Wiki Posts
Search

2007 ROAR ON ROAD ELECTRIC NATIONALS - *** VENUE CHANGE ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Botch

the first and second picture, if you look at it close you can see the roll up door about 3-4 feet from the corner.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't know where Team Tekin was during the previous ROAR Events this year but maybe he should do a search here and see for himself how well they went off. The RMT program is the real deal.

I understand where he is coming from on a promotional note but there are two issues:

1. The races that do awsome promotions are put on buy pretty much full time race promoters Scotty Ernst Productions and Thunder Racing (Mike Boylan). ROAR, right now, is 5 volunteers doing the job of 7 volunteers. They all have 40 hour, 5 day a week regular jobs and do all ROAR work in their free time.

2. ROAR is a non profit sanctioning body. They do not collect sponsorship dollars. The track owners do all of that and use that money to cover the costs of the event such as tent, table, generator and electrical rentals, etc.

If Team Tekin really wants to get somthing done maybe he should look into the ROAR Promotions postion on the ExCom. Its open. It might even be benificial for his business to have his voice on the ExCom. He does after all make some BL motors that are not ROAR legal(FYI,I think they should be)
Old 05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
How big are the pit spaces??????? you are REALLY asking that....

do you cut custom size pit-boards for every race you go to or something????

hilarious
Its a perfectly legitimate question. Why not just answer it? At some races the pit spots are really small and racers like to know so they can bring little shelves or whatever
Old 05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitCrew
Not to mention, SIR is temperature controlled.

Not to hot, not too cold.
JUST RIGHT...

Hope nobody decides they dont want to run this event now. SIR does have a slightly smaller track than what PIR had to offer, but SIR is also a VERY nice facility. Clean, bright, air conditioned, etc etc etc.
And run by humans !!

Jacko
Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by odpurple
Its a perfectly legitimate question. Why not just answer it? At some races the pit spots are really small and racers like to know so they can bring little shelves or whatever

Ok my bad....just seemed kinda trivial when I read it.....but I get ya now...
Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scott B
I was wondering if the tire traction compounds will be controlled or limited to certian types? As the facility is indoors and I don't see any type of ventalition in the pics.
No, they will not be controlled or limited to certain types. We have plenty of ventilation, 5 HVAC systems in place and as skypilot said roll up doors at both ends of the building.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

12 scale tires.

Personal favorite. Jaco DP rears Parma Purple fronts. Bodine ran DP front rear on Friday wit a few changes to the Slapmaster chassis and that combo should have some good posibilities. I also just recently ran the Parma 38's with Pur front and Magenta rear it was good but went Jaco DP rear and it was faster off the turns.

OD and a few others asked on pit width. The spaces in the main building will be 30" widths. The is approx 16 spaces per table with Powertoo each of those spaces.

With the size if the event we will have a second pit area that will be approx 20-30ft from the track that will be nightly secure and also available. Those spaces will prolly offer more room but not sure until we get it laid out about 2-3 days before the event.

Hope it helps
Old 05-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

WORD!!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Just to add more on the 1/12 tires.....
I run CRC Pro-cuts and have tried everything that was already mentioned w/exception to the new 'Pro-38's' from Parma. Pro-cuts Magenta/Magenta, Magenta/Pink, Purple/Magenta and Purple/Pink all have 'worked' for me but the best balance I feel for my car is Magenta/Pink. I also use TQ8 or the heavily frowned upon 'Black can magik instant grip stuff' LOL.....
Old 05-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Team Tekin

I am all for the RMT program and agree it has worked well, but it is only half the picture. We are trying to make a good product (national events), but we are not selling it to anyone.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I don't know where Team Tekin was during the previous ROAR Events this year .
I’ll tell you where we were during the previous roar event.. paying the bills. Does anyone even know we were a title sponsor. It appears you don’t Adrian and you are supposedly on top of roar events. Does anyone even know the event happened or who won other than those that were there. The event may have run excellent for those that attended, but for the rest of us it was invisible.

This event right here needs a sponsor. What do you think should I write a check? Will that benefit us anymore than just showing up with good drivers and performing well? Should we spend our money to be behind the podium on the banner or on the podium with our drivers? If we all just back our horses there will be no where for them to race.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
If Team Tekin really wants to get somthing done maybe he should look into the ROAR Promotions postion on the ExCom.
Thanks for the job suggestion, but I already run 2 companies and work 7 days a week. FYI I am on the BL motor committee and really should be working on our latest proposal instead spending time here.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 05-21-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
That was answered by someone who sounds like they don't travel to races and only races at this track.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

changed my mind... apologies for the edit.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 05-20-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
That was answered by someone who sounds like they don't travel to races and only races at this track.
Yea I'll have to say I don't think that question was out of line, I like to find out what the pit space is going to be so I can figure out what gear I am going to take to the track and how I am going to lay it out i.e. do I need to bring shelfs, can I setup my GFX , zapper, dyno or do I have to leave that back at the hotel, etc, etc.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Aren't we all glad that Dan (Difuser) answered that already? I betcha my pit space is bigger

Originally Posted by Difuser
OD and a few others asked on pit width. The spaces in the main building will be 30" widths. The is approx 16 spaces per table with Powertoo each of those spaces.

With the size if the event we will have a second pit area that will be approx 20-30ft from the track that will be nightly secure and also available. Those spaces will prolly offer more room but not sure until we get it laid out about 2-3 days before the event.

Hope it helps
Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STLNLST
dur da dur.....were you at this race last year in Cali??? I think I was 5th and 8th in my classes at that one....

and I didnt need a custom sized, Upgrade stickered, war wagon in my pit to get it done

p.s. I am just messn with you guys for my own amuzement....Ill stop now b4 someones feelers get hurt...

but SERIOUSLY! SIR is an experience you have to check out to understand...EVERYONE that comes to this race will have a BLAST!!!!

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 05-20-2007 at 09:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.