found out yesterday i gotta work Saturday But, If you let me know A time you'll be out thier, My Sister said she'd drive out and pick em' up for me if thats cool. Still gonna toss you a couple bucks though. You gotta get something outta the deal.

Thanks

Last edited by driftnut; 07-17-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Sweet car man, Dont see to many hatchbacks anymore. I know i heard a blow-off valve in their some where, How much boost? That things gonna be fast if you set it up right!! You mentioned it came from Germany, What kind of motor does it have? Bitchin ride!!

Morris- I found out yesterday i gotta work Saturday But, If you let me know A time you'll be out thier, My Sister said she'd drive out and pick em' up for me if thats cool. Still gonna toss you a couple bucks though. You gotta get something outta the deal.

Thanks
yea i still plan on being there...hopefully i can score a rear hub for my xxx4.
i will be there to try and get some practice...and to race...so ill be there the majority of the day...i am going to cycle them packs starting tonight...

if anything changes i will get back on here and let ya know the deal.

thx,
matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.