Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Anyone know of any on-line shops in the US carrying Serpent S400 parts? Need some Castor blocks, suspension blocks, steering, knuckles, etc...

Stormer hobbies is supposedly going to carry a bunch of parts, for the past 3 months all they have on their site is: backorder

Any one in the west coast at least?
Stormer placed a nice order for parts last week. So they should have receive it by now. MMR has also an online e-shop.
If you need anything and you can't get it, give us a call. Customers are our #1 concern

Paolo
Old 04-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pc9840
Are there any pictures and a pricefor the new serpent pit bag (4 drawer).
PC9840, we have no pictures and no ETA yet. We should have it in the next couple of weeks.

Stay tuned
Old 04-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
You want to fill it up pretty well, twist the gears to get the air bubbles out from underneath them. You will always have some air in there, but the more oil you can get in the more consistant it will be, basically just like a shock.
Thanks Randy! That's what I thought I was supposed to do.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Stormer placed a nice order for parts last week. So they should have receive it by now. MMR has also an online e-shop.
If you need anything and you can't get it, give us a call. Customers are our #1 concern

Paolo
Gracias Paolo
Old 04-16-2008, 09:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XACDesigns
Thanks Randy! That's what I thought I was supposed to do.
No prob, you're gonna love the gear diff...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Lets show these people what the S 400 is made off!!

PRIME TIME HOBBY...will host the 2008 Georgia State On-Road Electric Championship 7 & 8 June 2008...
Sponsored by NOVAK,HORIZON,JR,SPECTRUM and LOSI..
Entry form will be available online Monday 21 April 08....
www.primetimehobby.com
Classes will Be :
MINI COOPER...stock engine,open rubber tire
1/12 SCALE 4 CELL...stock motor or 17.5 brushless
TC TOURING 4WD......19 Turn or 13.5 brushless,open rubber tire
F1 OPEN............any F1..open tire and motor.........
ENTRY FEE IS $30 for all classes.
TROPHIES for top 3 in each class...
9 car mains with 1 bump up from lower mains ( 10 Total )
Power,tables,chairs,food and drinks will be available at the track.
Saturday 7 June will be a practise day from 10am-6pm
Sunday 8 June 3 Qualifier and Mains ..Starting at 1pm
Hotel info will be posted soon.
Stay tuned for more info.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
The Evicerator

Old 04-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi randy, wat a bad day for me....order d 4.5r vortex but dont have stock...

then i have to use speed passion v2 3.5r since that d only motor available in my LHS....according to d LRP support, lrp sphere competition 2007 only can use 3.5r with 5 cell..if using 6 cell, it'll make d esc burn out...

i will be running 5cell...will 5 cell need different setting than 6 cell ??

thanks
Old 04-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Parts supply is very slow at the moment from Serpent.
Local no 1 gas racer couldnt run the nats and regional meets as all parts and even kits where on back order for almost 2 months.
Been waiting for gear diffs for 3 months plus and still no stock from Serpent HQ.
Car has made a strong impact in some clubs but now with the slow parts supply its tarnishing the name and some have already sold there cars.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by kschu
hi randy, wat a bad day for me....order d 4.5r vortex but dont have stock...

then i have to use speed passion v2 3.5r since that d only motor available in my LHS....according to d LRP support, lrp sphere competition 2007 only can use 3.5r with 5 cell..if using 6 cell, it'll make d esc burn out...

i will be running 5cell...will 5 cell need different setting than 6 cell ??

thanks
With that motor, try settings 2,4,0,1 on the LRP. Gear it at around 9.0 if you're on a pretty good size track.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
dick.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:51 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Local no 1 gas racer couldnt run the nats and regional meets as all parts and even kits where on back order for almost 2 months.
Been waiting for gear diffs for 3 months plus and still no stock from Serpent HQ.
Car has made a strong impact in some clubs but now with the slow parts supply its tarnishing the name and some have already sold there cars.
I have not seen the effects of any of this, everything that I have need I have been able to get, mostly right here in the states from MMR. And with so many Tamiya parts that fit the car you have that option also. What parts or kit is he trying to get?

Ran my S400 last night after spending a little time with a Cyclone WCE. It just reminded me how much I love this car, needless to say my Cyclone WCE is sold!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Really? Back in September of 2007, when the kits started to come out, we did have problems getting parts for the car. BUt now its not an issue. THanks to Serpent USA great custome service, and really good support for their drivers here in Florida, my LHS has all the basic parts I need, plus we got Serpent USA and MMR if anything else is needed. And now that Stormer Hobbies is getting a huge amount of parts to support the car, it will be even easier to get all we need at an exellent price. I dont see getting parts an issue...that's over.

Serpent USA's Paolo Morganti is committed to providing the best customer service and great parts support for us in the USA.

Remember this car has only been out about 8 months in the US and its a new car. Things will get much better.

Have you forgotten HB Cyclone problems in 2005 and 2006? It was very hard to get parts at the beginning. Now its easier after several years of the car being in the market and the car is a more popular.

the S400 is making noise...its getting many's attention and sales are growing more and more- the car is really good, tough, and fairly innexpensive on the parts department, and in the USA we have great distributors and really good team driver support.

Dont lose hope my friend. Stick with the car and I'm sure you'll be able to get the parts you need soon.

www.mdiracing.com

www.precisionrc.com

www.stormerhobbies.com

these are 3 place were I can easily get what I need
Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Problem was that there was a parts delay with Serpent NL and he had to sell his 2 cars and his dads chassis to keep interested guys happy.
Slowly Serpent NL has been getting back inline with stock and finally the shipment is sent but still no gear diffs

Ive past on the info for using Tamiya axles etc... so the guys are not stranded.
Only one guy really had dog bone issues from hitting the pipes and also over tightening the diff screws.
We all are using the Tamiya diff screw and one piece diff thrust bearing.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default S400 Report

Last night the Coral Springs Crew visited our friends in Royal Palm Beach, FL, at the "MDI" track known for its tire ripping traction. We had a cold front come in a day before, and temps dropped to around low hi 50s to low 60s, and it was a bit windy as well. Luckily it was dry cold, and the track wasnt humid. So track conditions were cool weather, 60F and windy with low humidity. How would the S400 handle it self in such conditions? Will it work the same as it did a few days back in 84F outside temp weather? How adaptable is the car going from hot weather to colder weather using the same set-up?

Well, after charging my new SMC4000 packs and mounting them on the car(perfect fit- no dremmeling or jamming needed), I proceeded to add tire compound and let it sit for about 15 min, and headed to the track, accompanied by HB Cyclone driver Bryan Bucher. There were a few TC5s also at the track.

Took a few warm up laps to get used to the new layout, and the car was easy to drive. It did seem that it need a bit more turn in for the tight track layout.

Put in the 2nd pack and Butter put on the tire warmers for about 10 minutes. In the mean time I went ahead and leaned front shocks one hole in from previous location, and after getting tires warm went back to the track.

The car had much better traction and more steering now: just what it needed! Not bad with the kit's 50wt oil I was able to now be aggressive and get after folks.

My HB Cyclone buddies were very impressed with the cars performance, and I was soon having to referree Butter- he hogged my Radio and kept driving while the others waited in line to get a taste of the Snake

Thanks for your help Butter & Tim Potter. I cant belive how much time I've wasted with other cars(this car just works from the begining- other cars you have to work on them for weeks before you get real good results, it seems)

Over all the car is very adaptable to climate change with a big sweet spot. It out accelerates other cars in and out of corners and has awesome corner speed. Easy to work on and set up and get working great, immediately.

Hope to continue racing this great car and I cant wait for that Gear DIff to run mod

Great Day

Yohan H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.