1/8th Buggy Shoot out

1/8th Buggy Shoot out

Old 05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

no jammin, no care
Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Did it just suddenly get violent in here? I noticed that their is alot of defense for the 8ight, and people should be content knowing it works well for them.

It seems like the turn out at our track lately is mostly 8ights and MBX5R's both great cars, both have been winning.

I remember when Rc Extreme did a face off between the top buggies. At the time I had a Jammin X1CR and it finished 2nd, right in front of the MBX5.

Of course I rubbed it in the mugen guys face. But Just because a magazine says something, doesn't mean you should go out and sell your car because it came in last out of 3 cars.

They need to throw some other cars in there to make 3rd not seem so bad for some of you guys. How about testing some buggies like the Ofna MBX comps, Hyper 7-8, Duratrax Raze, Sportwerks turmoil. then it wouldn't look so bad.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

the Kyosho car is in front and the biggest car in the picture, that means it won
Old 05-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
the Kyosho car is in front and the biggest car in the picture, that means it won
i dont think the shoot out is about who won as much as how they compared in ways
Old 05-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Cool

no, we won mugen boy... back of the picture, down the trough... lmao jk
Old 05-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

lol..I see alot of 8ights popping out everywhere too...but it's prolly just because its new and diff...people buy it just to have the latest thing or they drive/drove losi's 10th scale and were loyal and didn't want to race a diff brand 8th scale.

Some of it is prolly the price tag too thats why not everybody has a kyosho,because their parts are more expensive,and so is the car but it is durable.I have 10 gallons on my sp2 and have only broken two front left arms from awkward landings,the only things I've changed from being worn out is 2 center drive shafts.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

You Know I bought an 8ight because Yes I have been a long time supporter of Losi Products, Except for the Mini T/ Mini LST, the LST/LST2- and it's multiple bastardized spin offs. But besides that, I do like Losi products.

I like the innovations that sets it appart from the rest of the 1/8th scales out there. It's not as far out there as the Team Magic car might be, but it's got some news things on it that even Associated wasn't brave enough to try out. If the Losi wasn't out there, I'd probably drive a Kyosho, or a mugen, I'd probably pass on the associated car because it's not pushing anything new.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You know, I would like to see the same thing but hide a Hyper 7, or even an old Mugen. Dont tell the the drivers what they are driving, dont let them wrench on it, and use the same bodies on all of them. Seriously, every review I have seen of all these are "it turns so much better, jumps better etc!" Bullshit! Not everything can be better. Really, things are so good that maybe its "difference" we are all feeling, or think we feel. Do it with the pros who can run a difference of only .2 seconds per lap. I really want to see how much things have changed throughout the years. Dont get me wrong, I like my 8, but would I really be THAT much slower with a Hyper 7 or MBX4?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

That would be a great test! but I have noticed 2 guys at my track in particular who ran hyper 7's last season, and are much better this year now that they are driving 8ights. I'm also driving an 8ight, and now I have to contend with them on a regular basis when before it wasn't even close.

That's the kind of proof That I think speaks for it's self. I'm only slightly better with my 8ight than I was with my Xray, or Jammin X1cr. So, I don't know what that says about me, but I know that the 8ight will eventually pick up as soon as I get more time with it.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I'm talk'n about the "Steve's" you guys are kick'n a$$ so far this year!!!!