Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS .12TG

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default OS .12TG

Anyone have any REAL feedback on the TG series engine? People have made the usual "it's fast" statement, but other than that, there really isn't any tangible information posted about it.

It's been noted as producing less power than the previous model, the .12CV-R.

Thanks,
Old 06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I heard that they produce a little less power than the cvr but are very economical. 12-15 min on one tank of gas.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The TG is an great engine for the beginner on-road driver, it cost less and with the longer run-times you get alot of practice. This engines power band is between the CVR and the TZ engines, you will get alot of bang for your buck.

[QUOTE=Fred30;3312832]Anyone have any REAL feedback on the TG series engine? People have made the usual "it's fast" statement, but other than that, there really isn't any tangible information posted about it.

It's been noted as producing less power than the previous model, the .12CV-R
Old 06-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

The engine could have been more than it is. I mean, come on now! It puts out nearly the same power as a .15 CV... slower than a cvr and has less power, but it is more expensive than the previous CV-R line up? The .12 CV-R used to sell for 100-110, but that isn't the case anymore. You are lucky to find a TG under 150.

Its basically a more powerful .12 cv
Old 06-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

That seems to be a fair assessment, although OS has always been known to under rate the power of their engines, which is why I was looking for feedback from those who have them.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

OS, like many other companies, pull some random number outta their behind and claim its the horsepower output.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

I have one and its an awsome engine, there is more there than meets the eye. First, its rear exhaust and possibly more efficient than a side exhaust. Secondthe sleeve is similar to the OS .30vg, in that it uses a bi-metal cylinder coating, It uses a nickel over silicone layering to help it last longer thanplain nickel layer. Personally i think its a better .12 than the old cv, if not in HP, its got better torque and smoother powerband
Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kemorc
OS, like many other companies, pull some random number outta their behind and claim its the horsepower output.
You don't have a clue. OS has been selling engine for 75 years, and they have the best testing facility for rc engines in the world. OS does not just throw out numbers like that, if anything they are very conservative about the output information they put out. Just don't throw out stupid statments like that because you don't have a clue.

Last edited by gijoe64; 06-07-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 06-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

OH really? then i suppose their "measurements" are so accurate... that it isn't the "standard" in measuring torque and hp for the rest of the industry!

Guess what, there IS NOT a dyno that is accurate enough to set numbers for these engines. Why? because NO MANUFACTURER uses the same method, rendering these numbers pretty much pointless. Why do you think that many of the italian companies and STS don't give HP and torque claims?

If you honestly think OS has the best in the industry, I honestly feel bad for you.

Sorry, but you are the one who doesn't have a clue.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

This engine was designed for sport racing and backyard bashing, it is not a competition engine. This engine is great for the guy that is just starting out or don't have 300.00 for a engine. Take my word for it, this is a fun easy to tune engine.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

OH really? then i suppose their "measurements" are so accurate... that it isn't the "standard" in measuring torque and hp for the rest of the industry!

Guess what, there IS NOT a dyno that is accurate enough to set numbers for these engines. Why? because NO MANUFACTURER uses the same method, rendering these numbers pretty much pointless. Why do you think that many of the italian companies and STS don't give HP and torque claims?

If you honestly think OS has the best in the industry, I honestly feel bad for you.

Sorry, but you are the one who doesn't have a clue.
I am not going to get into a pissing match with you but OS Engines is the number one rc engine manufacture in the world. And has the highest quality out of any engine manufacture period. STS engines is made in China and I can see that you work for them or something, OS set the standard, no other manufacture has been making engines this long. So this argument is over.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The TR is a great Truck motor! Perfect amount of power and has a smooth power band. O.S. Discontinued the .12cv and .12cvr and this is the replacement engine. I wouldn't run this is a touring car but for truck it is great.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gijoe64
I am not going to get into a pissing match with you but OS Engines is the number one rc engine manufacture in the world. And has the highest quality out of any engine manufacture period. STS engines is made in China and I can see that you work for them or something, OS set the standard, no other manufacture has been making engines this long. So this argument is over.
Last time I checked, Taiwan is not in China , and I dont work for them... get your facts straight. Os didn't set any standards for measurements in HP and torque. BUT, they were the first company to print out BS numbers to help their sales. OS does not have the highest quality, they are not even in the top 3. As far as quality goes, its Novarossi, STS and I think SH is now in a good 3rd place.

Run a better engine than OS, you wont go back to OS.
OS claims:
.18 TZ-TX
Output: 1.8ps @ 29,000 RPM
Actual results on Xdyno (closest to being the industry standard dyno): 1.18 @ 29400 rpm. OS OVERESTIMATES according to these facts lol.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Last time I checked, Taiwan is not in China , and I dont work for them... get your facts straight. Os didn't set any standards for measurements in HP and torque. BUT, they were the first company to print out BS numbers to help their sales. OS does not have the highest quality, they are not even in the top 3. As far as quality goes, its Novarossi, STS and I think SH is now in a good 3rd place.

Run a better engine than OS, you wont go back to OS.
OS claims:
.18 TZ-TX
Output: 1.8ps @ 29,000 RPM
Actual results on Xdyno (closest to being the industry standard dyno): 1.18 @ 29400 rpm. OS OVERESTIMATES according to these facts lol.
Why are you bashing OS??? Doesn't all manufacturers have an estimated claim? Nova, Picco, OS etc, all estimate their horsepower claims. For marketing purposes, it would be bad for OS to say their .12TZ only puts out .90 hp, while the rests claims 1.6hp.

We know their estimates don't come close to dyno results.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

many of the top tier manufacturers will NOT post bs numbers (ie hp and torque) because they know that its not true and are nowhere near realistic.

Where did you find your info for .90 hp on the tz? because on the www.nitrodynesystems.com/ dyno, it puts out .8 hp at 34,000 rpm.

Noobs - buy engines based on the HP/RPM/TORQUE claims
Experienced guys - Buy engines based on the reputation and ACTUAL performance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.