Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho buys Team Orion

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
Will Team Orion/Peak Racing items leave Tower/Great Plane just like Kyosho...? I bet alot of LHS will have a tough time ordering Team Orion/Peak Racing item just like Kyosho did couple years ago...
As of right now we have been told everything stays the same and we will still conduct business the way we have been for years and this will give us if anything an even better means to keep all our customers happy and stocked with Team Orion/Peaks award and race winning products. This is a great opportunity for Team Orion/Peak it's distributors it's retailers and last but certainly not least it's customers!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
But LiPo is bad! It won't fit in my dad's brother's original RC10T, and until the LiPo companies make a battery to fit every chassis ever created, I don't think they should be used.

do I hear a bit of synicism..... doh!
Old 05-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrBlack
As of right now we have been told everything stays the same and we will still conduct business the way we have been for years and this will give us if anything an even better means to keep all our customers happy and stocked with Team Orion/Peaks award and race winning products. This is a great opportunity for Team Orion/Peak it's distributors it's retailers and last but certainly not least it's customers!
I hope you guys will stay the same.......or we will only see Team Orion stuff from HK online website or internet only....
Old 05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Is it safe to remove the plastic case, and beat the lipo into my car? I thought it could me molded into whatever shape I need to fit my 1982 Tamiya sand scortcher. Man there's just no consistancy...... JK.
I think that is called lipo suction

Sorry back to the subject....

I am happy to hear Kyosho bought Team orion as now they will have the funds to go further quickly. I bet JJ had a finger in that transaction...

lets hope everything goes better for TO as they are a good quality company...
Old 05-18-2007, 02:23 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I am kind of surprised to see some negative backlash to this. While Kyosho's presence in the American market has been somewhat suspect until more recently, they are a strong and well-established company worldwide, as is Orion. It should allow Kyosho to market complete product chains using in-house equipment, much like Associated can do with LRP/Reedy or Losi can do with JR/Spektrum.

Pretty soon, you should be seeing Kyosho RTR kits with Team Orion/Peak gear in them, I would think.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

RC racers cant be happy with anything, its genetic lol
Old 05-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
RC racers cant be happy with anything, its genetic lol
Old 05-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

This sounds like when Thunder Tiger bought AE... I haven't seen any worldwide catastrophes after that change!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
I am kind of surprised to see some negative backlash to this. While Kyosho's presence in the American market has been somewhat suspect until more recently, they are a strong and well-established company worldwide
Well that's fine for the worldwide market, but it does nothing to help those of us in the USA.

My problem with Kyosho is their lack of good customer service. I've had small problems with various R/C manufacturers over the last 14 years, all of which have been resolved in a professional manner. However with Kyosho they did everything they could to not resolve a problem with a kit I bought from them. It started with them trying to point blame at me by assuming I was abusing the product, then when they finally broke down and decided to replace the defective parts they would only do so if I were to ship the items back to them first. My biggest gripe is that the defect in question was very obviously known by them beforehand because it turns out they sell a band aid fix for it, which btw they wouldn't give me to stop the problem from happening in the future.

Instead I was expected to tear the entire thing down (it was a chassis that was defective), send them the defective parts, and wait for them to get around to sending the new parts to me. On top of all of that I was expected to pay for the band aid.

On the other hand I once had another R/C manufacturer send me a part that I admitted to losing....for free.

Never again.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

HMMMMMMMMMM
funny
i run a kyosho zx-5
i run 3200 orion lipo's
and i sold all my much more stuff and got
an orion advantage charger to charge those lipo's

very nice!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (79%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
HMMMMMMMMMM
funny
i run a kyosho zx-5
i run 3200 orion lipo's
and i sold all my much more stuff and got
an orion advantage charger to charge those lipo's

very nice!
HAHA ! you can see the future
Old 05-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

yes
yes i can
Old 05-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
@ Rick H....why?
Rick is Peak, not Orion. But this does beg a question. Rick/Peak was the exclusive US Importer for Orion products, what does this mean to Peak from both an importer status and the Peak OEM products?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Peak was the exclusive US Importer for Orion products, what does this mean to Peak from both an importer status and the Peak OEM products?
Team Orion purchased Peak several years ago and they are managed and run by same people who manage Team Orion USA. If anything you could say Team Orion distributes Peak world wide not the other way around.

Rick was/is the founder of Peak Racing over 20 years ago. He drives for both Peak and Team Orion.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Ah, I didn't realize that Peak had been purchased by Orion. But my original question remains, does this mean that Kyosho USA will now be the US importer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.