Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Doug, I will say that it was a fun race to be in. I wish it would of went on for another 20 to 30 minutes! I should have saved my tires for the main but we all learn from miscalculations. My tires were bald at a couple spots after that race. Track is great, traction is real good and hope to be back when time allows. The start of the race was tough for me. That was the first time I left the pit lane like that and I over shot the first turn and thought I was going off the track over the double. When I made my pit(thanks Sam), I thought I would have a good lead but as soon as I left I recked over the double and that blew that idea.

Great Fun!

C.R.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

cool CR, I'm glad you liked the track! You're right, I could have done that for another 20 or 30 minutes, or at least until my arm started cramping!!

toon town 1/8th scale/1/8th sport racers - quick survey:

question #1, when was the last time you changed your shock and/or diff oil?

question #2, when was the last time you looked at your clutch/clutch bell bearings?

question #3, how many setup changes have you tried to improve consistency?

question #4, when was the last time you built a new set of tires

P.s. tires, diff oil and shock oil are all available at TRS ( im sitting here all alone right now!)

or - the answer that best applies to you is i take my car out of the bag in the same/similar condition it came off the track last week, push a glow starter into the engine and hope for the best. (travis chamberlain, no need to respond, I've already got your answer logged!) how was Candada eh?

ED - I MUST BREAK YOU!!!! MY ZIP ZAP will BE READY FOR THE COLD WAR THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring on the tothenator!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Initiate

I went over Shawn's Revo completely for this upcoming weekend's race. I would like to know if anyone has a Hudy setup board http://www.hudy.net/flash_stuff/all_in/index.htm and if they think it was worth the money.

See you all Sunday!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb

Survey response:
1. Shock oil-changed at the track-tried to change handling
Diff oil-After the last time I raced-wanted to have more on power steering

2. After this past weekend-I took the clutch out of the car and balls fell out of the clutch bell!

3. Some-droop, ride height, pistons, oil, diff oil, a little drag on the rear brakes, rear wing, sway bars, rear roll center, toe, camber, that's about it

4. The last time I raced-Switch 2.0 clay

C.R.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Set-up board

This is only my opinion!

Waste of money for off-road

Run your vehicle for 7 minutes after using the set-up board then recheck the settings and I bet 95% of the settings are different.

If you raced on an indoor track that was smooth and high bite then maybe but not outdoors with big jumps and rough tracks.

I use a ride height guage(Associated), camber guage(RPM), and toe guage(RPM).

Use the money you saved from the set-up board and buy a couple sets of tires.

C.R.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
cool CR, I'm glad you liked the track! You're right, I could have done that for another 20 or 30 minutes, or at least until my arm started cramping!!

toon town 1/8th scale/1/8th sport racers - quick survey:

question #1, when was the last time you changed your shock and/or diff oil?

question #2, when was the last time you looked at your clutch/clutch bell bearings?

question #3, how many setup changes have you tried to improve consistency?

question #4, when was the last time you built a new set of tires

P.s. tires, diff oil and shock oil are all available at TRS ( im sitting here all alone right now!)

or - the answer that best applies to you is i take my car out of the bag in the same/similar condition it came off the track last week, push a glow starter into the engine and hope for the best. (travis chamberlain, no need to respond, I've already got your answer logged!) how was Candada eh?

ED - I MUST BREAK YOU!!!! MY ZIP ZAP will BE READY FOR THE COLD WAR THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring on the tothenator!

Douglas.......... all of the above have been done at least once so far except for the damn tire thing.......I think you all now how I feel about CA'ing tires.

And one more thought..........we might have to hire the A-TEAM for this Sundays post-race activities at the Ceaser!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iamz28
I went over Shawn's Revo completely for this upcoming weekend's race. I would like to know if anyone has a Hudy setup board http://www.hudy.net/flash_stuff/all_in/index.htm and if they think it was worth the money.

See you all Sunday!
i have both the touring car ultimate setup station and the 1/8 one, i swear by them both! hudy also makes the toe guage for truggys as a seperate part. i went and bought a tempered glass cutting board to use as a setup board and its about half the price of the hudy one......make sure if you get one to get something level to check the car on becuase these things are sensitive. not sure who this is (cant get used to the screen names here), but i always have mine with me if you wanna check it out before getting one.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Douglas.......... all of the above have been done at least once so far except for the damn tire thing.......I think you all now how I feel about CA'ing tires.

And one more thought..........we might have to hire the A-TEAM for this Sundays post-race activities at the Ceaser!!!
gix....these have your name all over them http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13194
Old 06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Joey Petyak - 1/8 Scale

I saw an earlier post about this....

We have a Sportwerks Turmoil RTR with Spektrum Radio for $400 for someone who is going to race.

Please spread the word.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pre Mounts

Originally Posted by jallshouse
gix....these have your name all over them http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13194

As with most other stuff, TRS has them in stock at the same or better price.

Please just ask, you might be surprised at what we will do for people who want to race!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Forza 2

Getting pumped for tomorrow nights showdown!

Gotta get a webpage up!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Budweiser 8ight
As with most other stuff, TRS has them in stock at the same or better price.

Please just ask, you might be surprised at what we will do for people who want to race!
i can garentee that, i bought a set a few weeks ago....no glue required, just slap em on
Old 06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lovell
This is only my opinion!

Run your vehicle for 7 minutes after using the set-up board then recheck the settings and I bet 95% of the settings are different.

C.R.
i have been using the hudy stuff for both offroad and carpet.....i would gladly take that bet!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Jeremy,
Carpet and offroad are two different types of racing.
Carpet-cars are 'tight' with controled track surface.
Off-road-cars are designed to have 'slop' at the pivot points to make them easier to drive.

Take an off road vehicle with the tires on(that is how it is raced) and drop it to check camber and you will get different reading almost every time.

Even if you put a piece of paper under the tire that you are checking so it doesn't grab the surface, it would still read different. That's a fact!

I think getting the balance of the car is way more important than a 1/4 degree of camber!

Check the balance of the 8ight and it is not as close as one may think.

C.R.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jallshouse
i have both the touring car ultimate setup station and the 1/8 one, i swear by them both! hudy also makes the toe guage for truggys as a seperate part. i went and bought a tempered glass cutting board to use as a setup board and its about half the price of the hudy one......make sure if you get one to get something level to check the car on becuase these things are sensitive. not sure who this is (cant get used to the screen names here), but i always have mine with me if you wanna check it out before getting one.
My name is Steve and I have been to Altoona a few times for my son Shawn to race his Revo. We will be coming up to Altoona this weekend for him to race again. I am actually going to get a Hyper ST from Doug and Chuck today so I can race with the boy on Sundays. I wanted to stay out of the monster truck class so if I beat him he doesn't yell at me.

Shawn at Altoona http://www.altoonaraceway.com/images/042107_017.jpg

I would like to see the setup board if you have it along this Sunday and thanks for offering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.