Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 3PK and Spectrum module

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 12th scale

I use this setup in both 12th scale and TC. I do have digital servos in both cars. The 12th scale has a KO digital and the TC has a the airtronics digital. I do not see any nervousness out of my servos in either cars.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Marvi,

Nope, if you want ot run the HighRate receiver you'll need the receiver pack with a healthy 6VDC out to power both the Rx and the digital servo that the HRS needs.

Cheers
Old 04-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Izzy,

No, I mean that I only had a digital servo with me. The HRS REQUIRES a digital servo to operate and I only wanted to bring one servo with me. The Hitec DCX receiver I brought with me worked fine too it's just a conventional FM receiver with a dual conversion front end for the tuner. I don't have a Futaba PCM receiver so I could not test it.

Cheers
Old 04-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

I have KO mars R, is there a spectra module designed for the Mars or if not, which one do i need ?

TIA guys...
Old 04-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by izzyracer
Be careful on using the Spectra on the 3PK's. I have switch to 3PK from 3PJ because of the ease of use in settings and figuring out that the Spectra works. It sure does work but the servo' exhibit a shaking movement in neutral position that does not occur in the 3PJ, I have 2 spectras and they both do the same. Now I'm back using the 3PJ until I get enough Crystals to use on the regular module. The 3pk is good when you want ease in settings and use of digital servos.
Oh yah, these are all base on a non-digital servo/receiver setup.

This is exactly what happen to my 3pk and Spectra module! I end up sale the Spectra and stack with the standard module.

I have try with Futaba 9550 and KO digital FET servo and the shaking presist...
Old 04-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Spectra and 3PK...works for me!

I finally tested my Spectra module (75mhz) with my 3PK last night. Everything worked like a charm on HRS (and digital servo) and in PPM mode (with analog servo). No glitching or anything out of the ordinary. I have been successfully using it with my 3pjs for over a year and a half.
Gotta love the crystaless mode (with XXtra receiver), but I agree that I am tempted to drill 2 holes in side for easy access to frequency dials. I agree that those slots on top must be for upcoming crystaless module from Futaba (or Novak)....for now I will remove when need to dial in a new frequency.

Love the new setup!!
Ken
Old 04-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Izzy & Eddie,

What receivers and servos did you use when you had this problem? My 3PK and Futaba R203HF and Hitec DCX receivers are working perfectly with a Hitec HS5245MG servo using the Hitec Spectra module.

Cheers
Old 04-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

I agree that those slots on top must be for upcoming crystaless module from Futaba (or Novak
I e-mailed Novak to see if they had plans to make a "switch" module for the 3PK. The response was "no". They didn't go into any more detail than that

Hopefully Futaba will come through with a module
Old 04-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

thanks im going back to my fm receiver for the moment
Old 04-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Sorry j0n0. That's why we don't have KO radios!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Novak

I talked with Charlie when he was in cleveland for the indoor champs and he said that they would not work on a module without the ok from the company. Airtronics was all for it and I think you will see JR to follow. I guess futaba does not want someone to take away sales of crystals or cash in on their product. I have been told that crytals cost around .04 a piece and are sold for 30 dollars a pair.

I contacted futaba when I was deciding on a radio and they would give no information.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spectra mods

Hi Ken and All,

After my testing of my new Spectra module in the 3PK Tx I decided that it's a pain in tha tail to change freqs so I just bought a new Lynx3D for the DCX, extra crystals and Spectra module in the radio system on eBay.

Once I get this new Spectra module I'm going to crack it open and add a new set of switches so I can change frequencies without drilling holes or having to R&R the module. I'll tell you how to do it and what part numbers you'll need to order to get it to work once I get the second Spectra module.

This is just too neat a feature to not have!

Cheers
Old 04-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by chiplouie
Hi Izzy & Eddie,

What receivers and servos did you use when you had this problem? My 3PK and Futaba R203HF and Hitec DCX receivers are working perfectly with a Hitec HS5245MG servo using the Hitec Spectra module.

Cheers
I am using either a Hitec Dual conversion or the XXtra novak receiver.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by psycho
Sorry j0n0. That's why we don't have KO radios!
damn that sucks then oh well...
Old 04-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by chiplouie
Hi Izzy & Eddie,

Cheers
I have try the following receiver

Futaba R113ip
Futaba FP123F

and the following digital servo
Fubaba S9450
KO Pros PS-2123

The shake won't go away unless I use the standard module

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.