Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder >

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Old 03-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Just wanted to let you know mine works great. I used it in two cars one night 8 races no problems at all.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Heya, Folks.. are there any suggestions for reducing the twitching of my car when the PTX is plugged into my airtronics 75MHz FM receivers?

Left alone on a stand, plugged in and turned on, radio on as well, the servo is always chattering.. and when I move my hands near the car, for instance grab the front tires, the whole car goes haywire, steering and motor. It doesn't matter where I mount the unit relative to the receiver..

My Airtronics 2ch is the worst, the 3ch is better but still bad, but my Hitec HFS-03MM ones aren't affected as much, but there's still some slight chatter. I've tried all 4 of my crystal sets..

By comparison, the car is totally silent and unaffected when I have the AMB unit in.

I still have to test it on the track, but I'd like to reduce any kind of interference as much as possible..

Perhaps would a ferrite bead around the lead help?

Thanks in advance!

-James

(..and "just switch to Spektrum" doesn't count as an answer.. )
Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thats the first I've heard of this problem. I have four installed in cars now. Two in box stock MRS4's RTR's, with the stock HPI radio (Airtronics) 27 band, blue & green. These are both plugged into splitters along with the steering servo... no glitches at all.

The other two are in an rc18r and 18t. Both box stock RTR's with the rtr radio, both are on 27 band, blue & green. But these are plugged into the battery slot in the receiver. No problems with these either.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I am sure this was answered before...if you order the non cloned ones, how do you know what number you get?
Old 03-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

The first 20 numbers are standard. The 21st number MRT picks from a pool he has... Its like buying a personal.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ordered my transponder today, just wondering what the currently turnaround time is
Thanks
Wes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Terry, sent you an email a few days ago. Just need to hear back so I can place my order.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
The first 20 numbers are standard. The 21st number MRT picks from a pool he has... Its like buying a personal.
are you sure thats the first ive heard of this terry can you clarifiy this statement.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stuey
are you sure thats the first ive heard of this terry can you clarifiy this statement.

Positive!

Take a look here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...9&d=1195650576

This is the instruction sheet that comes with every PTX. The 20 numbers you see are standard in all of them. The blank spaces below are for the 21st number (I erased it as it was mine). It will be either your clone or a random number Terry has. Ive bought two straight PTX's and they both had a different number for the 21st.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyE
I am sure this was answered before...if you order the non cloned ones, how do you know what number you get?
Originally Posted by stuey
The way the numbers work out you don't know what number you get. It's the same with AMB transponders, you buy one and find out what the number is when you get it. The numbers are not 'issued' in a particular sequence that's known in advance. Only certain numbers are valid and are recognised by the system. To clarify for Stuey re the numbers, we 'issue' numbers the same as AMB but because only AMB know what numbers exist we have to include the extra 20 'generic' numbers, so that the ID number can be changed if needed, ie in the very unlikely event the AMB and PTX number 'meet up' any time. It's also useful having extra numbers for enduro team type racing where all the teams drivers count on the same number.

Originally Posted by lightwes
I ordered my transponder today, just wondering what the currently turnaround time is
Thanks
Wes
Hi Wes, the turn around for clone orders is about a 7 to 10 days with us plus the shipping time back to you. Non cloned orders it's currently around 2 to 3 days plus the shipping time.

Originally Posted by or8ital
Terry, sent you an email a few days ago. Just need to hear back so I can place my order.
Hi or8ital, you should have had a reply I'm up to date with my emails.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I thought I had better just mention that after a deluge of emails I'm running behind again
I'm trying to reply to them as soon as I can. Please allow a few days before checking on orders, they're not being despatched from stock it's currently a couple of days or so before we get them shipped out. We are trying to improve on this. Cloned and custom built transponders take about a week to ten days before they are ready and shipped.

Thanks
Terry_S
Old 04-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

if i buy 2 ptx's is ther a way i can get the same number on both without sending my AMB in?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

same here
Old 04-02-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi derricklong38 and skengines, sorry there's no way to get the same number for your PT and a new cloned transponder other than sending your AMB in. We can get your original PT sent back early and once you've sent it for cloning there's no need to send it again if you wanted to re-order.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Terry - I bought two cloned PTXs earlier this year, in the hard case with mounting tabs. I want to use one of them in a car now where it would fit better without tabs. If I cut the tabs off, is it possible to just buy a new baseplate with tabs in case I want to use it later in a car where mounting tabs would be needed. I haven't opened the PTX yet (4 small Phillips screws in the baseplate) to see what if anything is bonded to the baseplate. TIA for your answer.

BTW, I am a very satisfied user of two cloned iPTs, and two PTXs, all on one number (even at age 55 I can remember one transponder number ). They have all worked flawlessly, and I get asked about them all the time. Some of the smartest money I spent in RC is what I tell folks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.