Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho buys Team Orion

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Ah, I didn't realize that Peak had been purchased by Orion. But my original question remains, does this mean that Kyosho USA will now be the US importer?
Team Orion Inc. (USA) and Peak Performance Racing Motors have always been and will continue to exist as completely separate California corporations.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

With all this merging going on within the RC market it opens the chance for other companies to start up. It also eleminates some competition.

I hope this works for both Kyosho and Orion.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racer4Life
With all this merging going on within the RC market it opens the chance for other companies to start up. It also eleminates some competition.

I hope this works for both Kyosho and Orion.
Maybe you are right maybe not. If there are a few large companies who'll dominate the market then a new small company can have difficulties to grow or it will sooner or later bought by a large company.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Maybe you are right maybe not. If there are a few large companies who'll dominate the market then a new small company can have difficulties to grow or it will sooner or later bought by a large company.
Distribution & globalization is what keeps the corporate world a float & smaller company's can't compete & big company's need to acquire other company's to have a global presence which a lot of U.S manufactures are lacking at the moment
Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is pretty surprising news. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default kyosho

hey all:Ithink this deal will be good for both parties involved more marketing for orion/peak and more global presence for kyosho.the only problem i have though is kyosho prices most of their vehicles out of reach of most consumers not to menchin there products seem hard to come by in the usa mainly their racier ones although that's starting to change a bit with kyosho america.Just my thoughts
Old 05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Sparx
This sounds like when Thunder Tiger bought AE... I haven't seen any worldwide catastrophes after that change!
Sorry, have you been blind? We've seen a lot of unable people at Thunder Tiger Europe recently, like broke vulture Mr. Kühn or know nothing Mr. Adler.
Thunder Tiger is reclycling old buggys for "new" products, no spare parts on stock, nearly no new products (please forget their ugly and 99% defective Jaguar Transmitters, TC5 came years late etc.). Chinese owner is making "consumer shit" with old AE injection molds (like their gas cars without diff, great thing!).

Kyosho here in europe: arrogant, high priced, little or no support. Nearly no dealer has their products or wants to sell them. They're currently trying to make points in electric off and on road but have no success with their current 3rd league cars. No one realy needs them.

Song by Joan Jet: Bad reputation!

Hope Orion is not going their way (Had excellent experiece in the past with them).......
Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

http://www.teamorion.com/news/ca40/newsid/180
Old 05-28-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Addict

My experience with Kyosho products makes me hesitant to buy anything from them. I've had 4 Kyosho vehicles. My first rc car was from Kyosho, it has broken twice and it's been a beginner tryout car for my local club longer than I can remember. Since them I've tried it all: Car that would break whenever I went past the track. At least twice it was fine when I left home but broken when I arrived at the track, the only car I've had that happen to. Then I had a car that no parts were available for. I became expert in finding where Kyosho used the same parts for different vehicles, with different part numbers. Thank god for part-bin engineering.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Kyosho is a company on the move and the direction is up.

I have met with them several times over the last week or so and am thoroughly impressed. I see many great things coming and I think they are more focused then ever with their dedication to quality and making the Kyosho experience a great one.